NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's starting Murray over Henry, for those who have both options? Just as in Week 3, this is the decision that will consume my soul until about 12:55pm. Leaning Murray because of what happened last time -- he always seems to have his best games when Henry is really breathing down his neck.

Edited by eg4190
43 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

So who's starting Murray over Henry, for those who have both options? Just as in Week 3, this is the decision that will consume my soul until about 12:55pm. Leaning Murray because of what happened last time -- he always seems to have his best games when Henry is really breathing down his neck.

Starting Henry. For some reason, I think this aggravated injury is worse than they are letting on. Murray maybe gets the start, but gets held out after the first series. He looked really bad on Monday night...limping and hobbling. Had his baseball cap on the sideline after his TD in the 4th.

"Recovery from a hamstring injury is as difficult to predict as a concussion. But based on how Titans running back DeMarco Murray looked Monday against the Colts, even if he plays Sunday at Cleveland, he will be on a short leash and will likely again split time with Derrick Henry. With the Titans off in Week 8, perhaps giving him this week off (and getting two weeks rest for the price of one) will be tempting. Murray has not missed a game despite dealing with a hamstring issue off and on since the preseason. He was clearly hobbled Monday, did not practice Wednesday or Thursday and was limited Friday."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-intriguing-wwek-seven-fournette-winston-allen-1021-story.html

20 hours ago, leesanity7 said:

Because it doesn't hurt to rest him a week going into the bye, and that they're facing the Browns. 

He's been dealing with the injury, and that's why this is the best time to let him heal?

Right - but they keep rolling him out there.  Go figure.  Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

I'm starting Henry over Murray.  I think the best split for Demarco is 50/50, but I'm feeling like it will be 60/40 Henry's favor this game, and most likely Henry taking over the 4th if the game is out of hand which it should be.  Crappy decision for sure..

6 minutes ago, FFMike888 said:

I'm starting Henry over Murray.  I think the best split for Demarco is 50/50, but I'm feeling like it will be 60/40 Henry's favor this game, and most likely Henry taking over the 4th if the game is out of hand which it should be.  Crappy decision for sure..

Yeah I've flip-flopped and now starting Henry. Even if Murray winds up scoring more points, there's just too much risk involved given what we know now.

I just mentioned this in the Henry thread, but I think Murray is an insurance policy. If Henry goes down, he's available. If they need a change of pace, he'll go in. Other than that, I just don't see him being a major part of the game plan.

10 hours ago, phizzics said:

I just mentioned this in the Henry thread, but I think Murray is an insurance policy. If Henry goes down, he's available. If they need a change of pace, he'll go in. Other than that, I just don't see him being a major part of the game plan.

I think you need to reverse the names.

38 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I think you need to reverse the names.

Henry Derrick and Murray DeMarco? Oh, you mean...

Yeah, I pretty much got this exactly backwards. Not the first time...won't be the last.

qHCmV0z.jpg

Having watched the game Murray had two goal line chances to make it a decent score line - if Demarco starts you got to play him over Henry period.  This isn't the first year coaching staff has done this, all last year too (albeit he played better).  Now a week off to rest his hamstring and newly tweaked shoulder.

What are we expecting/thinking for this week?  Has had one "big" game all year, he's definitely due.  The week off should have made his hammy a bit better, here's to hoping they gave him the entire week off, and all he did was catch up on Season 2 of Stranger Things, while watching on his couch.

5 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

What are we expecting/thinking for this week?  Has had one "big" game all year, he's definitely due.  The week off should have made his hammy a bit better, here's to hoping they gave him the entire week off, and all he did was catch up on Season 2 of Stranger Things, while watching on his couch.

I think hes a decent play this week. Hard to ever really trust him with the backfield always being in question. You could do worse with this week of byes.