NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Dr. Chao....wrong again.  People really need to stop referencing him in this forum.  He basically got banished from the league for poor outcomes with accusations of malpractice and is trying to do anything to stay relevant. 

Accusations which were eventually disproven. He is still a practicing orthopaedic surgeon.

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2016/02/08/david-chao-twitter-injury-expert/amp/

Still right 95% of the time in his video analysis of injuries (documented on Twitter). Personally, I have found that invaluable for my high-stakes league teams. 

Don't badmouth people's professional reputations unless you put links to support it. Not cool at all. 

Edited by joshua18
14 minutes ago, atrium said:

This guy’s been a huge bust this year. I needed him this week and him being out is probably gonna cost me a playoff spot. I drafted him thinking he was one of the safest first rounders 

No such thing as a safe RB with 1st round ADP. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Accusations which were eventually disproven. He is still a practicing orthopaedic surgeon.

https://www.google.com/amp/thebiglead.com/2016/02/08/david-chao-twitter-injury-expert/amp/

Still right 95% of the time in his video analysis of injuries (documented on Twitter). Personally, I have found that invaluable for my high-stakes league teams. 

Don't badmouth people's professional reputations unless you put links to support it. Not cool at all. 

Thank you for your input, Dr. Chao.  Good luck in the fantasy playoffs. 

95%.  Lol.

His prior issues are well documented.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/19/chargers-doctor-chao-hospitals-barred-surgery/2439715/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/04/30/chargers-doctor-david-chao-accused-gros-engligence-treatment-junior-seau/83777186/

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Chargers-Team-Doctor-Reprimanded--151469155.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/11/nfl-san-diego-chargers-david-chao/1911653/

There are many more, if you feel like doing your own research.  

Now you post links of the articles detailing how most of the accusations have been disproven.  I'll wait.

HE'S BACK!!!!

Tough matchup but I dont think you can sit him at this point, he's locked in my flex baby. His legs should be nice and fresh.

Coach Dan Quinn said Devonta Freeman has cleared the concussion protocol and will practice Wednesday.

Freeman has missed the past two games after suffering his second concussion of the calendar year. He returned to a limited practice last week but appears on track to get back to game action Week 13 against the Vikings. With Freeman back in the fold, he'll be an RB1/2, while Tevin Coleman is a tier lower.

Source: ESPN.com

Edited by esoomer
19 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

leaving him on my bench.  Starting Perine and D Lewis over him this week.

Same here, starting Perine over Freeman this week.  Perine should be able to produce vs the Cowboys, even more so if Sean Lee is out, which seems to be the case.  

We can all hope that this 2 week break has allowed Freeman to freshen up his legs and heal any nagging injuries just in time for the playoff run.  

Yeah definitely not feeling confident starting Freeman this week. Bad matchup and questionable workload. Not loving the fact that the Falcons offensive resurgence began when Freeman went down. The CS may feel like Coleman is a better fit? At the very least I'm sure Coleman earned more work

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yeah definitely not feeling confident starting Freeman this week. Bad matchup and questionable workload. Not loving the fact that the Falcons offensive resurgence began when Freeman went down. The CS may feel like Coleman is a better fit? At the very least I'm sure Coleman earned more work

i dont think they would have resigned him if they thought colman was a better fit 

Disappointing news as Coleman has been the better back this year by far. He did enough to win the job imo.

And again - I own both, so there can't anyone more objective about it than me.

Edited by SuperJoint

Here we go (Rich Hribar - RW):

Bust: Matt Ryan (he’s strictly been a floor play as he hasn’t been a top-10 scorer since Week 1 while the Vikings rank ninth in passing points allowed per game), Austin Hooper (he has just 13 percent of the team targets since Sanu returned from injury with three or fewer receptions in four of those six games),  Tevin Coleman / Devonta Freeman (the matchup is tough and with Freeman returning, he's on the board as just a lower-end RB2 as he was averaging just 74.4 yards from scrimmage over his five games before injury and just 13.5 touches per game in his four full games since the bye while Coleman falls back into flex territory as he had more than 10 touches in just three of eight games played with Freeman on field)

What the heck are we walking into here? 

I am trying to forecast the production triangle for this game. Pedigree, opportunity, and gamescript. He is a great back and this game could have lots of scoring. He may be looking at a reduced role this week. Would he get goaline work? Vikings are #1 vs the run. 

This game reeks of "in hindsight I should have benched him". 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

What the heck are we walking into here? 

I am trying to forecast the production triangle for this game. Pedigree, opportunity, and gamescript. He is a great back and this game could have lots of scoring. He may be looking at a reduced role this week. Would he get goaline work? Vikings are #1 vs the run. 

This game reeks of "in hindsight I should have benched him". 

And for the people that do, in hindsight, "why did I bench my first round pick in the most important week of the season".

I’m honestly thinking of benching him and Coleman and playing Cook v. NYG instead.  He hasn’t done a tremendous amount outside of some early games, and he’s against a great run defense.  I agree with the above observation of “This game reeks of ‘in hindsight I should have benched him.’ “