NBC Sports Edge Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the game and... I don't get it. It wasn't as if Eli was being harassed by the pass rush. He seemed to have ample time to throw. He just never looked Shepards way, and barely threw it down the field at all otherwise. Perhaps Shep wasn't 100%. With the Kamara injury it softened the direct blow of this garbage game (I wouldn't have won either way). If Kamara went on to get his usual 25 or so, I'd be squarely looking at Shepard as the failure of my 2017 playoff run/season.

Edited by griffin727

Does anyone think last week was just a fluke and Shepard might have another monster game like he did in week 10 (11 catches for 142)?  They are gonna be losing to the Eagles and have to throw the ball a lot.  Shepard is by far their best receiver. Everyone is saying to bench him in fantasy but watch him put up another 25 ppr points like he did week 10.  Anybody thinking of giving this guy another chance?

18 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I was watching the game and... I don't get it. It wasn't as if Eli was being harassed by the pass rush. He seemed to have ample time to throw. He just never looked Shepards way, and barely threw it down the field at all otherwise. Perhaps Shep wasn't 100%. With the Kamara injury it softened the direct blow of this garbage game (I wouldn't have won either way). If Kamara went on to get his usual 25 or so, I'd be squarely looking at Shepard as the failure of my 2017 playoff run/season.

That what I said in my observation a page back in this thread..they we're obviously throwing the game...I mean scandrick was out and the cowboys already have one of the most generous secondary and Shepard gets one Target even when he was wide open every snap?

2 minutes ago, Boy George said:

Does anyone think last week was just a fluke and Shepard might have another monster game like he did in week 10 (11 catches for 142)?  They are gonna be losing to the Eagles and have to throw the ball a lot.  Shepard is by far their best receiver. Everyone is saying to bench him in fantasy but watch him put up another 25 ppr points like he did week 10.  Anybody thinking of giving this guy another chance?

I might have to start him in our 3 WR league..nobody else out there besides Cory Davis and Trent Taylor lol

2 minutes ago, Boy George said:

With Cooper and Benjamin on my team< I may not have an option but to start and cross my fingers.

Im really hoping last week was flukey as hes recovering from a hamstring injury....but who knows.....

Not that anyone is starting this guy, but:

Sterling Shepard (hamstring) wasn't listed on the Giants' final injury report for Week 15 against the Eagles.

Advice: He's been limited the past two practices but it won't affect his status for Week 15. Shepard had one of his better games against the Eagles back in Week 3 (7-133-1), but we're not expecting a repeat performance. Consider him a back-end WR3.

Moregiants.com

(Rotoworld.com)

On 12/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, Boy George said:

You guys all suck

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Shepards mainly plays in the slot? He was killing the Eagles from the slot yesterday.

I know. But they have used Peterson more this year on the other teams primary.  Even having him go cover in the slot.   I picked him up sunday morning and would love to play him over Dez or Gordon this week.  Just nervous