NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonta Freeman 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Good matchup on tap for Freeman this Monday.  The Bucs give up the 7th most FPts to the RB position already and might be without DT Gerald McCoy who reportedly tore his bicep last week.

I sure hope so.  He looked good last weekend and ran hard.  Nearly broke a couple extra long ones.  A big opportunity this week coming up - hopefully he hits pay dirt at least once - maybe twice for good measure.

I traded for this guy weeks ago.  Gave up Alex Collins and Will Fuller for him.  Thought I was selling high and buying low.  Certainly sold high on Fuller, but Collins has been amazing.  This was strictly a move I made for the playoffs though, so if Freeman can light it up these next 2 weeks I will consider the trade a success.  Since he's been back from the concussion and had time to rest a little his legs look fresh and overall he looks explosive.  Looking forward to big things from him this week. 

7 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I traded for this guy weeks ago.  Gave up Alex Collins and Will Fuller for him.  Thought I was selling high and buying low.  Certainly sold high on Fuller, but Collins has been amazing.  This was strictly a move I made for the playoffs though, so if Freeman can light it up these next 2 weeks I will consider the trade a success.  Since he's been back from the concussion and had time to rest a little his legs look fresh and overall he looks explosive.  Looking forward to big things from him this week. 

I'm in the same boat. Made a trade for this guy and was kind of regretting it at first - especially when he got injured. But I liked his potential and his schedule down the stretch. So far so good. He looked great last week and hopefully he keeps it rolling.  Plays NO next week in their dome which might be a bit tougher. Their D has been playing well this year.  Maybe more run game from Freeman and less Matty Ice throwing INTs.

When I was making my rankings for the draft this preseason, these 3 games (NO, TB, NO) is a huge reason why I had him rated high. The past couple years he has gone nutty against these teams. He has held a high floor, to go along with a high ceiling. I would expect nothing less from him in a primetime game against a defense who has been getting gashed this year, and that was before they lost a pro bowl DT this past week. I feel he is a top 5 RB this week.

Man I know it hasn't really shown in his stats but this guy has looked electric since he's returned from concussion. I feel like he is going to erupt on Monday night. It's been an up and down season, but Freeman can certainly deliver on his ADP if he shows up down the stretch here. Nice matchups and he is fresh. 

5 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

If we can get Freeman, without Coleman, without Gerald McCoy, against the hapless Bucs ... ooooooweeeee.

Don't like that it's MNF though, which gives Coleman an extra day. 

and it's turning into a too-good-to-be-true spot and those always seem to go off the rails, for me at least. (e.g. Julio and Sanu combine for 4 TD and Matty Ice sneaks one in and Free finishes w/ ~75 yds and nothing else).

Edited by ragrag
13 minutes ago, ragrag said:

and it's turning into a too-good-to-be-true spot and those always seem to go off the rails, for me at least.

I wouldn't overthink it.  Coleman feasted on TB when he had the backfield to himself just a couple weeks ago.  They still run a lot.  Freeman gets a big boost if Coleman is out.  Can be the difference between 70 + 1 and 120 + 2.

OLB Lavonte David DNP 2 days consecutive as well.  Still have Sat practice and he could always suit up last minute, but if he sits along with McCoy then they'll have very little with which to stop the run.

Also helps that TB got 2 of their OL back so maybe their offense can keep it close. 

23 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

I wouldn't overthink it.  Coleman feasted on TB when he had the backfield to himself just a couple weeks ago.  They still run a lot.  Freeman gets a big boost if Coleman is out.  Can be the difference between 70 + 1 and 120 + 2.

coleman out

48 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Non playoff team roster dumped...my first round opp picked up freeman higher waiver priority.... lord help me...

Uhh... why didn't your commissioner put the players back on that roster? That isn't fair.

1 hour ago, dschddny said:

Gerald McCoy is now officially out for Tampa too, Freeman is going to GO OFF!!!!

Lavonte David went from questionable to being ruled out too. Woah. 

Edited by ragrag
3 hours ago, hard1 said:

Yeah I know...I seemed to be the only that said anything...

I would raise hell. That's completely unacceptable. If it's low or no money, whatever, but even if there was one large pizza up for grabs I'd be flipping over proverbial tables.