NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the obvious power, my favorite things about this guy are his apparent ability to make adjustments and Jeter-esque demeanor. Baseball will humble you but this guy already is. Star in the making & born for the Bronx ? 

It's April, but damn, it looks like something has clicked here.

That is a short simple swing for a huge guy. If his pitch recognition has taken a leap and he can get to that 80 power in game...DAMN.

Fun prospect. Hope it keeps rollin. 

1 hour ago, DannyMcPot said:

This guy is a monster. 460 footer today, his 6th in 11 games :o

Should officially be a fixture 5th in the order or higher. 

exactly what i'm saying why the fdck did they have him batting 7th just a few days ago? Are the yankees tanking?

1 hour ago, happymedium11 said:

exactly what i'm saying why the fdck did they have him batting 7th just a few days ago? Are the yankees tanking?

I could be wrong but I think they've been alternating him between 5th and 6th. Last time I see he batted 7th was April 13th against the Rays. 

Anyways, I like him at 5th or clean up because he's just such a HR threat every AB. Yanks probably want to keep the pressure low on him but he's become the most dangerous hitter in the lineup. Hasn't seen a real slump yet this year but I like his chances to make the proper adjustments. 

58 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Since half the fun in owning guys like this is fawning over their bombs, here's today's for anyone who missed it: 

i love how ken singleton was amazed, you can here him say "ohooohoh"

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

Since half the fun in owning guys like this is fawning over their bombs, here's today's for anyone who missed it: 

Only half??  I get pretty giddy every time he does this.  I guess I get giddy knowing I picked him up off the FA list as well.   Anyways, besides the obvious Stanton comparisons I am getting a Mark McGwire vibe from Judge.   

8 hours ago, CFN said:

Seriously, what are these holes in his swing I've heard of? His swing looks pretty compact to me. Dude is nice. 

Wanted to look into this just broadly not looking at heatmaps. His swinging strike rate is about near league average at 10.4%. Impressive improvement of contact skill vs last year's 18.1%. His K% is 25.4% another impressive improvement over last year's insane 44.2%. His current K% is still higher than league average, but his swinging strike % is average so maybe there actually is some room for the K% to go down.

4 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Only half??  I get pretty giddy every time he does this.  I guess I get giddy knowing I picked him up off the FA list as well.   Anyways, besides the obvious Stanton comparisons I am getting a Mark McGwire vibe from Judge.   

i hear ya.  the guy sat on the wire for a while in the transaction trends on yahoo.  about a week ago i figured meh just pick him up and see what he does.  thank God I did.  Another day or two and he would have been gone.  I picked up a 1st-2nd power bat for free.