NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

Vultured a TD at the end from Henry and caught a couple passes on the last drive of the game to save his day, but that was horrendous. Late into the 4th quarter he had 9 carries for -3 yards.  Can't play him again. Even week 15 vs SF---I doubt I'd trust him. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, just take this guy out back.... I say this as a guy accidentally heavily invested in the TEN offense. PA is not going to work if they keep feeding a guy who gets less than 1 yard/carry. The whole offense would get a shot in the arm and open up if they start giving Henry the touches off the bat.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

He doesn't look healthy at all. But the Titans are comfortable continuing to trot him out there and start him over Henry. At least they are winning I guess.

Mularkey too dumb to realize winning a game over Indy does not mean what you are doing is working.

If you are not honing your skills to compete with the steelers and patriots of the world then you might as well hang it up.

Tennessee will be a 1st round bounce out of the playoffs amd an easy 1 at that if they continue the trend they are on.

Looked like he was running in cement last week. Not sure what the Titans are still seeing (besides being a better blocker and maybe pass catcher), but that's not my problem. How does everyone feel about him this week? Houston is pretty stout against running backs usually, but Baltimore ran pretty well on them Monday night. May be forced to flex him and hope for some catches and a short touchdown. 

4 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Looked like he was running in cement last week. Not sure what the Titans are still seeing (besides being a better blocker and maybe pass catcher), but that's not my problem. How does everyone feel about him this week? Houston is pretty stout against running backs usually, but Baltimore ran pretty well on them Monday night. May be forced to flex him and hope for some catches and a short touchdown. 

I feel like he will have 70% chance of sucking.

3 minutes ago, ak427 said:

I seriously consodering M Goodwin or whatever other dart throw WR I can find on the WW over Murray. The ONLY hesitation I have is there is absolutely nothing on the WW. I will dig deep and find something though. No way am I starting Murray unless I'm forced to.

25 minutes ago, ak427 said:

I feel like 70% is too low tbh.

Its pretty accurate tbh.

Last 2 games:  20 Carries for 19 Yards

Season w/ 1/2 PPR:  4 Games with 10+ Pts out of 11 Games =  64% Failure

He got a forecast bump in failure % for facing Houston's run defense this week.  

Plus I have seen him run.  If there is any kind of a hole he......

1.  Stops inside of it

2.  Stutters around left to right in disbelief

3.  Falls face forward 

21 minutes ago, Wavier JunKie said:

Its pretty accurate tbh.

Last 2 games:  20 Carries for 19 Yards

Season w/ 1/2 PPR:  4 Games with 10+ Pts out of 11 Games =  64% Failure

He got a forecast bump in failure % for facing Houston's run defense this week.  

Plus I have seen him run.  If there is any kind of a hole he......

1.  Stops inside of it

2.  Stutters around left to right in disbelief

3.  Falls face forward 

Must be their best option, its not like they have anyone else to put out there.

Coaches see them in practice, they know Murray is their best RB.

Starters touches, start with confidence.

4 hours ago, Aussie Digger said:

It's tough because in weeks 15 and 16, championship time, they face the 2 worst rushing defenses in the league this year, SF and the Rams. You almost feel like the coaching staff are keeping Henry fresh to unleash him then and through the playoffs.

Mularkish translation: Feed DeMarco Murray!

7 hours ago, FFMike888 said:

For the year, he's got the 17th most points:  http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaders?slotCategoryId=2

And Kareem Hunt has the 4th!  Crazy!

I am not playing him this weekend though..next time he sees my lineup will be Week 15 @ 49ers.  I am playing Burkhead over him and Hunt as my Flex this weekend.

Murray sure has his haters but they are forgetting one thing

for the year Murray has scored more fantasy points than McKinnon, Mixon, Freeman Abudullah Crowell CJ Lynch Ajayi Ty AP NE RB's this year. That is a nice group and Murray is better than all those guys