NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

Just now, miasma16 said:

What? Lol. No he's not. Why do any of you believe this? Is this just a misunderstanding of how many carries a running back gets? Johnson has been getting 11 the last 4 weeks. Their offensive line sucks and they can't run the ball. It's been very obvious.

If he gets 11 or 15 it's irrelevant IMO. I still can't believe someone said his floor is RB2 rest of the season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, miasma16 said:

What? Lol. No he's not. Why do any of you believe this? Is this just a misunderstanding of how many carries a running back gets? Johnson has been getting 11 the last 4 weeks. Their offensive line sucks and they can't run the ball. It's been very obvious.

CJ has been washed up for 2 years with zero injuries totally different RB so that comparison i think is far fetched

Hes been getting 11 carries as a sign off the couch RB, they just traded for AP, their legend WR is pumped = 15 carries even at a crap 3 YPC thats 45 yards and thats worst case YPC wise IMO and then any week dude can score a td if they get inside the 5 which happens a decent amount for them

yes their line sucks but volume is enough to EASILY make this guy worth an add yet people are saying dont bother? 

the eptiome of salty owners who missed out haha

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

Pretty sure all the salt is from people who drafted this turd and now they wanna polish it up to salvage that 5th round pick

kinda hard to miss out on waivers when most don’t even clear until tonight

CJ has been washed up for 2 years with zero injuries totally different RB so that comparison i think is far fetched

Hes been getting 11 carries as a sign off the couch RB, they just traded for AP, their legend WR is pumped = 15 carries even at a crap 3 YPC thats 45 yards and thats worst case YPC wise IMO and then any week dude can score a td if they get inside the 5 which happens a decent amount for them

yes their line sucks but volume is enough to EASILY make this guy worth an add yet people are saying dont bother? 

Missed out? He's already owned in all my leagues and most competitive leagues by default..  no one is salty for missing out on AP more likely people with struggling teams banking on AP being a strong flex play or RB2 :P which is probably as likely as the Giants making the Super Bowl.

Just now, lolcopter said:

Pretty sure all the salt is from people who drafted this turd and now they wanna polish it up to salvage that 5th round pick

kinda hard to miss out on waivers when most don’t even clear until tonight

referencing owners who dropped and had other owners scoop up hoping for a trade such as this which is prob why his ownership didnt dip below 40% on ESPN

(i also dropped AP in 2 leagues and will be putting a claim in just in case)

It's not a comparison. One was Arizona's running back on a team that has no offensive line and can't run the ball, and got 11 carries per game. The other is Arizona's running back and there's literally no reason to expect that Arizona will suddenly run New Orleans's discarded has-been 15 times per game, in a scheme he doesn't fit, that still has no offensive line.

15 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

at least an RB2?!? like at the very minimum with what low end RB1 upside :lol: Now I am officially done. Good luck everyone taking the plunge if hes available in your league or whatever.

he is the starting running back, he is the goal line back, he is going to get anywhere from 10-15 carries if not more.  so what else do you want from a waiver pickup in week 6?  plus he has the pedigree.  he probably isn't going to win weeks for you but should be able to put up 7-9 a week which is rb2 territory.

stop overreacting to a bad fit and crowded back field in NO. 

Just now, Knicks2689 said:

Missed out? He's already owned in all my leagues and most competitive leagues by default..  no one is salty for missing out on AP more likely people with struggling teams banking on AP being a strong flex play or RB2 :P which is probably as likely as the Giants making the Super Bowl.

yea expecting RB2 numbers is a tad optimistic for sure, they should be happy at getting flex value and pat themselves on the back even getting that

Just now, miasma16 said:

It's not a comparison. One was Arizona's running back on a team that has no offensive line and can't run the ball, and got 11 carries per game. The other is Arizona's running back and there's literally no reason to expect that Arizona will suddenly run New Orleans's discarded has-been 15 times per game, in a scheme he doesn't fit, that still has no offensive line.

my point was that CJ hasnt been good for 2 healthy years, we havent seen AP be trash for even one full healthy year

