NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

or1EboL.png

These odds are from a few days ago, so they might have changed.

Dallas doesn't make much sense considering their cap situation. Unless AP decides to take a massive paycut he isn't going to Dallas to play the RBBC role with Zeke.

Patriots make a lot of sense if they are willing to pay AP at least 5mil for the season. Patriots are stingy though, so that is tough to see happening. Maybe they cut Blount and pick up AP. Raiders is an intriguing option.

How about the Broncos?

Edited by devaster
1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Who'd you rather have for one season...AP or Charles?

Depends on the price. 

Also depends on the need.   If I need a two down hammer AP.  A 3rd down pass catcher JC.

If I'm the Giants AP.  If I'm the Texans JC.

That's assuming JC can pass a physical.  I have more faith in AP's health at this point. 

I really feel Peterson can still be relevant if in a non first round pick kind of way. That line gave him zero room and the play calling was just plain bad, be nice to see AP land on a team that can give him a better chance to get going.. 

Edited by Savatage79
17 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Depends on the price. 

Also depends on the need.   If I need a two down hammer AP.  A 3rd down pass catcher JC.

That's assuming JC can pass a physical.  I have more faith in AP's health at this point. 

Lol...I see it the other way around.

10 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Will AP accept a role in an RBBC?

Yes, but only on a championship contender. He isn't going to teams in rebuild mode. I'd love to have him in Philly to help Wentz adjust for a few years, but that isn't happening. Although if a rebuild team overpays him I guess that could happen. He really wants a ring though. I'm still miffed about that year he had with Favre. That was the Vikings' year to win the championship and the Saints' bounties knocked Favre out of the game. Saints won that SB that year and then bounty gate next year.

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Depends on the price. 

I agree but once AP falls off, it is absolutely over. 
Ineffective two down pounders are a dime a dozen. 
Charles should age better as a passing down dynamo.
For this year, it is hard to say. Nobody knows what either guy has left in the tank but if AP's legs are shot, it's over. With Charles, even if he's ineffective he has a chance to salvage some value on passing downs.

3 minutes ago, CL3VELANDBR0WNS said:

I agree but once AP falls off, it is absolutely over. 
Ineffective two down pounders are a dime a dozen. 
Charles should age better as a passing down dynamo.
For this year, it is hard to say. Nobody knows what either guy has left in the tank but if AP's legs are shot, it's over. With Charles, even if he's ineffective he has a chance to salvage some value on passing downs.

Charles has a lot more injury wear on his body than AP. AP's work ethic is superhuman.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

Yes, but only on a championship contender. He isn't going to teams in rebuild mode. I'd love to have him in Philly to help Wentz adjust for a few years, but that isn't happening. Although if a rebuild team overpays him I guess that could happen. He really wants a ring though. I'm still miffed about that year he had with Favre. That was the Vikings' year to win the championship and the Saints' bounties knocked Favre out of the game. Saints won that SB that year and then bounty gate next year.

Personally I think, deep down, in his heart of hearts, he'd choose rushing for 1,600 yards on the Browns than 700 on the Patriots

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

AP is about to face some tough realities regarding his value. From all indications out of minnesota, he still believes he should be paid like the best, and be featured. 

IMO, he goes to the closest contender offering the most money. Vikings might offer the most by the end of it, but i really dont think he returns.

Giants, raiders, bucs would be a few of my guesses.

Kind of forgot how much more involved in passing game he was with favre.

Edited by vikingapocalypse
7 minutes ago, vikingapocalypse said:

AP is about to face some tough realities regarding his value. From all indications out of minnesota, he still believes he should be paid like the best, and be featured. 

IMO, he goes to the closest contender offering the most money. Vikings might offer the most by the end of it, but i really dont think he returns.

Giants, raiders, bucs would be a few of my guesses.

Kind of forgot how much more involved in passing game he was with favre.

AP behind that Oakland OL would definitely be interesting.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Lol...I see it the other way around.

With Vereen as a 3rd down back I see the Giants needing a guy that's effective on 1st and 2nd.

In Houston they could use a dynamic 3rd down pass catcher.

19 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Don't get the allure of a contender adding AP.

Would a contender really think a 32-year old RB coming off an injury puts them over the top?

That thinking is Ryan Grigson-esque

Colts would make sense lol.

I'm gonna guess he signs with the Packers just so he can stick it to Minnesota twice a year. Other places that make sense include Seattle, Oakland, NE, NYG, Washington, Carolina, Tampa. Also wouldn't rule out Cincy and Baltimore.

23 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Colts would make sense lol.

I'm gonna guess he signs with the Packers just so he can stick it to Minnesota twice a year. Other places that make sense include Seattle, Oakland, NE, NYG, Washington, Carolina, Tampa. Also wouldn't rule out Cincy and Baltimore.

Baltimore. I could see that. Or OAK

Edited by boltup15