Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook


FlashGordon401
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TommyKramer said:

Maybe this could turn into another Randy Moss type situation. Moss was great with the Vikings, then went to the Raiders and not so good, then went to the Patriots and broke the TD reception single season record.  AP great with the Vikings, not so good with the Saints, Cardinals tbd.....

The Patriots had the best offense in NFL history. Arizona has a bottom 5 offensive line and runs the opposite of the scheme that Peterson succeeds in. Apples and rubix cubes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao someone on twitter just said this offense is like a retirement community. I tend to agree with that statement only real viable fantasy player right now on the Cardinals  is Fitz because his hands and route running are still gold. It's going to be very ugly watching him trying to run on this team as well.. DJ averaged 4.2 YPC because he is a beast with a good line he would've been over 5. Just don't see anyway AP is gonna be able to average over 3 YPC at this stage... Probably a good game for him will be 15 carries for 60 yards.

Edited by Knicks2689
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

 

Because I said I think he can be a RB2/flex? Geez. Okay then...

 

Welp. Here I am to eat crow. Since they cut CJ, I think the chance you are correct is more like 80% than 20%. However, I guess this means David Johnson's timeline is not looking good.

Edited by AJJones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, metalmat said:

 

Read the article, Teams Believe the Saints want to trade Peterson, it's speculation. Nobody has come out of the woodwork saying the Saints have actually contacted a team trying to trade Peterson. Could it happen? Of course it could but thats about all we know at this point.

what was that you say? lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AJJones said:

Probably, but at least with 20 carries a game he has a chance. anything less than that and he is not rosterable. 

 

Nah.  15 carries a game is rosterable regardless of how bad the player is. 

 

How do people STILL have such a high bar for running backs? 

 

 

Adrian Petersen?  Come on down. You're the next contestant on may be an  RB2 some weeks. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to put a decent bid in for him and hope for 60-80 yds a game with a chance for a score. If he gets 15 carries a game plus goal line I think that's attainable. 

 

If someone wants to go all in for him, they can have him and I won't lose any sleep over it.

 

I think those of you who are completely dismissing him are being a bit callous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Nah.  15 carries a game is rosterable regardless of how bad the player is. 

 

How do people STILL have such a high bar for running backs? 

 

The hyperbole is really watering down these boards. So many threads filled with people posting over & over "The guy sucks, don't pick him up, blah blah' just to hear themselves talk. McKinnon and AP threads are overrun today. If you think that great, post it once and go away. Even if that's the case there is still a discussion to be had if the guy is the starter and looking at volume. I've made use of so many mediocre RBs over the year simply because they stumbled into a starter role with volume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

The hyperbole is really watering down these boards. So many threads filled with people posting over & over "The guy sucks, don't pick him up, blah blah' just to hear themselves talk. McKinnon and AP threads are overrun today. If you think that great, post it once and go away. Even if that's the case there is still a discussion to be had if the guy is the starter and looking at volume. I've made use of so many mediocre RBs over the year simply because they stumbled into a starter role with volume.

 

This is exactly how I feel. Probably stated it multiple times today and this season.  Im looking at rb ranks for week 6 and probably after the 10th guy you're looking at guys who could absolutely be duds this week and any week.  

 

But so and so has burned me in the past!?!??!

 

Literally ever rb who isn't a rookie or isn't one of the very top guys has burned someone in the past. RB is brutal.  If I have guys like AP, Abdullah, Crowell, Mckinon , Lynch, Gore whoever getting me 15 touches a game, I'm happy to choose whichever I feel is hot or having a good matchup as my RB2 or flex.  If you're in a position where you have 2 stud running backs, you're probably weaker on reciever and Im sure you're in the minority of people playing in competitive leagues.  

 

Expectations for Rb2 needs to be severely tempered. 

 

I think going forward you're crazy if you draft RB2s in rounds 3-5.  Unless you think a guy is a top unquestioned RB on his team (or confident he soon will be)  who gets a lot of carries and is pretty good... then why waste a pick on them?  Everything else seems replaceable.  Almost every other NFL team that doesn't have an RB1 has at least 2-3 guys who can pop any week. 

 

Edited by brockpapersizer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Worst case scenario. AP is a huge body to protect Palmer. As a Fitzgerald owner, I’m thrilled about this trade. Not salivating over AP but I think he brings enough attention to make the D think. 

AP has no effect on Fitz not negative nor positive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

 

Injuries happen.  Example is Aaron Jones.  If TyMont had a serious injury, Aaron Jones is the type of player that could win you a Championship.

 

Yes I would rather take a stab on Marlon Mack IMO. Than 15 carries for 45-60 yards praying for a TD. Agree with you 100%

Edited by Knicks2689
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

This is exactly how I feel. Probably stated it multiple times today and this season.  Im looking at rb ranks for week 6 and probably after the 10th guy you're looking at guys who could absolutely be duds this week and any week.  

 

But so and so has burned me in the past!?!??!

 

Literally ever rb who isn't a rookie or isn't one of the very top guys has burned someone in the past. RB is brutal.  If I have guys like AP, Abdullah, Crowell, Mckinon , Lynch, Gore whoever getting me 15 touches a game, I'm happy to choose whichever I feel is hot or having a good matchup as my RB2 or flex.  If you're in a position where you have 2 stud running backs, you're probably weaker on reciever and Im sure you're in the minority of people playing in competitive leagues.  

 

Expectations for Rb2 needs to be severely tempered. 

 

I think going forward you're crazy if you draft RB2s in rounds 3-5.  Unless you think a guy is a top unquestioned RB on his team (or confident he soon will be)  who gets a lot of carries and is pretty good... then why waste a pick on them?  Everything else seems replaceable.  Almost every other NFL team that doesn't have an RB1 has at least 2-3 guys who can pop any week. 

 

 

Every year there are a couple guys drafted in that range who really blow up(Hunt). I think you still have to take your shots if there's an RB2 there with upside because you never know. I drafted AA in that range thinking there was a small chance he could blow up. Hasn't happened but he also hasn't sucked and is returning decent value. But yes RB has really turned into a crapshoot over the years with so many teams going RBBC. It really does seem safer to go WR heavy early in drafts but it always comes back to just picking the right players.

 

Edit: Disregard the AA comment. Was posting in the Abdullah thread a minute ago and forgot where I was :wacko:

Edited by owenmills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

This is exactly how I feel. Probably stated it multiple times today and this season.  Im looking at rb ranks for week 6 and probably after the 10th guy you're looking at guys who could absolutely be duds this week and any week.  

 

But so and so has burned me in the past!?!??!

 

Literally ever rb who isn't a rookie or isn't one of the very top guys has burned someone in the past. RB is brutal.  If I have guys like AP, Abdullah, Crowell, Mckinon , Lynch, Gore whoever getting me 15 touches a game, I'm happy to choose whichever I feel is hot or having a good matchup as my RB2 or flex.  If you're in a position where you have 2 stud running backs, you're probably weaker on reciever and Im sure you're in the minority of people playing in competitive leagues.  

 

Expectations for Rb2 needs to be severely tempered. 

 

I think going forward you're crazy if you draft RB2s in rounds 3-5.  Unless you think a guy is a top unquestioned RB on his team (or confident he soon will be)  who gets a lot of carries and is pretty good... then why waste a pick on them?  Everything else seems replaceable.  Almost every other NFL team that doesn't have an RB1 has at least 2-3 guys who can pop any week. 

 

this dude gets it!  agree agree agree.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...