NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is done for the year.  Had one in preaseason and some are saying he had one last week as well and wasn't even suppose to play this week.  Now this week.  This guy is heading into Jahvid Best terrority.  Jordan Reed's were at least spread out over the years.  Freeman has now had like 6 in the last 18 months.

10 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I think he is done for the year.  Had one in preaseason and some are saying he had one last week as well and wasn't even suppose to play this week.  Now this week.  This guy is heading into Jahvid Best terrority.  Jordan Reed's were at least spread out over the years.  Freeman has now had like 6 in the last 18 months.

Some fuzzy math going on here

3 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

So he's more or less out for sure on Monday, yes?  Because of his history??

Who knows but I would say it is looking very likely an extended period of time at least.  Do you seem to suggest that history plays no part in this in today's NFL?

2 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Who knows but I would say it is looking very likely an extended period of time at least.  Do you seem to suggest that history plays no part in this in today's NFL?

I was agreeing with you, I think my ???? was cause I'm still bitter and pissed about this whole situation.

Fantasy aside I'm glad the ref came in and pulled him out.  You could see him stumbling around after he got up walking all funny back into the huddle area.  Didn't look like too bad a hit but he was clearly rocked by it.  Goes to show that concussions add up.

And yes i probably lost my week because of that .3 but I don't want to watch someone ruin the rest of their life out there either. 

Edited by Kyle87
4 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

The Hitchens hit didn’t knock Freeman out. He was concussed in our game last week and should’ve been taken out. Scary site but praying he’s good though.

— Thomas Davis (@ThomasDavisSDTM) November 12, 2017

This one might stick for a while.

Well, he definitely went limp after the hit.   Unfortunately, I don’t see his career going much longer.  I love having him on my rosters but the man has a life to live. 

Devonta Freeman Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Oct 30, 2016 NFL Inguinal Hip Strain Freeman had a very minor hip strain in his game against the Packers and was unaffected by it.
Nov 22, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Freeman took a brutal hit against the Colts when Clayton Geathers dropped his helmet on a tackle in the first half. He was immediately ruled out and missed the following game.
Aug 6, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Freeman suffered a pulled hamstring at the beginning of the preseason causing him to miss the preseason.

Dude said he had 6 concussions in 18 months? LOL

I definitely think he will miss AT LEAST 1 game

Edited by affliction
4 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dude said he had 6 concussions in 18 months? LOL

I definitely think he will miss AT LEAST 1 game

He already admitted he was wrong. No need to pile on. 

We've seen tons of guys take huge hits and not miss a game. I think people need to stop panicking. Maybe he misses a game but no reason why he will miss more than that.