NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is everyone benching him? I picked him Lafell but man I would much rather bench AB and play JG

I wouldnt make a decision until the 4pm games so if u need his points then you execute your backup strategy.

Some replacements on the wire that play on Monday night are:

Lafell

Gio

Kroft

Eli Rogers

Jesse James

Both teams have decent defenses so all those players have tough matchups. Looks like we're pretty much screwed unless you guys have better options in today's games. 

Edited by Elcapitan
5 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

Currently in 1st place and thankfully I already have the #2 spot and a bye locked up regardless if I win or lose, so I will be benching AB and rolling out Robby Anderson instead. I figure it will send a message to the league If I beat the #3 team without AB as well. Truly hoping AB plays because we all need him to be out there come fantasy playoff time and I just hope this is truly a "minor" toe injury. Has anyone heard anything if this could be a turf toe injury?

This is a good question although normally if someone is this close to playing on any given week, it's almost a certainty that they will play the following week regardless. However, like you said, I would definitely like to know the severity of the injury to see if there is any chance of him missing multiple weeks.

Edited by nonstopfan
56 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is everyone benching him? I picked him Lafell but man I would much rather bench AB and play JG

Have 1st place and bye locked up...I have Brown in my lineup but depending on 1 pm scores, I may bench him for Kupp who is playing in a 4 pm game. I would advocate paying attention to how your team and your opponent is doing from the 1 pm games, to decide on possibly putting a 4 pm (or Sunday Night Football) option in your lineup, versus a potentially-weaker Monday Night Football player.

I have the option to grab Martavis from WW, but I would prefer Kupp to Martavis overall. This is a time of year where I don't want to waive a potentially-valuable bench player that I might use in the playoffs, for a Brown replacement this week. 

Edited by Corleone

I do not envy people that are in a must win situation here. CSB: luckily I have a 150/200 point buffer between me and playoff elimination so I went with a safe play and put Kupp in, and I intend to bench Brown. I agree that the risk here is very high that he sits. If I were Pittsburgh, I think I would conclude that the risk of aggravating Brown's injury and losing him multiple weeks does outweigh the risk of losing to the Bengals with JuJu and Bryant as 1 and 2. Also throw in the multiple DNPs it lends credit to the potential severity of the issue. If you think you have a single chance of making playoffs with Brown on the bench with a decent replacement on your bench I think you have to sit him. What a week to be questionable...

Edited by Bluecore

I benched him. LaFell is on the wire, but I'd rather play a better option today than LaFell or a hobbled Brown on Monday. Granted, my opponent had the Skins defense put up -2 on Thursday, so I'm leaning on the safe play.

I wouldn't argue with anyone going with the Brown/LaFell option though. Unfortunately Bryant isn't available in my league so that would obviously be the ideal option.

2 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I can't vouch for the source, but I very much get the sense that they're being cautious and that this is an injury that can be played through. He traveled with the team to Cincy, so I'd say they expect him to play. The team probably won't know until he goes out in warmups and attempts to cut on it. All in all, I'm optimistic.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

I have no inside knowledge, but I've never heard of a mild toe injury.  It seems like they always take forever to heal.  There probably is no point in him sitting out this game or even a few games.  Either gut it out or go on IR.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:27 PM, tpat30 said:

Anyone see the picture of his toe? I dunno if it's weird lighting or the angle, but that thing looks swollen and weird.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/antonio-brown-posts-picture-injured-toe-instagram/

ok i work out somewhat regularly nothing extreme just to maintain and tone but seriously how the heck do you have veins popping out in every single area of your legs? what is he zero fat?

That's insane.

Me too. Down by 6 with no contingency plan. Have my playoff roster set and couldn't afford to pick up a WR and drop an RB. Was gonna plug in Gordon, but decided to wait on Brown. Gordon would've got the win.

Latest news says that there is optimism that Brown will play tonight, but I'm guessing no one knows squat right now.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

ok i work out somewhat regularly nothing extreme just to maintain and tone but seriously how the heck do you have veins popping out in every single area of your legs? what is he zero fat?

That's insane.

Thats kind of normal....But AB is close to zero % BF