NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Is that your prediction, bro?

Not really a prediction. Fitz is a possession WR at this point in his career and still a productive one. Defense schemes aren't going to change because AP has been added lmfao.... More common sense than a prediction..

Edited by Knicks2689
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Trying to talk some sense into you like 

giphy.gif

He's still a diva.

AP tries that ish in 'Zona and one of the Cards gon' pop him right in that psycho mug of his.   and he'll be cut immediately.  

interesting dynamic down there - the classiest guy in the game, and the consummate professional (Fitz) has to huddle up with one of the more selfish, DIVAish tools ever to trouble daylight.  

i give this 'marriage' two weeks.  

7 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

Not really a prediction. Fitz is a possession WR at this point in his career and still a productive one. Defense schemes aren't going to change because AP has been added lmfao.... More common sense than a prediction..

I’m assuming an effective AP for clarity sakes.  Not sure what you are giggling at, maybe your tiny crystal balls, bro. :)

But it I am with you, generally speaking, because I think AP is washed up. 

I’m fully aware I’m talking out out both sides of my mouth.  

Edited by dudewithabadcat
20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

AP tries that ish in 'Zona and one of the Cards gon' pop him right in that psycho mug of his.   and he'll be cut immediately.  

interesting dynamic down there - the classiest guy in the game, and the consummate professional (Fitz) has to huddle up with one of the more selfish, DIVAish tools ever to trouble daylight.  

i give this 'marriage' two weeks.  

This was Larry Fitz on twitter after the trade was announced:

#mymood this morning!

At a minimum he figures to get all goal line work in an offense that is sort of okay. He should at least be startable as a low-end number two running back for a while.  He has no competition for first and second down work as the rest of the guys are just terrible and Ellington is locked into 3rd down.

I wouldn't expect many yards behind that offensive line though.

3 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:
To those who say Peterson is going from one pass-happy spread offense to another:

Whereas Peterson was an out-of-place “tell” in Saints O, Arians uses shotgun on just 13% of snaps — second-lowest in NFL, per @billbarnwell

Wonderful so AP will go from 5-8 carries for 30 yards to 12-15 carries for 50-60 yards has no relevance hes not going to catch passes so that's going from what 4-5 fantasy points to maybe 5-8 and praying for a touchdown desperation bye week flex play at best ... We will be able to revisit this relatively shortly once hes played a game or two. If you're hoping AP will have RB2 value or whatever or banking on that you did a horrendous job drafting.

Edited by Knicks2689
14 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Lol...just dropped him over the weekend....what I get for asking the wife I suppose....good for AD...he could get 800 yards ros....number 1 waiver claim all in bids in coming

Youre kidding right?

1 minute ago, Knicks2689 said:

Wonderful so AP will go from 5-8 carries for 30 yards to 12-15 carries for 50-60 yards has no relevance hes not going to catch passes so that's going from what 4-5 fantasy points to maybe 5-8 and praying for a touchdown desperation bye week flex play at best... We will be able to revisit this relatively shortly once hes played a game or two.

Are we really going to call him washed up based on 27 carries across 4 games in an offense that we can all plainly see wasn't a good fit for him?

Are we really going to say Arizona is a terrible fit for him as well, even though they run the second-lowest amount of shotgun in the league?

AP has struggled in shotgun offenses, like the one the Vikings transitioned to with Bridgewater at QB, and like the one the Saints run. 

I'm just trying to refute some of the obvious misinformation out there. Larry Fitz is pumped that AP is joining the team. The Cardinals don't run a "spread offense."

I never once said Peterson is going to be an all-pro again behind the Arizona line, but I think people are burying him unnecessarily. 

worthy of a pickup, should be able to be a at least RB2.  ARI may not have a great line but neither did MIN in a lot of the years he was there.  AP is a volume runner who wears down a team as the game goes on.  his advantage was always that he was running as hard in the 4th quarter as he was in the 1st.  meanwhile the the opposing defense is gasping for air.  as long as ARI is committed to giving him touches, this will be an uptick for the entire offense there. 

for sure he will be the goal line battering ram in an offense that has big time play makers at WR and a competent QB.  so he will at the very least have TD upside each week

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

worthy of a pickup, should be able to be a at least RB2.  ARI may not have a great line but neither did MIN in a lot of the years he was there.  AP is a volume runner who wears down a team as the game goes on.  his advantage was always that he was running as hard in the 4th quarter as he was in the 1st.  meanwhile the the opposing defense is gasping for air.  as long as ARI is committed to giving him touches, this will be an uptick for the entire offense there. 

for sure he will be the goal line battering ram in an offense that has big time play makers at WR and a competent QB.  so he will at the very least have TD upside each week

at least an RB2?!? like at the very minimum with what low end RB1 upside :lol: Now I am officially done. Good luck everyone taking the plunge if hes available in your league or whatever.

Edited by Knicks2689

man crazy to see how much being in NO and that whole situation has negatively affected his value

dude is going to get 15 carries a game at least and be the unquestioned goal line back in a competent offense 

6-8 points a week with maybe 30% of the time getting a td isnt that more than good enough for a flex? most guys half of the season score 6-8 points that are "flex worthy" apparently

so much salt from guys saying dont bother, must have dropped him and had someone else pick him up, at worst hes a solid bye week guy with a better chance at a TD than most WW adds you could get at that time, people need to calm down with the hate, just cause you missed out doesnt mean hes useless come on now

10 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Are we really going to call him washed up based on 27 carries across 4 games in an offense that we can all plainly see wasn't a good fit for him?

Are we really going to say Arizona is a terrible fit for him as well, even though they run the second-lowest amount of shotgun in the league?

AP has struggled in shotgun offenses, like the one the Vikings transitioned to with Bridgewater at QB, and like the one the Saints run. 

I'm just trying to refute some of the obvious misinformation out there. Larry Fitz is pumped that AP is joining the team. The Cardinals don't run a "spread offense."

I never once said Peterson is going to be an all-pro again behind the Arizona line, but I think people are burying him unnecessarily. 

Well let me get a bit more specific about it.

As I said before, Minnesota had historically used a fullback for Peterson and done a ton of power running. When they started shifting more towards Bridgewater, they changed their offense. Peterson, predictably, struggled. They shifted back in the other direction to get him going again, and it worked.

Barnwell (and you, as well) is correct. I don't have statistics for this year in front of me, but last year, the Cardinals used 3-wide sets less than most NFL teams. Importantly, New Orleans ran 3 WR sets 1% more often than Arizona. I can't sort this table, but they probably used the sets about the 7th least amount of time?

The issue with this rank in a vacuum is that it ignores the important point. Arizona still used a 3 WR set the majority of the time their offense was on the field.

So, not the most straightforward reply here. But the issue is certainly not that Arizona is better suited to Peterson's strengths than New Orleans. They're almost identical. The issue is that nobody runs an offense that Peterson is suited to. He is, as many have said, a dinosaur in today's NFL. He's not a great receiver. He doesn't pass protect. And most teams (certainly not the 2 he's played for this season) don't use a scheme in the running game tailored to his strengths. The garbage offensive line is just icing on the cake.

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

dude is going to get 15 carries a game at least

What? Lol. No he's not. Why do any of you believe this? Is this just a misunderstanding of how many carries a running back gets? Johnson has been getting 11 the last 4 weeks. Their offensive line sucks and they can't run the ball. It's been very obvious.