NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said "don't be surprised" if Eli Manning takes back over the starting job following the firing of Ben McAdoo.

Considering how poorly it went over, it makes sense for the Giants to at least act like benching Eli was McAdoo's and former GM Jerry Reese's brainchild, and the best way to prove it is by putting Manning back under center to face the Cowboys this Sunday. If he does get the nod, Manning will have some value in two-quarterback formats.
Just now, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said "don't be surprised" if Eli Manning takes back over the starting job following the firing of Ben McAdoo.

Considering how poorly it went over, it makes sense for the Giants to at least act like benching Eli was McAdoo's and former GM Jerry Reese's brainchild, and the best way to prove it is by putting Manning back under center to face the Cowboys this Sunday. If he does get the nod, Manning will have some value in two-quarterback formats.

thank goodness i have a wk 14 bye to see how this plays out

I don't have any better options, I'm going with SS regardless of QB. It sucks, but that's what happens when the top 3 WR's you draft are all injured (CSB). I feel so dumb for having just about all the waiver wire success WR's out there on my team at some point but not being able to keep any of them with injuries and byes to other players.

I'm liking how this is shaping up.  Eli back, the Giants are at home vs DAL and Sterling Shepard is about to rock just in time for playoffs.  This is great news. Starting with YUGE confidence.

Edited by Big Nate

"I hope I am," Manning said Monday on WFAN-AM in New York. "I hope I'm the starting quarterback. I went in today. I did speak with [interim head] coach [Steve] Spagnuolo for a little bit. It had only been 30 minutes since I had been told he was the head coach. I told him I wanted to be the starting quarterback. I want to be out there and help us go win these four games.

"I hope I'm out there on Sunday playing against the Cowboys."

Sterling Shepard owners do too!:lol: