NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

Ffguy0087

1 hour ago, jsab23 said:

No one can be Happy with wasting a high draft pick on Murray.

Derrick Henry looks to be good and possibly the heir apparent however is hes not getting the volume he is worthless actually I think they both cancel each other out and cannot be trusted

This.  It doesn't do us any good to have Murray get a 60/40 split only to get vultured at the goal line.  At this point, neither guy is a reliable start, much less an RB2 which we thought we'd be getting at a minimum with Murray this year...

Edited by LSUtiger

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bo Hackson said:

I was afraid this BS would happen so I started both, yes, BOTH yesterday as I had no other RB's available. Figured one of them had to score at least 1 TD but this was dreadful...

I had to start both of them too due to all my other rbs having byes. They were riding my bench before yesterday and will continue riding it from here on out. 

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I'm going to caveat this by saying I would never wish harm on a football player.

I wish harm on DeMarco Murray.

Seriously how is this guy still getting the majority of snaps? He looks like he can barely move when he's on the field.

Edited by gufomel

2 hours ago, gufomel said:

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I'm going to caveat this by saying I would never wish harm on a football player.

I wish harm on DeMarco Murray.

Seriously how is this guy still getting the majority of snaps? He looks like he can barely move when he's on the field.

He's terrible but that just shows you how much confidence they have in Henry. The Henry trurhers will have you believe that he is a great running back and blame the coaches, but he's not. Both will ride my bench like they have been for weeks.

8 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

He's terrible but that just shows you how much confidence they have in Henry. The Henry trurhers will have you believe that he is a great running back and blame the coaches, but he's not. Both will ride my bench like they have been for weeks.

If you believe this what are you devoting two roster spots to them for? 

10 minutes ago, dmbs_avenue said:

What is his trade value now? If any....

As a Derrick Henry owner I'd give you a WR ranked around 25-30.

If I didn't own Henry, I'm 50/50 if I'd take him off waivers.

Edited by oban14

5 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

If you believe this what are you devoting two roster spots to them for? 

Because I have 3 other rbs that I use and there is nothing worth dropping them for on my waivers. I'm in a keeper league and was hoping to keep Henry but I doubt that now. 

6 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

Because I have 3 other rbs that I use and there is nothing worth dropping them for on my waivers. I'm in a keeper league and was hoping to keep Henry but I doubt that now. 

I traded for him this year in a keeper primarily to keep him.  Murray is probably gone after this season - why wouldn't you keep Henry?

38 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

It has nothing to do with confidence.  Everyone knows what happens when you give Henry 20+ carries a game....beast.  It's poor coaching.

Why is Marvin Lewis still devoted to Jeremy Hill every week?

Why does Dirk Koetter give Doug Martin 5 carries in 3 quarters when he was averaging 7YPC in the 1st quarter alone?

Why does Hue Jackson keep announcing Kizer as his starter every week and yanks him at halftime every game?

Poor coaching is the result of situations like this.  Murray stinks but because of his "veteran leadership" and name he is in the lineup every week hurt or not.

11 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I traded for him this year in a keeper primarily to keep him.  Murray is probably gone after this season - why wouldn't you keep Henry?

I just don't see a great rb with him. He's slow to get to the hole and reminds me too much of Brandon Jacobs. His only good runs were against Indy when the game was already at hand and the defenders didn't want to tackle him, and against Jax when he was used as a closer. I would love to see him get a full workload and prove me wrong but i doubt he would be great. I would have loved to have kept him too but I have Jordan Howard and Dalvin Cook who have proven much more. 

1 minute ago, KuNiT21 said:

It has nothing to do with confidence.  Everyone knows what happens when you give Henry 20+ carries a game....beast.  It's poor coaching.

Why is Marvin Lewis still devoted to Jeremy Hill every week?

Why does Dirk Koetter give Doug Martin 5 carries in 3 quarters when he was averaging 7YPC in the 1st quarter alone?

Why does Hue Jackson keep announcing Kizer as his starter every week and yanks him at halftime every game?

Poor coaching is the result of situations like this.  Murray stinks but because of his "veteran leadership" and name he is in the lineup every week hurt or not.

So what happened when he got 13 carries for 13 yards? Are you saying that if he got 7 more carries he would have all of a sudden broke loose? You can blame the coaching all you want but I just don't see it. I hope he proves me wrong. And by the way, Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis should have been fired years ago.

2 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

I just don't see a great rb with him. He's slow to get to the hole and reminds me too much of Brandon Jacobs. His only good runs were against Indy when the game was already at hand and the defenders didn't want to tackle him, and against Jax when he was used as a closer. I would love to see him get a full workload and prove me wrong but i doubt he would be great. I would have loved to have kept him too but I have Jordan Howard and Dalvin Cook who have proven much more. 

I don't know how many you can keep, and I can understand keeping Howard/Cook over Henry if you can only keep two RBs.  But in your response you bring up some great points:

"the defenders didn't want to tackle him"

"when he was used as a closer"

"would love to see him get a full workload"

I like RBs that defenders hate to tackle.  I like what he did to Jax (a defense I love) as a closer.  And give him a full workload, he should be doing both every week.

He isn't going to be Chris Johnson in his prime.  He isn't going to break a lot of long runs and dynamically fly around.  But let him go 12 full rounds against you and you'll wish you'd taken a dive in round 4.