NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

Ffguy0087

Way too much bad vibes in here in recent weeks. So much overreaction. His numbers weren't even that terrible before today. Of course they were low RB2 numbers. But Titans had a rough schedule early on, almost all good run defenses. They weren't in sync like last season and then lost Mariota to injury. Now their schedule softens a, especially down the stretch. Mariota is healthy rushing around, OL looked stronger. Wouldn't bet against Murray to repeat his 2016 performance and sneak into RB1 territory. Obviously 3 TDs won't happen again, but he is a good bet to score weekly from now on.

Btw Henry takes forever to build up speed. Watching him on some runs really caused pain. At some point early this season I thought Henry is explosive lol

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

Can't complain about 3 TD's, but I can't believe this two-headed backfield is still so inefficient in terms of yardage.  25 rushing attempts for 94 yards between Murray and Henry.  That's not good.  I'm fine with not considering Henry for my flex, but I hate the way Murray makes me cringe by threatening a floor game every week.

Murray got the TDs today but he looked sluggish on most his runs.

I dont see how you could feel confident starting him as more than a flex going forward

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I dont see how you could feel confident starting him as more than a flex going forward

Um, any RB who gets that many goal line opportunities in one game is worth more than flex consideration, even if his legs are trapped in cement blocks.

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

Um, any RB who gets that many goal line opportunities in one game is worth more than flex consideration, even if his legs are trapped in cement blocks.

He is not a lock to get those goaline touches every week. He didnt last week, thats what makes him a flex and a volatile weekly play

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans offense is just starting to gel. They have the pieces and have done it before. Mariota finally healthy. Bengals are a really tough matchup, stout defense on most days. Schedule softens up after Steelers TNF. Murray is a RB2 at worst, no matter how you turn it. If their blocking reaches near 2016 level again, he could sneak into RB1 territory.

4 hours ago, frog34 said:

Titans offense is just starting to gel. They have the pieces and have done it before. Mariota finally healthy. Bengals are a really tough matchup, stout defense on most days. Schedule softens up after Steelers TNF. Murray is a RB2 at worst, no matter how you turn it. If their blocking reaches near 2016 level again, he could sneak into RB1 territory.

Yes sir, good luck.

4 hours ago, HamMach1 said:

People will start Murray this week, but it'll be a Henry's game. Why? Because fantasy football

I'm taking a hard line. Murray is locked into my lineup ROS. I play Henry if Murray is OUT or I play both of them.  No second guessing week-to-week.

We have to take a stand!

Edited by mitchellcole

DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry: I’m not buying the whole “Murray is rejuvenated after the bye” thing. He looked like the same running back he’s been since Week 10 of last season, but he just happened to get the goal-line work and scored three touchdowns. I mean, after all, Mike Gillislee did that in a game this year. He still averaged 3.0 yards per carry in that games and shared the workload with Henry (14 to 11 carries). The Steelers have been extremely hit-or-miss this year against the run and have been good lately, but they’ve also played against Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Joe Mixon, and the struggling Kareem Hunt in the last four weeks. Earlier in the season they allowed 100-yard games to both Jordan Howard and Leonard Fournette, but those are high-volume downhill running backs, not necessarily Murray’s style and workload. This will come down to him scoring and hitting value or him winding up with maybe 60-70 total yards. The Steelers haven’t allowed a rushing touchdown since back in Week 5, but Murray can be played as an RB2 because he’s the receiver out of the backfield, something they’ll need if they fall behind. Henry is kind of like a Tevin Coleman type, but without the receiving numbers. Because of that, he’s just a touchdown-dependent flex.

18 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry: I’m not buying the whole “Murray is rejuvenated after the bye” thing. He looked like the same running back he’s been since Week 10 of last season, but he just happened to get the goal-line work and scored three touchdowns. I mean, after all, Mike Gillislee did that in a game this year. He still averaged 3.0 yards per carry in that games and shared the workload with Henry (14 to 11 carries). The Steelers have been extremely hit-or-miss this year against the run and have been good lately, but they’ve also played against Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Joe Mixon, and the struggling Kareem Hunt in the last four weeks. Earlier in the season they allowed 100-yard games to both Jordan Howard and Leonard Fournette, but those are high-volume downhill running backs, not necessarily Murray’s style and workload. This will come down to him scoring and hitting value or him winding up with maybe 60-70 total yards. The Steelers haven’t allowed a rushing touchdown since back in Week 5, but Murray can be played as an RB2 because he’s the receiver out of the backfield, something they’ll need if they fall behind. Henry is kind of like a Tevin Coleman type, but without the receiving numbers. Because of that, he’s just a touchdown-dependent flex.

Ive spouted that all season.

1 hour ago, nosh0t said:

While Bell goes for <60 yards and no TD and Juju loses his bike.

Why not? Stranger things have happened. Titans could open the scoring with a Murray TD and Steelers chase all game, airing it out. Bell will get his yards but not on the ground. JuJu's bike though, this I don't know... :lol:

Anyway, Murray is a solid RB2 play this week. Don't overthink it.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:37 AM, mitchellcole said:

I'm taking a hard line. Murray is locked into my lineup ROS. I play Henry if Murray is OUT or I play both of them.  No second guessing week-to-week.

We have to take a stand!

I took that stand weeks ago when I realized Mularkey will play Murray if he was running down the field with an IV stuck in his arm and a cast on his leg. I've accepted it and everything that comes with it.