NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the part where he says he's ready to play, should just be a matter of time, hope the few weeks off gave his legs time to rest.

Devonta Freeman remains in the concussion protocol.

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure reports Freeman "feels ready to play," but the team is going to let the process play out. (Not that they have a choice.) This is Freeman's second concussion in the past four months. Tevin Coleman handled 21 touches against the Seahawks with Freeman out.

Source: ESPN.com

Really just want him full-go in the semis W15 vs TB.  If he goes this weekend he's probably on a snap count & would be hard to trust.  W13 they get MIN and I wouldn't start any RB vs MIN not named Bell or Gurley.

Edited by ragrag
16 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Really just want him full-go in the semis W15 vs TB.  If he goes this weekend he's probably on a snap count & would be hard to trust.  W13 they get MIN and I wouldn't start any RB vs MIN not named Bell or Gurley.

Concussion is an all-or-nothing type clearance, either he's playing close to full snaps or not at all. For what it's worth though I agree, I'd rather just have him full-bore in times for the playoffs.

Edited by mverkruyse
50 minutes ago, atrium said:

Such a bust this year.... need him for a playoff push and he's nowhere to be found.

I remember looking at his stats the past few years, wishing I could have this dude on my team.  Welp, he "slipped" to me at 12, and my wish came true.  Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Tugginroot
1 hour ago, atrium said:

Such a bust this year.... need him for a playoff push and he's nowhere to be found.

28 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I remember looking at his stats the past few years, wishing I could have this dude on my team.  Welp, he "slipped" to me at 12, and my wish came true.  Be careful what you wish for.

yep traded bell for jordy and freeman this year... work well first 3 weeks ha

now trying to pawn freeman off for landry or thielan to playoff team

is there any chance he plays this week?

Edited by colepenhagen

This is the same Dr. Chao who just analyzes things from his own experience as a Dr. He has no inside team info. He also said David Johnson would be back by Thanksgiving. 

I think the Falcons are treating Freeman with kid gloves, as they should. He's progressing but no sure thing he plays, and they will probably hold him out an extra week.

Edited by USWAY
4 minutes ago, USWAY said:

This is the same Dr. Chao who just analyzes things from his own experience as a Dr. He has no inside team info. He also said David Johnson would be back by Thanksgiving. 

I think the Falcons are treating Freeman with kid gloves, as they should. He's progressing but no sure thing he plays, and they will probably hold him out an extra week.

He’s in Stage 4 of the concussion protocol according to ESPN, which consists of 5 stages. Stage 5 is full participation. It’s likely he plays Sunday if there were no setbacks from practice today. I think he goes. 

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/02/here_is_the_nfls_concussion_pr.html 

Edited by ree10

RB Devonta Freeman stood and watched as the Falcons began full-team drills with Tevin Coleman up first and Terron Ward behind -- another indication that Freeman's not yet ready to go while in concussion protocol. Still wearing black jersey and not cleared for contact yet. Freeman missed last week's game at Seattle.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fmcclure_vaughn.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropVaughn McClure, ESPN Staff Writer

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Thanks for the updates

gametime decision it’s looking like.   They can be cleared all the way until Saturday evening I believe.    I’m playing him if he’s active- no question 

That's pretty optimistic.  To go from mainly watching practice on Thurs and Friday to playing in Sunday would be very surprising.  Seems more doubtful than questionable.

Edited by Patsgofor6