NBC Sports Edge Forums

Charlie Blackmon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2017 at 8:17 PM, Red Sox Nation said:

Two bombs, and I mean bombs (both probably 415+ ft). He's spent 8 straight games on the road - 3 homers, 13 rbi. Not a product of Coors. 

I'd re look at his home/road splits if I were you.   9-24 .392/.432/.843  vs.  4-22 .272/.300/.430      1.276 OPS vs. .730.     Geez

Edited by rich22
8 hours ago, rich22 said:

I'd re look at his home/road splits if I were you.   9-24 .392/.432/.843  vs.  4-22 .272/.300/.430      1.276 OPS vs. .730.     Geez

I'd dig deeper if I was you. He started the year 3-24 on the road. Since then he's hitting .311 with 6 doubles, 4 homers and 20 rbi in 20 games. Slugged .511 during that span. He also just spend a 10 day road trip slashing .370/.375/.609 (lol at the walk rate) with 2 doubles, 3 homers, and 15 rbi. Anddd he had a full season .926 road OPS last year. So again, not a product of Coors. He'll hit better at Coors, but he's a flat out great hitter home or away. 

12 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

I'd dig deeper if I was you. He started the year 3-24 on the road. Since then he's hitting .311 with 6 doubles, 4 homers and 20 rbi in 20 games. Slugged .511 during that span. He also just spend a 10 day road trip slashing .370/.375/.609 (lol at the walk rate) with 2 doubles, 3 homers, and 15 rbi. Anddd he had a full season .926 road OPS last year. So again, not a product of Coors. He'll hit better at Coors, but he's a flat out great hitter home or away. 

Those early AB's count, BTW.   Of course he is a product of Coors, it's not a bad thing.   He is a good player, without Coors, he is ELITE if you include Coors.     In no way, shape or form, is he a GREAT hitter away.  Again, that is not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Last year was his only good road year.  Take what you got, just don't say he isn't a product of Coors.  Like that's a bad thing

Edited by rich22
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 10:53 PM, rich22 said:

Those early AB's count, BTW.   Of course he is a product of Coors, it's not a bad thing.   He is a good player, without Coors, he is ELITE if you include Coors.     In no way, shape or form, is he a GREAT hitter away.  Again, that is not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Last year was his only good road year.  Take what you got, just don't say he isn't a product of Coors.  Like that's a bad thing

With his current hot streak, he's now hitting over .295, slugging over .479 on the road. Over his past 18 road games he's hitting .372 with 5 homers and 20 rbi.

Not. A. Product. Of. Coors. Just an MVP level hitter at Coors, very very good hitter on the road. 

15 minutes ago, Red Sox Nation said:

With his current hot streak, he's now hitting over .295, slugging over .479 on the road. Over his past 18 road games he's hitting .372 with 5 homers and 20 rbi.

Not. A. Product. Of. Coors. Just an MVP level hitter at Coors, very very good hitter on the road. 

I agree that the past year and 2 months he has been very good on the road.  We can agree on that.   I love Blackmon.   People take someone saying that anyone is "a product of Coors" as being a bad thing.  Larry Walker, for example.   He was a very good player with the Expos, came to Colorado and became a superstar.  That's like Blackmon.   He is a very good player, but Coors lifts him to the elite level.

On 6/11/2017 at 5:06 AM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

4 games at Coors against awful Giants starters this upcoming week

can't wait to see this stat line

believe me believe me

Giant Sp are ok, their hitting is awful