NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Baldy8 said:

So what happened when he got 13 carries for 13 yards? Are you saying that if he got 7 more carries he would have all of a sudden broke loose? You can blame the coaching all you want but I just don't see it. I hope he proves me wrong. And by the way, Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis should have been fired years ago.

I think Hue Jackson is a great OC and a great motivator and maybe not a good HC.  Tough to tell what the issue is in Cleveland, I mean they really are a bunch of basket cases.  I don't know why these front offices and coaches are so clueless as running an NFL organization is very easy.

1) Always trade down and acquire future draft picks.

2) Don't be afraid to draft 5 WRs or 5 OL or 5 DBs in a single draft.  Players pop up as all stars from every round.  Don't take 1 OL/DB/WR and think you found the answer.

3) Follow these first two rules for a few years and the future becomes the present - you have a stacked team, tons of picks in every draft and even a meme coach should be able to win.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

So what happened when he got 13 carries for 13 yards? Are you saying that if he got 7 more carries he would have all of a sudden broke loose? You can blame the coaching all you want but I just don't see it. I hope he proves me wrong. And by the way, Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis should have been fired years ago.

Every RB runs in brick walls sometimes, it happens.  The problem is the Henry Haters like to compare his stats all the time when he receives 4-6 carries a game.  We have yet to see Henry on a full load without Murray.  Defense changes a bit when Henry comes in too (stacked boxes).  I'd like to see Henry operate by himself for once.

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

I don't know how many you can keep, and I can understand keeping Howard/Cook over Henry if you can only keep two RBs.  But in your response you bring up some great points:

"the defenders didn't want to tackle him"

"when he was used as a closer"

"would love to see him get a full workload"

I like RBs that defenders hate to tackle.  I like what he did to Jax (a defense I love) as a closer.  And give him a full workload, he should be doing both every week.

He isn't going to be Chris Johnson in his prime.  He isn't going to break a lot of long runs and dynamically fly around.  But let him go 12 full rounds against you and you'll wish you'd taken a dive in round 4.

I totally agree that he is a bruiser and most defenders dont want any part of his big frame. Obviously he will never be a speedster but I just question his vision and speed to get the tough yards when he needs them. Like i said, hope im wrong.

1 minute ago, KuNiT21 said:

Every RB runs in brick walls sometimes, it happens.  The problem is the Henry Haters like to compare his stats all the time when he receives 4-6 carries a game.  We have yet to see Henry on a full load without Murray.  Defense changes a bit when Henry comes in too (stacked boxes).  I'd like to see Henry operate by himself for once.

Totally agree with you and want to see him get a full workload. 

9 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

It has nothing to do with confidence.  Everyone knows what happens when you give Henry 20+ carries a game....beast.  It's poor coaching.

And how do you know this? He's LITERALLY never had 20 carries in a game.

One of my biggest pet peeves in fantasy football is how fast people and the "experts" want to diss an older player and move on to a young buck when there's no proof the younger guy is any better. They have both looked equally mediocre, the whole freakin team has. The Titans in general took a step back.  

4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I think Hue Jackson is a great OC and a great motivator and maybe not a good HC.  Tough to tell what the issue is in Cleveland, I mean they really are a bunch of basket cases.  I don't know why these front offices and coaches are so clueless as running an NFL organization is very easy.

1) Always trade down and acquire future draft picks.

2) Don't be afraid to draft 5 WRs or 5 OL or 5 DBs in a single draft.  Players pop up as all stars from every round.  Don't take 1 OL/DB/WR and think you found the answer.

3) Follow these first two rules for a few years and the future becomes the present - you have a stacked team, tons of picks in every draft and even a meme coach should be able to win.

Yea I live right near Philly and the Eagle fans here thank Cleveland everyday for letting them get Wentz.

4 minutes ago, elpursuit said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in fantasy football is how fast people and the "experts" want to diss an older player and move on to a young buck when there's no proof the younger guy is any better. They have both looked equally mediocre, the whole freakin team has. The Titans in general took a step back.  

This

2 minutes ago, elpursuit said:

Dude, you are exactly proving everyone's point here. 

He hasn't had a 20 carry game?

Correct, he is showing his age therefore he can't even receive a 20 carry game.

Experts want to diss an older player to a young buck when we have no proof the younger guy is any better?

Correct, which is why most of us at this point just want to see Henry take the bulk and have Murray just inactive.

Your right though, the whole team is a mess but this is on coaching 100%.  Henry improves the more carries he gets.  You can't give a guy with his frame 6-7 carries a game and expect 60+ yards.  This guy bruises, he wears a defense down, he scares defenders tackling him.  He needs to be a 3 down back to unleash the fury.

Yea I live right near Philly and the Eagle fans here thank Cleveland everyday for letting them get Wentz.

Sometimes you will miss on a great player doing what I suggest, I don't deny it.  If my team had the #1 pick and I was the GM, I would try to figure out how many great players there are in the draft - and there is usually 8-12.  I would try to slowly trade down as many times as I could and still get one.  But honestly I'd rather take 10 guys in rounds 1-3 than one guy in each round, first through seventh.  Like playing roulette I don't want it all on one number... especially if other teams are paying to cover future numbers for me.

9 minutes ago, elpursuit said:

19 for 132yds and a td, 1 less carry than 20

14 carries for 92 and a TD, 6 less than 20.

What do you think he would do with 20 carries a game?

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

19 for 132yds and a td, 1 less carry than 20

14 carries for 92 and a TD, 6 less than 20.

What do you think he would do with 20 carries a game?

What about 13 carries for 13 yards? Hmm guess you conveniently left that one out lol. It's all good, I admire your loyalty. Just be a man and come back once he gets his shot and fails.

Any update on Murray's status for this weekend's game? Last I heard, he was dealing with a knee issue on top of whatever other health problems he has. Honestly, watching this guy play out the season is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Just give up already and tap out DeMarco!

What about 13 carries for 13 yards? Hmm guess you conveniently left that one out lol. It's all good, I admire your loyalty. Just be a man and come back once he gets his shot and fails.

You have seem something to suggest i wont be here?

He wont fail.

13 for 13 against a top 3 rushing defense playing in a backup role? Bad games happen, i think we have enough of a body of work on Henry to tell that the Browns game was the exception and not the rule when it comes to his production on close to 20 carries.

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Any update on Murray's status for this weekend's game? Last I heard, he was dealing with a knee issue on top of whatever other health problems he has. Honestly, watching this guy play out the season is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Just give up already and tap out DeMarco!

DeMarco Murray (knee) is practicing in full for Week 10 against the Bengals.
Murray came away with a minor knee injury in Sunday's win over Baltimore, but it's obviously nothing serious. He should see his usual workload against Cincinnati, which amounts to splitting carries with Derrick Henry. Nov 8 - 5:04 PM
53 minutes ago, gufomel said:
DeMarco Murray (knee) is practicing in full for Week 10 against the Bengals.
Murray came away with a minor knee injury in Sunday's win over Baltimore, but it's obviously nothing serious. He should see his usual workload against Cincinnati, which amounts to splitting carries with Derrick Henry. Nov 8 - 5:04 PM

Welp, here's to hoping Forte is out then so I can fire up Powell instead. I just don't trust playing Henry if Murray is gonna play. 

Damn shame...

5 minutes ago, KrazyMuchacho said:

You gotta love that he plays regardless of what injuries he has/had, but it gets a bit frustrating when you have both Murray and Henry... 

yup its frustrating owning both .. wondering what are other DeMarco/Henry owners are planning to do this week?