NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

in before thread lock and just wanted to say

lol to everyone saying he was done

I dont own peterson but it was very annoying seeing all these comments on this thread and i'm glad to see him proving everyone wrong.

People in general are writing off way too many rbs.  The bar for being a playable RB2 is very low these days.  If someone is getting the touches, I'll listen.  It's foolish to dismiss anyone.  There are probably over 20 guys in the "might be an rb2 this week" camp and any of them could have a huge game where next week they could be bordering a top 12 play (about an rb1), especially in bye weeks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to jump on the pile here.. anyone with eyes could tell he still had some juice left, even just based on the limited carries he received with the saints - if you were saying he was "cooked", you either didn't bother watching the runs he did receive or your blind.

If he's cooked, more than half the league is cooked.

Edited by Sully

I think we would be wise to not go OTT on AP but the hate in this thread has been ridiculous. Certain posters have not even bothered to formulate arguments, rather abuse others and acuse them of holding onto the past with immature rants and laughing faces. I’m just glad to see AP put in a good game, good on him. 

1 hour ago, Vegemite2 said:

I think we would be wise to not go OTT on AP but the hate in this thread has been ridiculous. Certain posters have not even bothered to formulate arguments, rather abuse others and acuse them of holding onto the past with immature rants and laughing faces. I’m just glad to see AP put in a good game, good on him. 

That was better than good, good would have been 13 for 60 and a score. That was elite RB1 fantastic!

On 10/10/2017 at 12:15 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

man, i do hope folks go stunods on their bidding for this foo' 

all that FAAB coin/high waiver priority about to be flushed - HAVE AT IT PEOPLE!  we need some thinning of the herd up top!  GRAZIE!

he's more likely to be outta the league by week 10 as he is to make even one iota of a difference. 

23 minutes ago, AJJones said:

AP looked good out there. David Johnson is still going to comeback though...

Should be a potent offense with both back there. CJ?K was still productive when DJ exploded during his rookie year.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Should be a potent offense with both back there. CJ?K was still productive when DJ exploded during his rookie year.

No way DJ is going to revert back to his rookie year usage.

Congrats on a locked in RB2 with RB1 upside for the next 6-8 weeks but DJ is going to DJ when he comes back.

if he is healthy he is certainly much better than DJ as a running back. DJ could be more of the Ellington role and change of pace back, as DJ's pure running was really bad at end of last season and 1st game this year, he never looked interested. this was huge trade for Arizona

5 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

No way DJ is going to revert back to his rookie year usage.

Congrats on a locked in RB2 with RB1 upside for the next 6-8 weeks but DJ is going to DJ when he comes back.

I'm quite fine if that's all we get.

1 minute ago, hines said:

if he is healthy he is certainly much better than DJ as a running back. DJ could be more of the Ellington role and change of pace back, as DJ's pure running was really bad at end of last season and 1st game this year, he never looked interested. this was huge trade for Arizona

Are you okay?

Anybody watching the game get an idea of the snap count?

It seems like he really dominated the snap.  Ellington didn't even get a touch i think.

Which is pretty crazy considering he got there in the middle of the week.

Imagine what'll happen when he gets more comfortable in the offense.

2 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Are you okay?

I had DJ and watched almost every touch, he was always amazing as a receiver but wore down as a runner as year went on, showed not much interest in running with power. 3.6 YPC his last 11 games. his strength is not running the ball

Edited by hines
Just now, hines said:

I had DJ and watched almost every touch, he was always amazing as a receiver but wore down as a runner as year went on, showed not much interest in running with power. 3.6 YPC his last 11 games. his strength is not running the ball

I'd disagree. 

AP still has a lot of juice left, but if you're going to bring up DJ's statistics, AP's own numbers prior to this game is a lot worse.

Cards aren't moving on from the most talented all-purpose back in the league for AP.