NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

Ffguy0087

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy-Low Candidates

DeMarco Murray, TEN, RB – Murray is in a similar place as Ajayi, outside the top 30 in RB fantasy production, but still in the lead role for his team and looking at a soft remaining schedule (fourth-easiest at the RB position). Murray has out-carried backup Derrick Henry by more than a 2:1 ratio (21 to 10) in the past two games, and has 97 more snaps on the season than Henry (204 to 107).  In other words, he’s still the clear platoon leader. And I think Tennessee has much better football ahead of it than what it has showed us in the first five weeks. This was a physical, dominant offensive line and running game a season ago, and I expect we’ll see that re-emerge before too long.

51 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Buy-Low Candidates

DeMarco Murray, TEN, RB – Murray is in a similar place as Ajayi, outside the top 30 in RB fantasy production, but still in the lead role for his team and looking at a soft remaining schedule (fourth-easiest at the RB position). Murray has out-carried backup Derrick Henry by more than a 2:1 ratio (21 to 10) in the past two games, and has 97 more snaps on the season than Henry (204 to 107).  In other words, he’s still the clear platoon leader. And I think Tennessee has much better football ahead of it than what it has showed us in the first five weeks. This was a physical, dominant offensive line and running game a season ago, and I expect we’ll see that re-emerge before too long.

Where did that piece come from? So i will know to avoid it.

5 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Buy-Low Candidates

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I am sure they think the hamstring has been limiting him up until now and with his schedule and oline are good ros so they think he will revert back to early season 2016 murray.

It seems like everyone is assuming all the Titans will be healthy and productive after their week 8 bye. (Mariota, Davis, Murray) 

ummmmm, we still need to fill out lineups for weeks 6 and 7 too, you know! 

I have been contemplating buying low for awhile but it appears I've gotten too cute (I was going to get him last week but I knew he'd most likely struggle without Mariota) and ESPN blew up my spot projecting him out of the blue to score 16.5 in PPR. I'm not an owner of him so I haven't gone through the agony of spending a 2-3 round pick on him but I'm still optimistic. Obviously Mariota coming back isn't the answer since he played trash when Mariota was healthy. I'm not sure if the problem is him but I'm going to assume the o-line is a factor since Henry hasn't really done that great either. If you take away Murray's 75 yd TD that one game his numbers look a whole lot worse. However, his steady stream of carries, role in what can be a much improved offense the 2nd half of the year (especially when Mariota and Davis are healthy) and him being elite just a year ago is why I still have optimism and if I could get him to be my flex or 3rd RB I'd likely jump on the opportunity. 

Edited by Jaw1

On 10/14/2017 at 1:21 PM, leesanity7 said:

Mariota seems to be good to go this week. I'm feeling more and more confident about Murray this week!

Definitely doesn't hurt. 

The only thing I need this dude to do tomorrow is outscore his teammate Delanie Walker.  Sad that I feel like that's a tall task at this point.