NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually halfway through the season both Freeman and Coleman are exactly on pace for their 2016 rushing attempts, rushing yards, catches and catching yards. Also not too far off their TD total, despite pundits talking otherwise. Just look their stats up. It's really easy to compare since 8 of 16 games have been played this season.

Issue is that they are trending downwards. Freeman's first 4 games were actually better than his 2016 pace, but recent 4 games have been below his average. Maybe they get their act together. In the end I think he will finish in low RB1 territory. Not what most of us hoped for, but it could be so much worse.

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

Actually halfway through the season both Freeman and Coleman are exactly on pace for their 2016 rushing attempts, rushing yards, catches and catching yards. Also not too far off their TD total, despite pundits talking otherwise. Just look their stats up. It's really easy to compare since 8 of 16 games have been played this season.

Issue is that they are trending downwards. Freeman's first 4 games were actually better than his 2016 pace, but recent 4 games have been below his average. Maybe they get their act together. In the end I think he will finish in low RB1 territory. Not what most of us hoped for, but it could be so much worse.

Freeman is well below his catches and receiving yards pace.

5 hours ago, frog34 said:

Actually halfway through the season both Freeman and Coleman are exactly on pace for their 2016 rushing attempts, rushing yards, catches and catching yards.

Coleman played only 13 games in 2016, but if you extrapolate, then yes. Especially Freeman is more or less spot on; there's some minor variations, but the trend is clear, and it doesn't seem they actually changed much if you look at the big picture. See rushing yards below; I have to say that receiving yards is a bit down for both, especially Coleman. Still, good points and thanks for giving the bigger picture.

image.png.03c7fa4b6b63263308ee189361e12cb7.png

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Dude looked pretty banged up to me at the end of the game.

I re-watched the game.  He took a hard hit on the sidelines with 2:15 left in the 4th.  Came up doubled over as if he had the wind knocked out of him but by the time he took a few steps he was already upright and making hand gestures at someone (kind of like Zeke's feed me/give me some more).  Was back in after the 2 minute warning 15 sec later and played out the final series.  

CAR is a tough match-up for RBs.  I'm tired of making excuses for Freeman, but he still passes the eye test w/ lateral explosiveness and ability to make tacklers miss.  I think it's just a matter of time and really hope he gets rolling soon.

Freeman still looks good when given his chances but Sarkesian and the falcons play calling is pathetic and that’s what I’m worried about. Not worried about his eye test. Point is that his fantasy performance in standard has been barely Flex worthy for 4 weeks. 

Devonta Freeman (knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Freeman suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game. The limited practice suggests he doesn't have structural damage, but any knee issue is a concern. Freeman has also been playing through a shoulder stinger. There should be more on his status when the Falcons return to practice Thursday.
Source: ESPN
Nov 8 - 5:14 PM