NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

As a Shepherd and Darkwa owner....F***

I own both in multiple leagues. This new info that Smith and maybe Webb will be playing is a big downgrade in fantasy football.  We all know that Manning would feed Shepard. I'm not sure Smith could if he had too.  I doubt I can start Shepard now even though I was really looking forward to his 10-12 targets per game.

I also have to decide what to do with Darkwa since that offense will be playing from behind.  Maybe that does mean more targets for Shepard but its blind hope at this point with Smith and I don't like it.

Eli has been beyond horrible this year.  But Geno Smith is unimaginably worse.  Maybe Shepard will be declared out this week so team managers with Shepard rostered will not have to make the gut-wrenching choice to play Shepard or not. 

33 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

This makes zero sense. It's not like Geno Smith is your future QB, and Davis Webb is far from being ready to play QB at this level. You're not doing him any favors throwing him out there.

This how that meeting went-

MacDodo: Eli we are going to have you play  a full qtr each of the next 5 games and then have you sit so we can see what the other QB's can do and I can try and save my job and look like I'm preparing the team for the future.

Eli: Huh?

MacDodo:  Don't worry, you will be able to keep your consecutive start record intact buddy

MacDodo: So are you on board? I can really use your cooperation in this matter since my job is on the line

Iphone In Eli's Hand: Hey McDodo this is Eli's big brother Peyton, the way I see it you're a dead man walking so get bent you loser!  Mannings don't sit for backups!

Eli go home and eat your supper now.

Eli: Ok Peyton.  Am I in trouble? What are you going to tell Dad? 

Edited by dashoe
1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

So, ismit logical to downgrade SS because of this change in qb? Does anybody actually think this is a good thing?

Can't see how it's an upgrade from the 11-142 line he posted with Eli the last time he played.  I think we're praying he sniffs anything close to that.

9 minutes ago, kdko said:

Can't see how it's an upgrade from the 11-142 line he posted with Eli the last time he played.  I think we're praying he sniffs anything close to that.

Great......I hate WRs.......I was hesitant to even pick up SS because I knew this year, every NYG is tainted........

Diggs.....qb doesn’t throw to him

juju......injured

Shepard......Injured and lousy qb

corey Davis......lousy qb, injured

Thank God for Funchess.....and Dede somewhat. Strap,it up fellows. 

3 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I own both in multiple leagues. This new info that Smith and maybe Webb will be playing is a big downgrade in fantasy football.  We all know that Manning would feed Shepard. I'm not sure Smith could if he had too.  I doubt I can start Shepard now even though I was really looking forward to his 10-12 targets per game.

I also have to decide what to do with Darkwa since that offense will be playing from behind.  Maybe that does mean more targets for Shepard but its blind hope at this point with Smith and I don't like it.

With the playoffs looming, I’m probably staying away from both. Far too risky

As long as he is over the migraines he will be fine. The raiders pass D is horrible. It only looked decent against Lynch. Once Seiman came in he torched them, but it was too late into the game. Geno will get stats against the raiders. He might throw a couple picks,  but who cares. That will only increase there chances of a blowout and force then to throw more. 

Then the next week they play Dallas who is another trash D. 

Im more concerned about his migraines than Geno being qb. If he is over the migraines he will get at least 10+ in ppr the next two weeks.  

Edited by Jewelz0376
35 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I’ll see what happens this week. I was really counting on Shepard being a solid WR in the fantasy playoffs.

Is he healthy is ? numero uno. 

Nobody knows anything it seems, guess it's DeDe Westbrook. 

If this migraine thing is just nasty and he can't play, I just hope he gets right by the Playoffs. He's talented as all get out, he'll still eat, just not as much as before. 

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Dropped

Damn that might be jumping the gun there. They’ll be behind in almost every game it’s looking like. Someone has to catch passes there, and SS is easily the most talented one. I think he is still capable of good Flex numbers. Depends how big your league is I guess 

If I dropped Shep in my 14 teamer he'd be off the street faster than hoes on Melrose during raid week.

The highest scoring WR from last week, live on the wire right now is Cody Latimer. 

Dropping is just not an option here. 

Geno Smith is not half as good as a passer on Eli on any day and doesnt have the rapport with Shepard that Eli built up through repetition, this is a disaster for owners. Those who ar playoff bound have 2 weeks to figure out Plan D since plans ABC imploded

8 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

If I dropped Shep in my 14 teamer he'd be off the street faster than hoes on Melrose during raid week.

The highest scoring WR from last week, live on the wire right now is Cody Latimer. 

Dropping is just not an option here. 

Somebody already picked up Josh Reynolds and Cordell Patterson.  Amazing.  I was in a 14team league and hated every minute of it. Glad to be gone from that hell. 

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Geno Smith is not half as good as a passer on Eli on any day and doesnt have the rapport with Shepard that Eli built up through repetition, this is a disaster for owners. Those who ar playoff bound have 2 weeks to figure out Plan D since plans ABC imploded

I’m past Plan d.....

Plan a- corey

plan b- juju

plan c- dede

plan d- shepard

plan e- ?....

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Somebody already picked up Josh Reynolds and Cordell Patterson.  Amazing.  I was in a 14team league and hated every minute of it. Glad to be gone from that hell. 

Patterson and Renyolds are both available and decent options, my observation was just based on points scored for Lat being the highest, plus I'm targeting a WR so naming specific names is bad for business till the am. 

As far as the league goes, it's fun as hell, and If you win it all, you earned it. 

Last two title games decided by less than 5 points combined, that league is a nut house of action. 

I'm gonna see how this goes, I'm in the playoffs and just not sure of my seed yet. 

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I’m past Plan d.....

Plan a- corey

plan b- juju

plan c- dede

plan d- shepard

plan e- ?....

This def isn't ideal. 

Rolling DeDe for now till I see how JuJu and Shep pan out. 

Gonna hit the wire for one player, I didn't come this far, to only come this far. 

Something will pan out, I'm going to the title game, then all bets are off.