NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's really not that good anymore, and there's honestly not much of a reason for the Titans to play him more than Henry, but I guess as a new owner (got him as an add in from a frustrated owner in a trade 2 weeks ago), he's not useless, especially in ppr leagues. 

This guy needs to collect his pension check and try his luck in Arizona or something. He is case in point in proving the age-old adage that thirty year old running backs (or close to it) just absolutely fall of the cliff after all that wear and tear.

Edited by J Boogie

What in hell happened to their dominant OL from last year? Same lineup as 2016 yet still no push upfront? Especially their tackles look weak, I think Conklin and Lewan. Thought this were their key cogs lol how quickly things change...

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

What in hell happened to their dominant OL from last year? Same lineup as 2016 yet still no push upfront? Especially their tackles look weak, I think Conklin and Lewan. Thought this were their key cogs lol how quickly things change...

That is exactly what I have been wondering all season. Yahoo wrote an article a few weeks ago breaking down the Xs and Os demonstrating that the Titans are running a high school offense. Maybe that's part of it? 

Either way, been hearing all season about Tennessee's great O Line while their RBs continue to get stuffed for 2 ypc. Sick of it

13 hours ago, nosh0t said:

Murray will be top 10 RB RoS don't worry.

g

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

That is exactly what I have been wondering all season. Yahoo wrote an article a few weeks ago breaking down the Xs and Os demonstrating that the Titans are running a high school offense. Maybe that's part of it? 

Either way, been hearing all season about Tennessee's great O Line while their RBs continue to get stuffed for 2 ypc. Sick of it

Henry is at 4.5 per carry

Unless injuries/poor play by others force my hand, DeMarco will not see the starting line-up ROS on my squad. Zero trust.

He did not look good...at all; seems to have transformed into a plodder who lacks vision (the sky-cam gave us some great views of this in action), and the poor offensive play calling + O-line deficiencies didn't help matters much.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
24 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Unless injuries/poor play by others force my hand, DeMarco will not see the starting line-up ROS on my squad. Zero trust.

He did not look good...at all; seems to have transformed into a plodder who lacks vision (the sky-cam gave us some great views of this in action), and the poor offensive play calling + O-line deficiencies didn't help matters much.

Standard format???

Just embarrassing to watch him continue to get out played by Henry, and continue to be rolled out there despite how ineffective he is.  It's like watching the boss's son get a promotion over you despite how incompetent he is.  This team sucks and Murray's the second main reason why after the coaches.

5 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Anyone see his blown blitz pick-up where he was lost in the backfield looking around for someone to block..... yikes. He was on the bench next play and Henry was in.  Unfortunately the damage had already been done.

Murray's normally pretty damn good in pass pro, his one redeeming quality.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Just embarrassing to watch him continue to get out played by Henry, and continue to be rolled out there despite how ineffective he is.  It's like watching the boss's son get a promotion over you despite how incompetent he is.  This team sucks and Murray's the second main reason why after the coaches.

Don't want to come here to defend Murray or anything like that, but he for sure is NOT the second main reason this team sucks. Just watch all of Mariota's attempts, or just the game highlights. With a QB who misses open receivers and turns the ball over through the air, opponents are able to stack the box. We can discuss Murray vs Henry all day long, but as long Mariota is off, the boxes will be stacked vs the run. Just hoping their soft schedule ROS gets Mariota back on track, which will put them in more scoring positions and open up running lanes.

35 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Standard format???

PPR   *team in signature. 

DeMarco has scored 10pts or less in 7 out of 11 games this season in PPR...I'm done.

I have viable RB options to play over this underachiever, and I can go with an additional WR if warranted...Go Flash Gordon (I can play 1-3 RBs and 2-4 WRs w/ 1 mandatory TE)

Hoping the TN brass can shake this out over the next week or so...would love to see what Henry's fresh legs can do with full time duty for the FFBall playoffs (albeit, some fine tuning is needed in other areas of the Tenn offense as well).

Edited by FollowTheLeader
17 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Don't want to come here to defend Murray or anything like that, but he for sure is NOT the second main reason this team sucks. Just watch all of Mariota's attempts, or just the game highlights. 

Fair point.  I would counter that Marioh-ta would be better if the playcalling put him in a better position.  I'd also argue that Murray's very presence is keeping Tennessee's most talented weapon on the sideline, which hurts them.  But you're right Marioh-ta is definitely not playing well.

Edited by Lord_Varys

We all know what Mularky is another word for.  This offense lacks any originality, any clever play calling, and any effort to be tailored towards the best players.

1) Give Henry 20+ carries per game.

2) Don't be afraid to run the ball out of a goal line formation anywhere on the field.  Make them stack the box, make the defense annoyed trying to tackle Henry.

3) Let Mariota roll out.  Start faking QB keepers when you do it.

4) When in doubt, put up a 50/50 to Corey Davis deep if he's in man coverage.

5) Use Walker for outlets.

6) Let Murray sit on the bench until he's healthy, assess if he's capable of a YPC that starts with a four instead of a two or three then.

And get some good formations!  Lots of motion, split into four wide from a pro set, get the matchup you want in the slot, etc.

43 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Murray's normally pretty damn good in pass pro, his one redeeming quality.

So he's starting to slip in what he used to be pretty good at?  I watched the game last night and Murray didn't look very good.

18 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

So he's starting to slip in what he used to be pretty good at?  I watched the game last night and Murray didn't look very good.

I'm saying the same thing as you.  He is old and slow.  I'm just saying I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one missed assignment.  I don't think he's slipping, just made one mistake.  It's worth pointing out he's generally reliable there.