NBC Sports Edge Forums

DeMarco Murray 2017 Season Outlook

If Murray drops to pick 19 (I know, not happening) I will take him with no hesitation. Him being 29, slowing down last year, the hammy, great back-up...all the red flags are legit. But he's the clear lead back in what I expect to be a very good offense. He'll be an rb1 every week he suits up. And, for those of you that draft on ESPN (like myself) Henry is ranked 124. If I drafted Murray I wouldn't be waiting into the 100s for Henry, but you should be able to wait until round 8 to snag him. 

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

If Murray drops to pick 19 (I know, not happening) I will take him with no hesitation. Him being 29, slowing down last year, the hammy, great back-up...all the red flags are legit. But he's the clear lead back in what I expect to be a very good offense. He'll be an rb1 every week he suits up. And, for those of you that draft on ESPN (like myself) Henry is ranked 124. If I drafted Murray I wouldn't be waiting into the 100s for Henry, but you should be able to wait until round 8 to snag him. 

what happens if he looks 100% and gets some great touches and passes the eye test preseason week 3? would that change your opinion at all?

Edited by colepenhagen
Just now, colepenhagen said:

what happens if he looks 100% and gets some great touches and passes the eye test preseason week 3? would that change your opinion at all?

Well first off, my opinion of him is that he's awesome. So, injured or not, talent wise I love what he can bring. I think him and Henry are a fantastic 1-2 punch. Drafting wise, a hammy on a 29 year old is something that can pretty easily nag him all year. Situation wise, Murray has it pretty darn good. The Titans will move the ball, score, and there's enough weapons for Murray to see lighter fronts. If I had a crystal ball that said Murray would play in at least 15 games and average over 16.5 carries per game, I would view him as a top 8 pick tbh. I think he can hit both marks, but the age and early injury represent a risk. I'm def drafting DJ, Bell, Freeman, McCoy, and Gordon over him. There's also 6 wr's I take over him (AB Julio AJG Jordy Evans Beckham) Then it's a toss up with Ajayi (who has his own concerns), and probably Thomas. That said, I always try to leave rounds 1 & 2 with one rb, one wr, so if I do have pick 10-12 and Murray is the best rb left, I'm taking him on the wrap around. 

I just like to read this forum typically but had to crate an account just to respond to what I'm reading here. 

thats how ridiculous it is. 

lets to forget about fantasy, which I might add is the world some of you are living in, and let's talk football- the actual game. not speculation. not hype. not hope. nuts and bolts. the stuff that moves chains and wins games. 

NFL coaches are a funny, if not very practical bunch- if it isn't broke you don't fix it. 

an NFL coach is not going to take the ball out of the hands of a guy who just ran for almost 1300 yards last year and over 1800 in '14 to give it to their back up back, regardless of talent, dormant or otherwise.

this would never happen. in a million years. if anything they give him the ball MORE. or scheme in such a way that you do not impact the touches your lead back is getting, or to increase them, as you see w the Browns lining up duke jr in the slot. 

historically, now great players have not been used in favour of players who are getting the job done. it just does not happen. take bledsoe/ brady in NE. favre/ rogers in GB. most recently ajayi until forte went down. 

in the NFL if you have a player who is performing you leave him alone. if he's elite you don't cut his workload you beat him like a rented mule. look at johnson - he'll prolly see 350 touches this year. 

this isn't a time share. this isn't an RB committee. this is a one man show till the wheels fall off and you best get that thru your heads real quick. 

there is not one single reason to think that Demarco won't eclipse last years numbers given how defenses are going to have to play the middle thin against the run to cover wide this year. 

feel free to play hunches and speculate. drafts are full of losers who play hunches and speculate. I'll put my money on a stud back backed with hard data who's going to get the job done w a coaching staff that'll see nothing but upside in giving him more work.

Edited by bigfatandugly
4 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

I just like to read this forum typically but had to crate an account just to respond to what I'm reading here. 

lets to forget about fantasy, which I might add is the world some of you are living in, and let's talk football- the actual game. not speculation. not hype. not hope. nuts and bolts. the stuff that moves chains and wins games. 

NFL coaches are a funny, if not very practical bunch- if it isn't broke you don't fix it. 

an NFL coach is not going to take the ball out of the hands of a guy who just ran for almost 1300 yards last year and over 1800 in '14 to give it to their back up back, regardless of talent, dormant or otherwise.

this would never happen. in a million years. if anything they give him the ball MORE. or scheme in such a way that you do not impact the touches your lead back is getting, or to increase them, as you see w the Browns lining up duke jr in the slot. 

historically, now great players have not been used in favour of players who are getting the job done. it just does not happen. take bledsoe/ brady in NE. favre/ rogers in GB. most recently ajayi until forte went down. 

in the NFL if you have a player who is performing you leave him alone. if he's elite you don't cut his workload you beat him like a rented mule. look at johnson - he'll prolly see 350 touches this year. 

this isn't a time share. this isn't an RB committee. this is a one man show till the wheels fall off and you best get that thru your heads real quick. 

there is not one single reason to think that Demarco won't eclipse last years numbers given how defenses are going to have to play the middle thin against the run to cover wide this year. 

feel free to play hunches and speculate. drafts are full of losers who play hunches and speculate. I'll put my money on a stud back backed with hard data who's going to get the job done w a coaching staff that'll see nothing but upside in giving him more work.

TOM+CRUISE.gif

2 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

I just like to read this forum typically but had to crate an account just to respond to what I'm resting here. 

historically, now great players have not been used in favour of players who are getting the job done. it just does not happen. 

take bledsoe/ brady in NE. favre/ rogers in GB. most recently ajayi until forte went down. 

there is not one single reason to think that Demarco won't eclipse last years numbers given how defenses are going to have to play the middle against the run thin to cover wide this year. 

Excellent first post.......said Mr. Opposite.

13 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

el oh el

On 9/1/2017 at 9:43 PM, FinsUp24 said:

I was all aboard the Murray train until that hamstring injury. Even the most confident Murray believer has to waiver when a 29 year old RB has a hammy injury a few weeks before the season

And meanwhile McCoy is getting drafted in the top 5...

• jbshaw locked this topic
  • jbshaw unlocked this topic

Very concerning to me indeed. It seems like the Titans were favoring the pass alot in this game. Lots of 3WR sets. Didn't do that much last year. Maybe with Mariotta having a year under his belt they feel more comfortable airing it out more.

Henry got more touches than I thought he would, but he didn't really impress either.