NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mikeyvegas said:

In my league he got 43 points 2 weeks in a row, so 50 was not impossible. 

Gotta look at the match-up.

This was Away Ben in bad weather conditions vs a decent Cinci secondary (although Jones did get injured in the 1Q). The two 40 point games from Brown where at home vs terrible secondaries. There was no way Brown was getting 3 TD's and 150+ yards on Monday. Away games are Bell games and it showed, as he put up his second best performance of the season. (3 of his top 4 performances have been away games).

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

giphy.gif

His game had no effect on me. Just pointing out facts. When the facts come out, those who's feelings get hurt by those facts make sad attempts to deflect. Usually insults because they can't make/don't have an argument. Congrats! 

Edited by this guy right here
13 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Dude never gets called for pushing off and he does it often. He's great, don't get me wrong, but he gets a lot of help. 

He's reeeeally good at disguising it.  It's always lower and less obvious than most WRs... you typically don't see it until the slow motion replay.  It's definitely a skill he's developed.  I think the fact that he's not a big guy like Julio or a lot of the other elite WRs helps him get away with it more. Hopkins is good at it too.

That being said, even without that, he's without a doubt still the best in the game.  He's always been fun to watch, but this is my first year owning him, and damn is it awesome.

28 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Very curious to see who Belicheck decides to gameplan into oblivion next week.  Is it Antonio or Leveon?  My gut tells me Leveon because he touches the ball upwards of 30 times per game.

He can do both.

Double AB and overcrowd the LoS (or at least keep a spy).

14 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

So....rules only apply to certain players. Makes sense. Opinion> fact. Congrats America! We accept this.

Yeah, that's just the way it is. That's why Jordan never got called for offensive foul, neither does Lebron, and the Legion of Boom constantly pushed the boundaries of pass interference on every play.

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah, that's just the way it is. That's why Jordan never got called for offensive foul, neither does Lebron, and the Legion of Boom constantly pushed the boundaries of pass interference on every play.

Just a microcosm of the way the world works these days. The majority of people just accept discrepancies in equality allowing the ones who make the rules to take full advantage. "That's just the way it is." should be "Let's correct this error." 

Sad.

3 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Just a microcosm of the way the world works these days. The majority of people just accept discrepancies in equality allowing the ones who make the rules to take full advantage. "That's just the way it is." should be "Let's correct this error." 

Sad.

It's hardly a new theme in sports. 

Also are we implying that Antonio Brown is someone who makes the rules? In the sports context he's a player not a rule-maker or administrator and from a sociological perspective he was a young man growing up in Miami-Dade County - hardly one who had every advantage in life. 

Antonio is undoubtedly one of the 5 greatest WR's of all time.  He is so far ahead of every other WR in the league right now that they should make special rules against Antonio to make it even against everyone else.  They should make him play with one hand tied to his belt loop or something, so that way they could limit him to 80 catch 1,000 yard seasons instead of 120 catch 1,800 yard seasons. 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

He can do both.

Double AB and overcrowd the LoS (or at least keep a spy).

I'm going up against him this week. I couldn't be luckier that he's going up against Belichick... Bill will not stop him, but should be able to limit his explosiveness. If AB only gets 20 points, I will consider it a success.