NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

something tells me 6 carries for 18 yards against his old team on MNF wasn't what AP had in mind when he signed in the offseason.

and likewise, with an ADP at 5.12 that no doubt includes many leagues with Steve from Marketing, owners too are probably disappointed.

just one game, but looked stiff and without explosiveness. got outplayed by Kamara.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he goes Arian Foster and retires before seasons end.

Edited by iphone
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just a dinosaur. He can't catch or block or run out of shotgun/pistol. He has to be in a deep set in an I or 12 personnel.

Anybody who thinks he deserved more snaps tonight is a salty AP fanboy and/or owner.

Edited by Evincar
5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He's just a dinosaur. He can't catch or block or run out of shotgun/pistol. He has to be in a deep set in an I or 12 personnel.

Anybody who thinks he deserved more snaps tonight is a salty AP fanboy and/or owner.

Hate that I have to agree with this. He's never been successful running out of shotgun/pistol.

Such a stupid signing by the Saints anyway...I guess it was low risk, but it never made any sense.  I don't own AP, but it I still wish he was on a team more suited for him.  As someone else mentioned, a trade to the Cardinals for a late round pick would be interesting.

Some of you are strange...

AP was the most productive, and efficient, back on the team (on the ground) tonight.

Zero through the air though, although that was assumed from day 1.

Obviously that's not saying much, but let's not pretend that Ingram or Kamara out produced him (on the ground) because they didn't.

AP had the least carries of the 3 backs. (6)

AP had the most yards of the 3 backs. (18)

AP had the longest rush of the 3 backs. (9)

The Saints ran the ball 21 times tonight, for 60 yards, and 0 TDs.

Last year they averaged 23 carries, for 105 yards, and 1.5 TDs a week.

While I believe there will be better weeks ahead for the rushing game on the whole, the issue at hand is that this is currently a full blown 3 man committee, rather than what we had hoped was going to be at most a 2 man committee.

He's a hold for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For perspective...  In 12 team, PPR leagues, AP was a late 6th round pick.

Alternate 6th round RBs:

Danny Woodhead (Injured)

Rob Kelley (LOL)

Mike Gillislee (Probably better?)

Drafted the round after AP:

DMC (LOL)

T.Coleman (Handcuff)

D.Henry (Handcuff)

T.Riddick (26 yards, but prolly better?)

Drafted the round before AP:

B.Powell (LOL)

D.Martin (TBD)

CJA (TBD)

Ameer (41 yards, Likely better)

Mark Ingram (Same problem)

Even after tonight's disaster... his value is still right in line with the backs within the 3 round range outlined above.

Think of it this way... If AP was the clear cut handcuff to Ingram... would he have been drafted any lower, considering where guys like Coleman and Henry were going?  How would he not fit into that same exact tier of 'crazy upside handcuff'?  AP was drafted 3 and 8 spots away from these 2 obvious handcuff/committee guys.  Pretend you're drafting tomorrow, are you taking any of the RBs behind him in ADP, before him now?  Gore? Joe Williams? Blount? Sproles? Quizz? Lacy? Perkins? Duke? Burkhead?  Anyone getting the idea of how trash this years RB class is?  I don't know how much harder I can drive this point home, RBs suck.  Bell sucked, DJ's out, Zeke was assumed to be suspended, Freeman, Murray, Howard, Gurley, Crow, Miller, Lynch, Mixon ALL underperformed badly this week.  Either you got McCoy, Hunt, Fournette, or Cook... (and Zeke, but that's diff) or your RBs disappointed you this week.  Let's be real.

#Perspective

Saints starting RT had to leave the game in the 1st quarter. The Saints starting LT won't come back until week 6. The Saints starting C was just cleared to practice two weeks ago but was able to play tonight. The Saints best blocking WR is Willie Snead. 

Vikings have 5 probowlers on defense. At home on MNF. 

Yea they (Saints) should do AP and themselves a favor by trading AP. Let Ingram have the power runs and use Kamara like Sproles/Bush Too much controversy with AP in the mix since he won't be happy with less than 15 touches which is impossible with 2 other talented guys that deserve snaps. Most importantly it's hard for any one of the 3 to get a rhythm if they keep subbing for each other every snap or other snap. 

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Saints starting RT had to leave the game in the 1st quarter. The Saints starting LT won't come back until week 6. The Saints starting C was just cleared to practice two weeks ago but was able to play tonight. The Saints best blocking WR is Willie Snead. 

Vikings have 5 probowlers on defense. At home on MNF. 

What does this have to do with AP?

8 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Some of you are strange...

AP was the most productive, and efficient, back on the team (on the ground) tonight.

Zero through the air though, although that was assumed from day 1.

Obviously that's not saying much, but let's not pretend that Ingram or Kamara out produced him (on the ground) because they didn't.

AP had the least carries of the 3 backs. (6)

AP had the most yards of the 3 backs. (18)

AP had the longest rush of the 3 backs. (9)

The Saints ran the ball 21 times tonight, for 60 yards, and 0 TDs.

Last year they averaged 23 carries, for 105 yards, and 1.5 TDs a week.

While I believe there will be better weeks ahead for the rushing game on the whole, the issue at hand is that this is currently a full blown 3 man committee, rather than what we had hoped was going to be at most a 2 man committee.

He's a hold for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For perspective...  In 12 team, PPR leagues, AP was a late 6th round pick.

Alternate 6th round RBs:

Danny Woodhead (Injured)

Rob Kelley (LOL)

Mike Gillislee (Probably better?)

Drafted the round after AP:

DMC (LOL)

T.Coleman (Handcuff)

D.Henry (Handcuff)

T.Riddick (26 yards, but prolly better?)

Drafted the round before AP:

B.Powell (LOL)

D.Martin (TBD)

CJA (TBD)

Ameer (41 yards, Likely better)

Mark Ingram (Same problem)

Even after tonight's disaster... his value is still right in line with the backs within the 3 round range outlined above.

Think of it this way... If AP was the clear cut handcuff to Ingram... would he have been drafted any lower, considering where guys like Coleman and Henry were going?  How would he not fit into that same exact tier of 'crazy upside handcuff'?  AP was drafted 3 and 8 spots away from these 2 obvious handcuff/committee guys.  Pretend you're drafting tomorrow, are you taking any of the RBs behind him in ADP, before him now?  Gore? Joe Williams? Blount? Sproles? Quizz? Lacy? Perkins? Duke? Burkhead?  Anyone getting the idea of how trash this years RB class is?  I don't know how much harder I can drive this point home, RBs suck.  Bell sucked, DJ's out, Zeke was assumed to be suspended, Freeman, Murray, Howard, Gurley, Crow, Miller, Lynch, Mixon ALL underperformed badly this week.  Either you got McCoy, Hunt, Fournette, or Cook... (and Zeke, but that's diff) or your RBs disappointed you this week.  Let's be real.

#Perspective

Kind of hard to take any comparison of stats seriously when he only played 9 snaps...Ingram didn't have the same problem as AP, he was on the field 3x as much and caught 5 passes...you're reaching there.

Yeah he is a hold, but he is also pretty much un-startable.  You label Henry and Coleman as handcuffs, but the truth is that AP on a good day is going to get the same amount of action as they do.

Edited by Hero202