Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Murray sure has his haters but they are forgetting one thing

for the year Murray has scored more fantasy points than McKinnon, Mixon, Freeman Abudullah Crowell CJ Lynch Ajayi Ty AP NE RB's this year. That is a nice group and Murray is better than all those guys

 

That isn't really a nice group at all. Murray has scored half of his points in three games this year. The other 8, he was pretty much a pile of poo. Of qualified rushers (an average of 6.25 attempts per game), Murray is in the bottom ten in Yards/Carry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

 

That isn't really a nice group at all. Murray has scored half of his points in three games this year. The other 8, he was pretty much a pile of poo. Of qualified rushers (an average of 6.25 attempts per game), Murray is in the bottom ten in Yards/Carry. 

I agree that list is full of bust RBs .... but all in all Murray still is top dog in fantasy points.

What does yards/carry have anything to do with fantasy? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shakestreet said:

I agree that list is full of bust RBs .... but all in all Murray still is top dog in fantasy points.

What does yards/carry have anything to do with fantasy? 

 

It means that even with 10+ carries and 3 catches per game, Murray can still only get you like 10 points in PPR. It also means that he's just a bad IRL football player based on straight statistics. There are very few instances where you want a bad football player on your fantasy team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Murray this year reminds me of his season in Philly. But Henry is running behind the same line well enough. Murray looks like he is injured again. He didn't look healthy in Philly either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I wish the Titans' o-line can create some holes, at least. Murray also doesn't look slick this year, but there's so many times where I've seen him go down behind the LOS. 

 

He could bust it outside and outrun everyone to the sidelines like other RBs on the Titans do.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1D AGO by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Titans' DeMarco Murray: No designation for Week 13

DeMarco Murray (illness) was a full participant in Friday's practice and doesn't carry an injury designation heading into Sunday's game against the Texans.The illness limited Murray's participation in Thursday's session, but the running back assuaged any concerns about his health by logging every rep Friday. More worrisome than Murray's health has been his diminished effectiveness as a runner since the Tennessee Titans' Week 8 bye, with the veteran managing just 80 yards on 43 carries (1.8 average) over the last four games. Despite Murray's poor efficiency, head coach Mike Mularkey indicated that the Titans will continue to lean on their "two starters" approach to the backfield like they have throughout the season, with Derrick Henry not expected to eat further into Murray's role just yet, according to Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com. Murray's aptitude as a receiver and pass blocker should be enough to keep him on the field fairly regularly even if his carries should fall over the final quarter of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bo Hackson said:

1D AGO by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Titans' DeMarco Murray: No designation for Week 13

DeMarco Murray (illness) was a full participant in Friday's practice and doesn't carry an injury designation heading into Sunday's game against the Texans.The illness limited Murray's participation in Thursday's session, but the running back assuaged any concerns about his health by logging every rep Friday. More worrisome than Murray's health has been his diminished effectiveness as a runner since the Tennessee Titans' Week 8 bye, with the veteran managing just 80 yards on 43 carries (1.8 average) over the last four games. Despite Murray's poor efficiency, head coach Mike Mularkey indicated that the Titans will continue to lean on their "two starters" approach to the backfield like they have throughout the season, with Derrick Henry not expected to eat further into Murray's role just yet, according to Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com. Murray's aptitude as a receiver and pass blocker should be enough to keep him on the field fairly regularly even if his carries should fall over the final quarter of the season.

 (1.8 average) over the last four games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardballer Mularkey for sure won't change what lead them to 8 wins. Cupcake schedule down the stretch. Especially many weak run defenses, unlike last year when it got really tough at the end. Murray will be a high RB2 for the fantasy playoffs. Nothing Derrick Henry lovers can do about that. Btw Henry is a decent flex himself down the stretch.

Edited by frog34
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frog34 said:

Hardballer Mularkey for sure won't change what lead them to 8 wins. Cupcake schedule down the stretch, especially weak run defenses, unlike last year were it got really tough at the end. Murray will be a high RB2 for the fantasy playoffs. Nothing Derrick Henry lover can do about that. Btw Henry is a decent flex himself down the stretch.

 

12 for 9 yards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...