NBC Sports Edge Forums

Latavius Murray 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Sat him two weeks in a row and it actually bit me this week starting Morris over him. He'll be locked in as my RB2 going forward. This offense is rolling and it looks like he's playing a big role in their success. 

With the exception of that one long run to begin the 3rd Quarter, LMurray didn't look so good, and his TD was the result of solid O-line play. To me, Alfred Morris was running waaay better, getting 4+ yards almost every time, but for some insane reason the Cowboys didn't use him at the goal line. I reckon LMurray's touches and his solid offense will make him the better play than Morris, not his talent.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the more interesting threads. Every week it's "Murray puts up solid numbers, but he sucks." I think he's just not the flashy, "sexy" fantasy back that most people expect to have as a starter. His running style may be unimpressive, but he gets the job done more consistently than most when given the opportunity.

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

This is one of the more interesting threads. Every week it's "Murray puts up solid numbers, but he sucks." I think he's just not the flashy, "sexy" fantasy back that most people expect to have as a starter. His running style may be unimpressive, but he gets the job done more consistently than most when given the opportunity.

He's unimpressive talent-wise but he has the situation. Similar to Blount past year as someone alluded to. 

He will get redzone touches on a good offense with a top 3 defense able to keep games close. I will likely be starting him every week going forward. Benched him this week for Dion.

as an owner of both Vikes RBs, who has yet to start Murray over Jet (including yesterday), i can confidently say that my McKinnon experiment is over, forthwith. 

yeah, it's ppr, but, eff that - TDs are six freakin' points, no matter how ya slice it. 

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as an owner of both Vikes RBs, who has yet to start Murray over Jet (including yesterday), i can confidently say that my McKinnon experiment is over, forthwith. 

yeah, it's ppr, but, eff that - TDs are six freakin' points, no matter how ya slice it. 

Yea, same... although I did start Murray this week. You just gave McKinnon a little longer of a leash.

Again 

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This is exactly it. He's now averaging about 4.5 ypc last 5 games. He's converting goal line opportunities. He's not fumbling. I mean he's been reliable. I started this guy confidently this week and I will continue to do so. He's a legit rb2 with potential rb1 upside. Off waivers for free I'll take it.

Edited by StevenSC400

Murray is still a great option. He has become the GL back in Minny and his YPC has been great of late. The volume and TD potential is there. He is an rock solid RB2 with upside if he scores.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Murray is still a great option. He has become the GL back in Minny and his YPC has been great of late. The volume and TD potential is there. He is an rock solid RB2 with upside if he scores.

That #1 waiver we all burned weeks ago is actually paying off. McKinnon owners are now the ones panicking.

and what were the odds of both Lat and McKinnon staying 100% healthy through this stretch, effectively cannabalizing each other in the process ...

speaking of which, i am here as a Cook owner :( could you imagine the damage he would've done had he not gone down?  look at the combined Lat/Jet #s, then add about 10% ('cause Cook is that much better) ... we talkin' Bell/Kamara/Gurley tier, if not overall #1. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

and what were the odds of both Lat and McKinnon staying 100% healthy through this stretch, effectively cannabalizing each other in the process ...

speaking of which, i am here as a Cook owner :( could you imagine the damage he would've done had he not gone down?  look at the combined Lat/Jet #s, then add about 10% ('cause Cook is that much better) ... we talkin' Bell/Kamara/Gurley tier.  

They have been both healthy since the bye and Murray has dominated and taken over the backfield. They both get a volume of touches, but Murray also gets the most important ones at the GL. He was only vultured last week because he needed a breather after a long run got them inside the 5.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

They have been both healthy since the bye and Murray has dominated and taken over the backfield. They both get a volume of touches, but Murray also gets the most important ones at the GL. He was only vultured last week because he needed a breather after a long run got them inside the 5.

point taken, but, if Jet went down?  now we are in mid range  RB1 territory w/Lat ... and that was my point. 

40 minutes ago, thecaptain said:

starting this week because I have to. decent volume + a TD dart throw should be good enough for me. 

Same. Not crazy about the matchup, but as someone that drafted both DJ and Zeke I don't have many options left. Even if his ypc stinks this week, hopefully he gets GL carries and can still score. 

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Hasn't that been the narrative going into the last 3 or 4 games?

IDK. Has it?

The last 3 or 4 games were against teams that give up the 2nd-, 4th-, 6th-, and 11th-most points to RBs.

The last time the Vikings faced a defense that is (or was at the time) strong vs RBs was when they played the Browns. That game, McKinnon had >20 points on 20 touches, Murray had <5 pts on 20 touches.

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

IDK. Has it?

It has been. I know this as an owner of McKinnon/L. Murray myself and had to deal with the frustration of starting McKinnon and watching Murray do better prior to this past week. I'm not starting either this week.