Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Paging @Silverdome_Loyal!!!!! 

Where you at bruh???? ?

 

Fair play to you for sticking up for him through the rough 6 weeks. You gave me credit in the Betts thread so feel like it's only right to do the same here. I was extremely frustrated for a while there because he was unrecognizable from the player we grew to love in the 1H but I'm extremely relieved to see you and others were right about it just being a blip on the radar screen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, absknicks said:

 

Yep, #49, tied McGwire. 

 

As I was typing this below, he hit his 50th.

 

I'm pretty confident he'll get the record indisputably, but as far as I'm concerned, due to the one they took away from him, he's already had the greatest HR season any rookie has ever had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2017 at 6:54 PM, mevins31 said:

He's not coming out of this, not this year. Again; drop the socks dude, something.

 

 

On 9/3/2017 at 3:43 AM, summersoff7 said:

More pathetic and embarrassing if anything.  And here I thought he had a chance for 50. 

 

He has a chance for 50, I think.   He should, probably, not feel embarrassed anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TopChuckie said:

 

As I was typing this below, he hit his 50th.

 

I'm pretty confident he'll get the record indisputably, but as far as I'm concerned, due to the one they took away from him, he's already had the greatest HR season any rookie has ever had.

 

 

Are you talking about the one in April?   It happens.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, absknicks said:

 

Fair play to you for sticking up for him through the rough 6 weeks. You gave me credit in the Betts thread so feel like it's only right to do the same here. I was extremely frustrated for a while there because he was unrecognizable from the player we grew to love in the 1H but I'm extremely relieved to see you and others were right about it just being a blip on the radar screen. 

 

 

Credit?   You were, and still are, wrong about Betts

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rich22 said:

 

 

Are you talking about the one in April?   It happens.   

 

The "fan interference" one.  Yeah, it happens, but if it had wound up being the difference between breaking the record or not, that would have sucked.  Fortunately, he took care of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Nah that's not true. Judge and some good streams have me about to win a H2H league. He's carried me through the playoffs against better teams 

 

 

I corrected myself already.   I thought he meant an MLB team, but I see he meant a fantasy team

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2017 at 5:13 AM, rich22 said:

 

 

 

He has a chance for 50, I think.   He should, probably, not feel embarrassed anymore.

check this thread, I was one of the first to claim he'd hit 50.  Then after his dismal 2nd half I back tracked (and for good reason, his track record last year showed us possibly who he was which would have made the 1st half of this season a fluke). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

check this thread, I was one of the first to claim he'd hit 50.  Then after his dismal 2nd half I back tracked (and for good reason, his track record last year showed us possibly who he was which would have made the 1st half of this season a fluke). 

his "track record last year" ?

What in the world are you talking about.. he played in 27 games with 95 PA. 

You jumped off the band wagon just as quickly as you jumped on. There was no analytical backing, admit it and move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

check this thread, I was one of the first to claim he'd hit 50.  Then after his dismal 2nd half I back tracked (and for good reason, his track record last year showed us possibly who he was which would have made the 1st half of this season a fluke). 

 

 

So, now, 84 AB's is a "track record"?   LOL.  He must be a seasoned vet now, using that logic.     His "track record", is more like he starts off slow, at every level, adjusts, and then hits well at that level

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rich22 said:

 

 

So, now, 84 AB's is a "track record"?   LOL.  He must be a seasoned vet now, using that logic.     His "track record", is more like he starts off slow, at every level, adjusts, and then hits well at that level

You are defining him on 75 bats in September.

(21/75)  .307/25/13/26/1  With a .627SLG,  1.337OBP

 

Nothing was a given for a track record but he has had a hell of a month.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

You are defining him on 75 bats in September.

(21/75)  .307/25/13/26/1  With a .627SLG,  1.337OBP

 

Nothing was a given for a track record but he has had a hell of a year

 

 

 

I haven't defined him as anything yet.  Especially not off his September.   Where did you get that idea?   He has had a terrific season, maybe an MVP season.  Nothing more nothing less.    Please don't misrepresent what I said. I haven't bloviated about him, at all.     I said "he starts off slow, at every level, adjusts, and then hits well at that level"   There is nothing to dispute there.

 

His September hasn't been much better than his April, May, and June though.   Few more HR's a little lower BA.  More walks 

Edited by rich22
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rich22 said:

 

 

I haven't defined him as anything yet.  Especially not off his September.   Where did you get that idea?   He has had a terrific season, maybe an MVP season.  Nothing more nothing less.    Please don't misrepresent what I said. I haven't bloviated about him, at all.     I said "he starts off slow, at every level, adjusts, and then hits well at that level"   There is nothing to dispute there.

 

His September hasn't been much better than his April, May, and June though.   Few more HR's a little lower BA.  More walks 

 Less AB then any of the months you reference.  A case can be made for MVP for sure. Depends on how the voters view consistency. July and August may hold him back

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Low and Away said:

 Less AB then any of the months you reference.  A case can be made for MVP for sure. Depends on how the voters view consistency. July and August may hold him back

This whole sample size thing is crap. It's random, and sometimes come up and in 75AB destroy the ball and vanish... Some come up and in 75AB destroy the ball and keep on going.

 

No one in this thread was dumb enough to think he'd be a .300 hitter. I think the best projection here is that he's basically Stanton... .265 or a little more with 50HR power in a great park with a young team. Leave it at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...