NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already can't stand the fact I drafted this dude.  Start him week one he does nothing.  Week two he leaves with a hammy and Henry drops 90 and a TD.  This week he doesn't practice fully once, I sit him, and then he goes off.  Smfh

Edited by LSUtiger
On Sun Sep 24 2017 at 6:45 PM, No Limit said:

You were saying?

You serious? You were encouraged sunday? 

His olinemen outran him to the endzone on that 75yd run.

Murray is still the starter, i concede that but he looks sooo slow out there, as an owner you cant be super excited about that, can you?

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Murray is still the starter, i concede that but he looks sooo slow out there, as an owner you cant be super excited about that, can you?

1. That was there full back not o-line man.

2. Demarco was weaving back and forth 

I wouldn't call that sooo slow as he burned 2-3 seahawks on the play.

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

A gimpy @$$ Murray outperformed your dude.  It happened.  Just stop man.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:56 PM, wolverine_irl said:

Everyone last season waited for Henry to take the starting job.

In week 3 of the following year we are still waiting.

How do the Henry owners explain this?

I don't see Murray going away at all after todays game.

1. one year more of experience for Henry

2. Demarco's stats were way worse than Henry's like the last 7 games (going back to last season) i.e. YPC.

3. Demarco's hamstring injury + re-aggravation of said injury

??

I think Demarco is still the better runner but there were some legitimate points to be made prior to Sunday.

2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

1. one year more of experience for Henry

2. Demarco's stats were way worse than Henry's like the last 7 games (going back to last season) i.e. YPC.

3. Demarco's hamstring injury + re-aggravation of said injury

??

I think Demarco is still the better runner but there were some legitimate points to be made prior to Sunday.

Points that were completely silenced by the power of reality.

I'm just pointing out the fact that people have been predicting this forever and are still wrong to this day.

I'm bitter that Henry didn't go off last week tbh. Upset that I bought into the hype.

32 minutes ago, wolverine_irl said:

Points that were completely silenced by the power of reality.

I'm just pointing out the fact that people have been predicting this forever and are still wrong to this day.

I'm bitter that Henry didn't go off last week tbh. Upset that I bought into the hype.

For one week.

Lol

On 9/24/2017 at 7:58 PM, LSUtiger said:

I already can't stand the fact I drafted this dude.  Start him week one he does nothing.  Week two he leaves with a hammy and Henry drops 90 and a TD.  This week he doesn't practice fully once, I sit him, and then he goes off.  Smfh

Looking forward to slotting him back in this week for him to go 12/32/0 for me.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:05 PM, Zekepeak86 said:

1 run.... remember that. 75 yards and a td was 13.5 points. Great blocking and good vision for sure. But this backfield isn't going to be a cowbell workload either way

In the end they don't ask how, they ask how many.

I agree though this backfield will not be bellcow friendly like those who drafted him hoped it would be.

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

Looking forward to slotting him back in this week for him to go 12/32/0 for me.

Same here. I started him 2 weeks ago and he put up a dud. Benched him last week for D Henry and he goes off. I still won both weeks but I'm playing with fire. I'm gonna start him again this week but I'm sure D Henry will go off.

Ya'll need to calm down. Henry is actually the one hurt right now with a thigh issue. Tennessee is first and foremost a running team, Murray is their lead back until further notice. If you can get a good return for him through a trade, then I can't argue with that. But selling him for pennies on the dollar is ridiculous. 

If Murray gets to even 3/4 of what he did last year he will still be valuable. He might have just needed that big play to really get in the groove. But a washed up back isn't taking a 75 yarder to the house that's for sure 

18 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's called lining up and using your blocks. Typically you don't out run your blockers because you get tackled without vision something Henry could learn more about.