NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antonio currently has a line of 99-1,509 with 3 games to go.  All time single season records are 144 catches by Marvin Harrison in 2002 and 1,964 receiving yards by Calvin Johnson in 2012.  45 catches in 3 games is probably a stretch, but I think he has a decent shot at the yardage record.  He needs 455 more yards which averages out to 151 yards per game.  His last 4 games he has averaged 157 ypg.  Big Ben is on fire right now and their remaining schedule is home vs Patriots, on road vs Houston, and at home vs Cleveland.  None of these teams are anything special against the pass. 

3 minutes ago, ElBigDog said:

Not worried at all. Brown and Bell will both eat! The team knows Brown is in MVP talks and I'm sure Ben will set up Brown nicely! 11rec 184yds 2 TD

On 12/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, jgolec said:

I'm going up against a team starting him, Gordon, Baldwin, Adams and the Jags defense... may the fantasy gods have mercy on my soul.

Don't give up.  Last week I started Brown, Gordon and Adams and got destroyed.

32 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

My game I’ve got brown he’s got Bell. I feel our whole matchup rides on which one blows up. Can’t wait to watch this one

Same, and I feel as though my opponent has the advantage with Bell, especially now that the Patriot’s best run stuffer has been ruled out.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:44 AM, jgolec said:

I'm going up against a team starting him, Gordon, Baldwin, Adams and the Jags defense... may the fantasy gods have mercy on my soul.

Brown and Gordon about to outscore your entire team.

Yea you need that game 3 come playoff time. Chances are Brown has been your best player so you need the big game from him. New England has also had better defenses in the past. For Brown to have a rough game, I would have to have Bell or Kamara have a bad game, and I don't know if I see that happening. New England has been gashed by the run.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:44 AM, jgolec said:

It's the semifinals, everyone has a good team. Baldwin or Gordon (if you mean Josh) might not make my starting lineup this week.

Brown is on another level though. Not having to play against him all season is almost as great a feeling as owning him.

Almost.

20 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Anyone else getting more nervous by the hour about Bill gameplanning him out?

If history is any indication, Bill will focus on stopping Bell first. He doesn't care about allowing catches as long as they aren't chunk plays. He'd be fine with AB posting a 13/100/0 line while shutting Bell down.