Also arizona got CJ for pennies and didnt care how they used him, trading any kind of asset for AP shows they want to use him and get him involved to see if he has anything left and Fitz endorsed him as well

those points alone ensure he will get more carries than CJ hence my saying the volume will be enough to 100% make him worth an add

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

my point was that CJ hasnt been good for 2 healthy years, we havent seen AP be trash for even one full healthy year

Also arizona got CJ for pennies and didnt care how they used him, trading any kind of asset for AP shows they want to use him and get him involved to see if he has anything left and Fitz endorsed him as well

those points alone ensure he will get more carries than CJ hence my saying the volume will be enough to 100% make him worth an add

You're entitled to your opinion. What we've seen of AP is a small sample size. He's been so egregiously bad and so out of place in New Orleans's offense (just as I believe he will be in Arizona) that I've seen more than enough.

Trading a fairly worthless asset means nothing to me. "Fitz endors(ing) him" is because Fitz is the classiest dude in the NFL. He's not going to tweet that one of the greatest running backs in history is some washed bum and that he'd rather have a 5th round pick if he was Arizona's GM.

I think a lot of you are about to get a running back with all of the talent of last week's Latavius Murray. The only difference is, AP's line is 10 times worse and his team has no (and shouldn't have any) commitment to establishing the run. I doubt he'll ever be startable with his 40 yards per game unless your team is as good as eliminated already.

Just now, miasma16 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. What we've seen of AP is a small sample size. He's been so egregiously bad and so out of place in New Orleans's offense (just as I believe he will be in Arizona) that I've seen more than enough.

Trading a fairly worthless asset means nothing to me. "Fitz endors(ing) him" is because Fitz is the classiest dude in the NFL. He's not going to tweet that one of the greatest running backs in history is some washed bum and that he'd rather have a 5th round pick if he was Arizona's GM.

I think a lot of you are about to get a running back with all of the talent of last week's Latavius Murray. The only difference is, AP's line is 10 times worse and his team has no (and shouldn't have any) commitment to establishing the run. I doubt he'll ever be startable with his 40 yards per game unless your team is as good as eliminated already.

Yea i mean only time will tell im gonna say hes borderline flex worthy in 12+ team leagues depending on roster format and a useful bye week filler especially with all these damn injuries, anyone endorsing a RB2 100% is sadly mistaken

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Peterson's Juke rate is 25th in the league, LatMu is 84th.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/latavius-murray/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/adrian-peterson/

Just trying to put things in perspective. They're a couple of guys that won't get any catches and also suck between the tackles. I expect RB2 volume and low-ceiling RB3 production. 

4 hours ago, AJJones said:

No, because you think he still going to break big ones without a good o-line and a power running game splitting carries with Chris Johnson

He may very well end up an RB2/Flex -- if he gets a ton of volume. Heck, maybe he will break a few 60 yard runs and I will wish I had him on my team.

So much for the splitting carries.

All the hate is what is irrational (and I'm not AP fan, that's for sure).  It is ok to be pissed if you dropped him, but don't chastise folks who see AP as a big upgrade from CJ, which he absolutely is.  CJ has been awful since taking over the lead role.

AP isn't the AP of old, and he should be criticized for thinking he is, but if AZ really commits to him, some good things could happen.  Losing Iupati for the year certainly hurt, but they may get both Humphries and Boone back this week.  AP has had very little work so far this season, so he'll be fresh and fired up.  I would be very surprised if he fizzles.  More likely than not, he instantly becomes a clear positive for an AZ offensive unit that desperately needs a shot in the arm. 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

All of this is so pointless bickering.  It's a gamble on a lottery ticket either he pans out or he doesn't.  If anyone knew for sure without a doubt then I think they would be millionaires from knowing the future.

really I don't see the reason for going back and forth about this crap just need to wait to see how he does the next few weeks before judging anything 

3 minutes ago, gus030 said:

All of this is so pointless bickering.  It's a gamble on a lottery ticket either he pans out or he doesn't.  If anyone knew for sure without a doubt then I think they would be millionaires from knowing the future.

really I don't see the reason for going back and forth about this crap just need to wait to see how he does the next few weeks before judging anything 

Although folks who need to place bids by tomorrow don't really have that luxury.