NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Sterling Shepard 2017 Season Outlook

Savatage79

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, vmo1059 said:

Just saw the b marsh news. When Shepard is healthy, he's pretty much the man in NY right?

On the positive, it’ll be him, Engram, Lewis and whoever. And it’s not like they can really run the ball. So yeah, owning him means owning the potential W1for the giants. We will see how he heals though. Ankles can linger.

Surprised there’s not much talk about him today. I think after McKinnon he’s the second best waiver add this week. 

They are absolutely depleted at WR and he’s the only one left with a good connection with Eli.

Even though Shepard will likely miss time, he needs to be owned in 100 percent of leagues. Odell Beckham is done for the year, and Brandon Marshallwill miss significant time. Shepard fills the OBJ role, and while he’s not as amazing as Beckham, Shepard is plenty talented and will be the team’s No. 1 receiver once back.
FAB Dollars: $30-35”

PPR Machine going forward if hes healthy. In my leagues hes not available though. Not sure what is the obsession with McKinnon I think hes a waste we have seen this 20x before with him he has never been able to sustain success and this time he wont either he couldn't wrestle a job away from Matt Asiata.. If Shepard is available on your Waivers he is clearly the better option over Mckinnon IMO I would even venture to say I would rather have Mack as well over McKinnon.. That said pick up Shepard.

3 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Lower expectations for one month.

He's got Denver, Seattle, and a BYE.  Even is he's healthy, see ya in week 9

This was the main reason why I didn't push hard/overpay for OBJ. Daunting schedule coming up during some key weeks. Extremely fortunate in hindsight.

10 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

Meh, he's a slot guy, I think he'll do just fine on underneath routes, even against those teams. 

3 hours ago, cousinal111 said:

Is he playing this weekend? 

In a walking boot so doesn't seem likely. We will probably see the writing on the wall depending on whether or not he gets in limited practices Thu/Fri.

I'm guessing that the most likely scenario is a wk 9 return after the bye, but even then this guy is a very solid hold. Has WR2 upside when healthy as the #1 option in this offense.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:42 PM, Rs79 said:

Agree with this. The kind of player who can be a league winner because they have to throw the ball to someone.

Edited by Butters

2 hours ago, Rnock said:

How serious is walking boot? How long do we expect him to be out?

Originally he was labeled as day to day but the walking boot is a later development that may suggest he is more week to week. With Denver and Seattle on the Giants schedule then a BYE it probably won't make a difference if Giants hold him out the next 3 weeks or if he plays next week. Holding him out longer would be the wise move for his long term health which should be the priority for the 0-5 Giants who would be long shots to beat Denver or Seattle even if OBJ was healthy. 

Allegedly the ankle injury is a re-aggravation of a previous ankle injury he had during training camp that cost him 10 days so that gives some sort of barometer of the severity (although it could obviously be worse). 

2 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

I've never payed much attention to this guy, is he talented enough to flourish as the clear #1 WR in NY?

Former 2nd round pick, excellent route runner and caught a lot of touchdowns last year. He seems like more of a Jarvis Landry type than a true #1 but that doesn’t mean he won’t be a valuable fantasy player. Probably will be more of an asset in PPR based on volume alone but this guy did score a lot of TDs last year. I think he will see double digit targets as soon as he’s healthy. What’s not to like?

Yea he caught 8 TD's last year as a rookie, i just wish the Giants had some strength to hang there hat on offensively, like a strong OLine, but they dont. That being said, still dont see how this guy wont be a WR2 after the bye with the volume he should see.. 

Edited by dakimbell