NBC Sports Edge Forums

Latavius Murray 2017 Season Outlook

40 minutes ago, vmo1059 said:

That's a simple way to put it. He has value. Calling him trash is just a poor take. He's a starting RB who will get volume and goal line work. I don't think he has league winning upside, but he is absolutely useful.

10 team league - waiver wire fodder

12 team league - barely a flex, unless you're desperate

14 team league - could be of some use

DFS - hope and a prayer

JMHO

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

10 team league - waiver wire fodder

12 team league - barely a flex, unless you're desperate

14 team league - could be of some use

DFS - hope and a prayer

JMHO

what a great observation.

ROFLMAAAAOOOO

Just now, throwinsamoan said:

I'm sorry to hear you have to resort to the likes of Latavius Murray. Good luck with that, really man. 

no need to be sorry. I'm sorry you can't pick him up... and resorting to self -consoling this way :(

No starting RB in a 10 team league is waiver wire fodder. To say Murray shouldn't be owned in any sized league with his current situation is laughable.

Edited by !!!

I think he is highly TD and gameflow dependent.  Expecting 10-15 touches, near even timeshare with McKinnon, failing the eye test, and more uncertainty for next week.  Hope I'm wrong and good luck to those starting him.

3 minutes ago, C10 said:

I think he is highly TD and gameflow dependent.  Expecting 10-15 touches, near even timeshare with McKinnon, failing the eye test, and more uncertainty for next week.  Hope I'm wrong and good luck to those starting him.

GL back. That's his biggest upside for me.

Minnesota has really good offensive weapons in Diggs and Rudolph, an elite defense and Bradford is a decent QB most weeks when healthy. Any serviceable starting RB with enough touches can provide fantasy points in this offense. If Murray is 100% healthy I think he's a 6-10 point back each week with potential for TD's. That's a flex start for me. My FF team isn't all that and neither is my home team, so I don't ask for much.

I think he will get the GL work for sure.

I do think you will see some Jerrick McKinnon in there tonight maybe 65-35 split Murray/McKinnon.

I think Murray will get 15 touches and if he scores a TD he will have something like 12 or 13 points. His floor is low at about 3 points.

Will be interesting to see his usage but he already said he is not 100% so I think they will use him more as he gets healthier.

This guy won me some weeks in my flex last year towards the end of the year and as a Vikings fan, I'm expecting him to take over pretty much the same role as Cook, albeit less effective. JM might get a few more snaps but I don't think the difference will be huge. 

For those saying he did nothing last year behind one of the best lines....well no one in OAK did better than him last year and no one is making people forget about him this year. 

The one caveat is if there is more to the ankle story than we know. 

4 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Not that it was a concern for touches but Ridley was released today so that means Lat is in good enough health they feel comfortable with him.

i think it says more about McKinnon getting healthy - Ridley was prolly bought on as emergency warm body if JMc couldn't go. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
On 10/5/2017 at 10:22 AM, AirForceOne said:

I think it's more realistic that Murray gets 8-10 carries, Ridley gets another 5-7 and McKinnon getting a handful. 

I'd be surprised if any of these guys are reliable for consistent fantasy output. 

Well this guy won't get to gloat tomorrow...

Bradford is playing tonight and with his health in question, they rely on the running game. I think both Murray and Jerrick will get some volume. Bears defense missing some key components and with a rookie QB starting they may be on the field a long time. 55 rushing yards, 3 receptions for 17-20 yards and a high possibility of a touchdown for Murray. If he has this type of game tonight, I'm excited about ROS. Obviously, I've been wrong before.

We'll shall see.....