NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

34 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Anyone else getting more nervous by the hour about Bill gameplanning him out?

Nope. If it happens, it happens. It's not like you are considering taking him out of your lineup.....right? lol. From a strategic perspective, as an owner, the best thing that you can do is make sure that you get your best players in the lineup and let your players take care of the rest. If you were concerned about this week 15 matchup, you should have traded him earlier. At this point, you are all in. Ride or die to the end. No regrets....until Monday of course :)

For the record though, it's a little easier taking Brown out of the game than Bell, because of Bell's versatility in the short passing game. Bell could still scorch you for 10 receptions 100 yards through the air.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Patsgofor6 said:

15 PPR points for AB?  You’re joking, right?

So that’s 7/80/0.   Yeah, you’d be alone in being content with that.  That should be his floor, IMO.

Sarcasm. All the AB concern is hilare 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has a "partially torn calf muscle."

According to Schefter, Brown is unlikely to play in Week 16, but he is expected back for the postseason. The news obviously does not help owners hoping to use Brown in the fantasy Super Bowl, but it is great news for the Steelers considering how serious the injury looked on the field. With Brown sidelined, both Martavis Bryant and JuJu Smith-Schuster will be worth using against the Texans on Christmas Day.
Dec 17 - 7:47 PM

First year owning AB in the four years I've been playing FF. 

It sucks that he got hurt and pretty much cost me/many others a W in our league semifinals, but I'll definitely be looking to draft him again next season if Ben is still in town. His performances the last 4 weeks single handedly won myself and many others their weeks. 

8 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

For the second straight year, a single digit PPR dud in the fantasy semifinals (week 15), ending many seasons. 

Glad he'll be able to play in the real-life playoffs.

What makes you think he will be able to do so?

Bad luck hit Antonio today (and thus those of us with him on our teams, got bit bad). But I don't consider his result a dud in the slightest...a second quarter injury is what did him in, not poor performance. 

Thank you for an amazing 2017 season, AB
6_4210482.jpg

4 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

First year owning AB in the four years I've been playing FF. 

It sucks that he got hurt and pretty much cost me/many others a W in our league semifinals, but I'll definitely be looking to draft him again next season if Ben is still in town. His performances the last 4 weeks single handedly won myself and many others their weeks. 

Yep, even with all the solid RB play, I'm thinking I'll go Brown in the 1st round again if he's available and Ben is still in town.

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What makes you think he will be able to do so?

Reports say he should be ready for the playoffs. As long as they keep a bye, he'll have a month to heal a partial tear.

6 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

His regular season is over, they will try to get him ready for the playoffs 

While I agree this is probably correct.  I have not seen or heard anything definitive about his status next week.  All I have seen is that he is unlikely to play next week.  Unlikely doesn't mean he definitely is out, it means there is still at least a small chance he can play.  I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything different.