NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Antonio Brown 2017 Season Outlook

Hawkeye21

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nah85 said:

Looks like the foot of a white person from my phone....

Huh?  

The big toe is blurry.  Doesn't look red but does look a little swollen and is he missing part of the nail?

Hard to see it.

The Steelers need him badly and are going to do everything in their power to get him to play. They have to keep up with the patriots for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I know there's some history with these teams/players. Anyone think they'd actually fake or exaggerate this to "trick" Cincy in some way? And then unleash AB with a vengeance?

Or is that a big stretch, and he truly is hurt and needs the rest? I'd imagine with a cranky toe they'd be cautious and rest him in a game they might be able to win without him. They probably don't want to risk aggravating it and risk dealing with it ROS and post-season.

Man, I can't imagine the kind of  stresses that toe is subjected to. Kind of looks like a bunion, some type of calcification, or possibly a severe sprain, but I have no medical background. Hopefully it's just an issue of pain tolerance, in which case I'd be optimistic that he'll be out there, but as others have said, a toe injury is a real concern for a superstar whose footwork is what defines his game. Definitely about the worst time of year for it to happen, too, but at least it's a situation where you've just got to play him anyway if he's out there and hope for the best. AB is not human,, so if anyone can play through this at a high level, he'd be the guy. Just gotta keep the faith at this point in the season.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

Missing practice is quite significant for a pro like AB.  He has a work ethic second to none, as Jerry Rice did during his playing career.  Not only does Brown always practice, he's well known for doing extra running, catching extra passes, running extra routes before and after practice.

If this was a Sunday morning game, it would be so much easier to decide.  I believe the danger of Brown being inactive, or, if active, employed as a decoy, is too great this week.  

Do the Steelers really want to send a gimpy Antonio Brown over the middle so Burfict can get another free shot or two at him?

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

They probably don't want to risk aggravating it and risk dealing with it ROS and post-season.

home games vs Ravens/Pats weeks 14/15 - those are the games that will define the Stillers season going forward - they will need all hands healthy and on deck, AB needs to get back to normal - tough call on using him vs the Bangles vs risking longer term ineffectiveness.

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

AB has missed practice so his toe will be ready to share his latest TD celebration with the nation. He ain't missing the big stage that is MNF. 

It certainly could happen.  I agree with you that Antonio Brown will WANT to play.  Whether the Steelers let him...

Bryant  is available in some leagues, so I picked him up and will insert him if Brown is not playing. Brown is worth finding someone on the Bengals or Steelers to stash to start, in case he is ruled out. Another dark horse pickup could be Justin Hunter (if Bryant is owned). You need to give yourself every option of starting the best fantasy football player in a crucial week like this.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

With Antonio, there really isn't much to discuss...

...yet his appreciation and tribute gospels should be so much more than 100+ pages of fruitless discussion whether Martavis will catch a long TD bomb, which hasn't happened once this season.

4 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Well to be fair, when a player is as productive and consistent as AB is, there isn't a whole lot to discuss.  

He's the perfect fantasy player, rarely hurt, always produces, never any controversy about starting or sitting. Really not much to discuss. So glad I bypassed Bell to take him this year.