Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

And I get excited if Mookie gets a hit...how is first place treating all you Judge owners?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

And I get excited if Mookie gets a hit...how is first place treating all you Judge owners?

 

Um I am in 8th place, but owning Judge is making it fun still...

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's rapidly looking like 35 or maybe even 40 is his floor in that park. The first homer was a jam shot over the right field fence that looked like a 75% effort swing. Such a rush watching him hit right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

And I get excited if Mookie gets a hit...how is first place treating all you Judge owners?

 

It's awesome.  Judge is literally carrying my team on his giant muscular back ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

It's rapidly looking like 35 or maybe even 40 is his floor in that park. The first homer was a jam shot over the right field fence that looked like a 75% effort swing. Such a rush watching him hit right now.

 

35 the absolute floor, 50 the ceiling?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, absknicks said:

His approach is epic right now. He doesn't swing at balls. And normal flyballs for him sail out of MLB stadiums with ease. 

michael K actually made a decent comment for once.  basically what you just said

 

"Im more impressed he isnt expanding the strike zone right now and chasing pitches outside the zone" - during his final at bat 4 pitch walk

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

 

35 the absolute floor, 50 the ceiling?

 

Not sure. Power this effortless doesn't come around often. Sky is the limit in that park, especially if he muscles jam shots to the right field porch with any kind of regularity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

 

35 the absolute floor, 50 the ceiling?

70 Floor, 90 is the ceiling.  Even if a little regression is coming (extremely unlikely) we're looking 60 minimum.  We're looking at the best player to ever play the game who has absolutely no holes in his swing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

 

35 the absolute floor, 50 the ceiling?

 

Bubble alert

 

There have been four 50 HR seasons in the last decade -- A-Rod, Bautista, Fielder and Chris Davis -- and we're bringing Judge into the conversation after 190 or so career plate appearances?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

70 Floor, 90 is the ceiling.  Even if a little regression is coming (extremely unlikely) we're looking 60 minimum.  We're looking at the best player to ever play the game who has absolutely no holes in his swing.

This...He will outproduce Trout by all-star break

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

Bubble alert

 

There have been four 50 HR seasons in the last decade -- A-Rod, Bautista, Fielder and Chris Davis -- and we're bringing Judge into the conversation after 190 or so career plate appearances?

 

In general I'd scoff at talking about 50 home run upside with someone this early in their career, but have you seen this guy.  For five or so years now we've all pretty much agreed Stanton has the most raw power.  I'm not so sure any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJDrocks said:

70 Floor, 90 is the ceiling.  Even if a little regression is coming (extremely unlikely) we're looking 60 minimum.  We're looking at the best player to ever play the game who has absolutely no holes in his swing.

 

Completely agree.  Only better investment is Tulips circa 1636.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I play in a winner-take-all HR-only league where first place is $1,000 ($100 buyin) and the guy in 2nd offered me $800 (with a random throw-in player) for Aaron Judge. I laughed in the guy's face and declined. Lol like this guy thought I didn't know Judge is going to hit 100 homers this year. I told him I'd consider it for $875 and he said he'd get back to me (lol)

Edited by Joesh
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is hilarious and informative, I'm just trying to decide how many people on this thread are actually serious with their predictions and how many are just trolling. Either way, this kid is just eating it at the plate, sweet swing, and great discipline. Loving the spoils of his Goliath strength.

 

I understand it's early, but I wonder how he will change as pitchers adjust to him. What do you peg his value as? ROS? And do you think Judge is a sell high candidate? Just wanting to hear the peoples thoughts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FinalProphet said:

This thread is hilarious and informative, I'm just trying to decide how many people on this thread are actually serious with their predictions and how many are just trolling. Either way, this kid is just eating it at the plate, sweet swing, and great discipline. Loving the spoils of his Goliath strength.

 

I understand it's early, but I wonder how he will change as pitchers adjust to him. What do you peg his value as? ROS? And do you think Judge is a sell high candidate? Just wanting to hear the peoples thoughts.

 

Ranked #2 overall in my OBP league.  I'd have a really hard time selling him for anything less than first round/second round value, and even then it would depend on the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Home Run derby has the potential to be one of the best ever.... Imagine this stud, Gallo, Stanton, & Sano and company clash in Miami.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...