NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This was a throwaway line in an nfl.com article. Most indications are he's expected to play. 

Well espn ran with it because that was where I got the update from. But it appears they have now changed his outlook to more optimistic.

If he is a go how confident is the consensus here?

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see out around 11:30 EST when the inactives are announced.  They may even give an indication on how likely he is to play a lot or be a decoy.

If he doesn't play though, that would be a real joke.  I know others did as well, but I picked him up and stashed him when he was out originally so I could use him late in the season.  The weeks I really really needed him he has missed so far (didn't even consider playing him last week with Smith at QB).

If Antonio Brown can play on one foot, Shepard can play.  Be a big boy and suck it up, Sterling.

Edited by KilloWertz

Shepard and his weekly maladies and other issues is becoming comical at this point.  He is not a proven stud like a Julio/AB that you simply cross your fingers and  take the risk on if you even think you can play. He is a  potential stud but has yet to demonstrate it because he always has some injury related issue. 

I have no problem plugging in tate-Lee-Goodwin over him. I don't want to but i have no problem doing it.

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Shepard and his weekly maladies and other issues is becoming comical at this point.  He is not a proven stud like a Julio/AB that you simply cross your fingers and  take the risk on if you even think you can play. He is a  potential stud but has yet to demonstrate it because he always has some injury related issue. 

I have no problem plugging in tate-Lee-Goodwin over him. I don't want to but i have no problem doing it.

Not Everyone has the luxury 

THe last report I got is he feels fully healthy and was running at full speed without any sort of pain Thursday and Friday. He is going to eat today along with eli

that nfl report saying he was unlikely to play was extremely incorrect 

6 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Gotta love when you drop Shepard to waivers based on the earlier report given that you have no choice (no one else to drop) and then the report ends up being completely wrong. No way to get him back either.

If he's your best drop candidate at least you are probably in good shape elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

WHat aren’t you guys getting. That was a completely false report

hes been running full speed all week without any pain   100 percent Wednesday was a simple maintenance day

hell be a full go

That is exactly what Jordan Raanan reported, so it does seem like he will be playing today, and that report definitely is more legit than the previous one.  At least he says he actually talked to Shepard.

I am hoping he is indeed 100% so I can plug him in there instead of Mike "Why Did Everyone Draft Me" Evans.  I also picked up Mike Wallace as insurance and would be fine starting him tonight since the Steelers have been getting shredded against the pass for weeks now, but I'm still leaning towards Shepard over either Mike.

46 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Gotta love when you drop Shepard to waivers based on the earlier report given that you have no choice (no one else to drop) and then the report ends up being completely wrong. No way to get him back either.

I did the same thing. I feel your pain