NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Shepard and his weekly maladies and other issues is becoming comical at this point.  He is not a proven stud like a Julio/AB that you simply cross your fingers and  take the risk on if you even think you can play. He is a  potential stud but has yet to demonstrate it because he always has some injury related issue. 

I have no problem plugging in tate-Lee-Goodwin over him. I don't want to but i have no problem doing it.

Goodwin over him for sure. 

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not Shepard's fault that Rappoport is a poor excuse for a reporter.  Eli back?  Scandrick out?  All systems go.

I may end of doing this but hammy injuries especially one he just got just don’t go away and seem to resurface when running hard making cuts. I doubt he has done that in practice. 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I may end of doing this but hammy injuries especially one he just got just don’t go away and seem to resurface when running hard making cuts. I doubt he has done that in practice. 

Assumptions are dangerous and the death of many fantasy seasons.  Unless there were reports that he will be limited, you have to assume he's good.  Home game. Coach is gone.  Eli is back.  Perfect storm brewing.

The Giants had to have been throwing that game

Everyone know Eli and how he plays

Seriously...11 targets to this Lewis guy? and 9 targets to the running back when you are down 20? I mean, he saw fewer targets then 6 other people and 2 other running backs

and at one point...the camera was doign that "Point of view / on the field style camera" and SS was running a slat..and he sat in between the zone and was wide open an just stood there waiting for the ball and Eli looked at him and then for soem reason decided to throw it to Rhett Ellison for a 1 yard gain instead  lol

28 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'm genuinely shocked by this outcome.  This was a dream matchup.  Did Sterling look slowed by the hammy?  Was the pass rush getting to Eli?

No and No

Eli would just look at SS and even if he was open..he would just dump it off to Gallman for some reason...and at one time..it was 2nd and 19 and they just did a hb dive play lol

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

Two weeks left, safe to drop him. i'm not worried about my future opponent picking him up and using him against me .

There really is no one left on waivers that I can pick up who will probably start over my Funchess, Diggs, and Stills so i May drop him to pick up another qb seeing that I lost my back up, Mccown.  Jimmy G perhaps...

9 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I'm genuinely shocked by this outcome.  This was a dream matchup.  Did Sterling look slowed by the hammy?  Was the pass rush getting to Eli?

Eli is only thinking about his health. The Gmen mailed it in a while back. They should refund the cost of the tickets to the fans. Disgraceful.

11 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

The Giants had to have been throwing that game

That actually makes sense.  Get some work for the other WRs to see what they can do in non-preseason action & in the process lose and move up the draft board.

20 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

That actually makes sense.  Get some work for the other WRs to see what they can do in non-preseason action & in the process lose and move up the draft board.

No way the Giants were trying to lose on purpose.  Spags is coaching for his job, Eli is auditioning for next year, all the Giants want to make the Pro Bowl and sign bigger contracts.

That said, I have watched a ton of Giant games since 2014.  This is nothing new.  Eli is one of the most bone-headed quarterbacks I have ever seen play football.  The Giants occasionally win in spite of Eli, not because of him.  Eli criminally under-targets Beckham Jr. when he is on the field.  

On 12/11/2017 at 12:05 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

No way the Giants were trying to lose on purpose.  Spags is coaching for his job, Eli is auditioning for next year, all the Giants want to make the Pro Bowl and sign bigger contracts.

That said, I have watched a ton of Giant games since 2014.  This is nothing new.  Eli is one of the most bone-headed quarterbacks I have ever seen play football.  The Giants occasionally win in spite of Eli, not because of him.  Eli criminally under-targets Beckham Jr. when he is on the field.  

So you'd feel fine cutting bait is what you're saying here?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, Woonga24 said:

No and No

Eli would just look at SS and even if he was open..he would just dump it off to Gallman for some reason...and at one time..it was 2nd and 19 and they just did a hb dive play lol

Never seen such obvious tanking. Gomer had all day to throw and would just dump it off. The Cowboys gave them every opportunity to win the game and they simply said no. It was like he just wanted to pad his completion stats.

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

So you'd feel fine cutting bait is what you're saying here?

It depends what your options are, I suppose.  I am done waiting for Eli and the Giants to make magic this year.

I sincerely hope Odell Beckham and Sterling Shepard have a decent QB throwing them the ball next year.  Kirk Cousins come on up?