NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

Hawkeye21

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware of Rappoport in this situation.  I half expect Rap Sheet to confidently state that Brown is a "go" for Monday night, which will be pure speculation based on nothing.  Ian burned me to the tune of a lost matchup earlier this year by confidently reporting that Sterling Shepard would play.  I benched the alternative, Shepard was then declared inactive 3 hours later, and I lost because of it.

Tried to edit my other post and ended up here. Whatever. 

image2.jpg

I did pick up Martavis (luckily) in one league of morons, and will be able to decide on Monday on either player. The one scenario we should all fear is the classic Calvin Johnson decoy play of "starting" then never seeing a target. Please, please no. 

Edited by bendover

58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Beware of Rappoport in this situation.  I half expect Rap Sheet to confidently state that Brown is a "go" for Monday night, which will be pure speculation based on nothing.  Ian burned me to the tune of a lost matchup earlier this year by confidently reporting that Sterling Shepard would play.  I benched the alternative, Shepard was then declared inactive 3 hours later, and I lost because of it.

I seen you post about this before. Why don’t you just check the official active/inactive players before the game? Why rely on some dude on Twitter? 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Toe injuries are extremely nagging and limiting especially in WRs so remember that. Every cut is a pain. Definitely an ugly situation. If it wasn't really bothering him they wouldn't sit him. 

AB is a wr that relies on his footwork to create space, he is not the fastest or strongest WR in the game but you could easily argue his footwork  and quickness are the best in the game

16 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I seen you post about this before. Why don’t you just check the official active/inactive players before the game? Why rely on some dude on Twitter? 

Because my weaker alternative played at 1:00 p.m., and New York played at 4:25 p.m.

Also, Ian Rappoport is not some dude on twitter.  He gets paid big bucks to be an official reporter for the NFL Network.  So just saying this is just the type of thing he may jump in on.  Caveat Emptor.

I'm playing against Brown. You can imagine I'm doing everything possible to limit my opponents backup options. 

Also, some owners who don't live and breathe fantasy...may not move Brown into a flex spot. 

Assuming MB and Juju are taken, I'm targeting Eli, Lafell, and Boyd. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

I'm playing against Brown. You can imagine I'm doing everything possible to limit my opponents backup options. 

Also, some owners who don't live and breathe fantasy...may not move Brown into a flex spot. 

Assuming MB and Juju are taken, I'm targeting Eli, Lafell, and Boyd. 

Good luck.  I would just play someone on Sunday and skip that headache because A. It's on the road, and the Steelers always score less on the road, and B. The Steelers will just feed Bell and Shuster all night.