NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

Ffguy0087

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, High&Inside said:

It's funny to see how many of us need 12-15 points from Demarco to get a win, and nothing about it feels certain. Though it should be considering his past performance and being a 2nd round pick, but this year has been so bad.

Yeah, it'd be nice to feel even the smallest bit of comfort of slotting my 2nd rounder into my lineup, but there is none. Like, zero. I'm fully expecting him to absolute f*** me again with another 15/42/0 game, especially since I absolutely need him to meet his value. Not exceed it, I'm not asking for a miracle, I just need him to get his 15+ touches, average a mediocre 4 YPC, and fall into the endzone. Apparently far too much to ask for though. 

On 10/15/2017 at 10:14 PM, LSUtiger said:

Definitely doesn't hurt. 

The only thing I need this dude to do tomorrow is outscore his teammate Delanie Walker.  Sad that I feel like that's a tall task at this point. 

Ole baw did the job for me tonight so I'm happy.  But damn he looks like he's playing at 50% with no explosion or speed.  I thought he was about to be pulled multiple times on that balky hammy.  Doesn't inspire much confidence going forward.

Titans should probably rest him next week against the Browns (who actually have a solid run defense but they should be able to beat without him) to give him a longer recovery than just the BYE since he looks like he needs it. Issue is Titans may not care since they are probably cutting Murray after this season anyway and he isn't likely to ever get to 100% this season. Splitting carries may help Murray from getting significantly worse but he isn't going to get any better so long as he is playing on the hammy. 

If the Titans are feeling confident they will make the playoffs and be able to make a push to advance, I think they need to rest Murray now rather than keeping him out there at 60% and waiting for him to fail.  A healthy Murray could go a long ways in and around the playoffs.  

8 hours ago, oban14 said:

I just ran into Murray at the bar.  You guys won't believe this, but he was obviously crying.  I mean he was trying to hide it, kept talking about allergies and stuff, but I know what I saw.  Anyway best of luck, he had a hell of a career.

Nashville is absolutely terrible for allergies. Tennessee is among the worst states for allergens. It gets so bad that even some of the back country folk turn meth back into sudafed. 

Just typical coach talk or is this probably reliable? Is this a full-blown 50/50 timeshare now?

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said the team's Week 6 timeshare at running back was a "good model."

Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray both played 39 snaps one week after Murray out-snapped Henry 49-11. Henry ran circles around Murray against the Colts, out-touching him 20-16 and out-gaining him 145-87. Mularkey also said Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter. Mularkey's comments make it clear there shouldn't be another game where Murray plays 38 more snaps than Henry, but it's going to remain a messy situation, with the veteran likely to continue taking the lead. Henry has been the better player this season. Maybe the Titans' workload delineation will eventually begin to reflect that.
Oct 17 - 5:14 PM

54 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Just typical coach talk or is this probably reliable? Is this a full-blown 50/50 timeshare now?

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said the team's Week 6 timeshare at running back was a "good model."

Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray both played 39 snaps one week after Murray out-snapped Henry 49-11. Henry ran circles around Murray against the Colts, out-touching him 20-16 and out-gaining him 145-87. Mularkey also said Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter. Mularkey's comments make it clear there shouldn't be another game where Murray plays 38 more snaps than Henry, but it's going to remain a messy situation, with the veteran likely to continue taking the lead. Henry has been the better player this season. Maybe the Titans' workload delineation will eventually begin to reflect that.
Oct 17 - 5:14 PM

You have to assume it's a timeshare.

Either they keep playing Murray and his hamstring remains tight and ailing -- and Henry owns half the work.

Or they rest Murray to get his hamstring right -- and Henry shines in the spotlight and owns at least half the work when Murray returns because he's earned it.

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Dang, so whats the realistic outlook of this 1st round pick for this weekend?

I'm sitting him, but then again, I'm stacked at RB. If you have no options, you may be screwed between his hamstring, the 50/50 timeshare and Henry's hot hands.

Really did not see this nightmare coming on draft night.  Last time we went around this merry-go-round, I started Henry over Murray and left the 75 yard TD on my bench.  I just know whichever one I start is going to put up a dud while the other explodes.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Really did not see this nightmare coming on draft night.  Last time we went around this merry-go-round, I started Henry over Murray and left the 75 yard TD on my bench.  I just know whichever one I start is going to put up a dud while the other explodes.

I did the same thing in that SEA game smh.  I'm tempted to start Henry this week merely because of the guaranteed time share, Murray being legitimately gimpy, and game flow seeming to favor a lot of late work for Henry.  Gonna be a tough call come Sunday.  

I think I'm just gonna start them both against the woeful Browns. Tenn should be up and pounding it on the ground. And with Mariota gimpy, I don't think we have to worry about a bootleg TD or a pull on a zone read. I'm thinking at least 2 rushing tds with the rbs and since we really don't know which one it will be, I'm starting both ??‍♂️. 

45 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

A 29 year old RB with a lot of mileage who got injured in preseason. You had no idea this could be a possibility?

Just now, burninglegs said:

A 29 year old RB with a lot of mileage who got injured in preseason. You had no idea this could be a possibility?

I had an idea it was a possibility, which is why I drafted Henry.  I was hoping the Henry takeover, if it happened, would be neater than this, where Murray cannot get healthy but keeps gutting it out there every week to make sure Henry doesn't steal his job.  I didn't think Mularkey would let Murray re-aggravate his hammy this many times before sending him to the bench for a game to get a look at Henry. 

17 hours ago, eg4190 said:

I had an idea it was a possibility, which is why I drafted Henry.  I was hoping the Henry takeover, if it happened, would be neater than this, where Murray cannot get healthy but keeps gutting it out there every week to make sure Henry doesn't steal his job.  I didn't think Mularkey would let Murray re-aggravate his hammy this many times before sending him to the bench for a game to get a look at Henry. 

Smart move would have been to draft a WR1 or RB1 instead of murray and then draft Henry much later and then wait for a day like today, meanwhile your WR1 or RB1 you drafted in place of murray could still be scoring you points this weekend.