NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

2 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Are you okay?

Hes perfectly fine, guessing you didnt see this beast today. Thats the best any runnin back has looked behind that oline in a good while (including DJ 2nd half of last season). Could totally see AP getting most of the running touches even when DJ gets back. DJ has been hurt twice in the last 2 games with IR type injuries, but DJ will still catch a ton of passes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, hines said:

if he is healthy he is certainly much better than DJ as a running back. DJ could be more of the Ellington role and change of pace back, as DJ's pure running was really bad at end of last season and 1st game this year, he never looked interested. this was huge trade for Arizona

I own Peterson, but.........

Image result for get out gifs

3 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

I'd disagree. 

AP still has a lot of juice left, but if you're going to bring up DJ's statistics, AP's own numbers prior to this game is a lot worse.

Cards aren't moving on from the most talented all-purpose back in the league for AP.

didn't mean moving on, but using Peterson for 12-15 carries a game and letting DJ focus more on receiving. so he gets 10 or so carries with his usual 5-8 grabs

He's a clear RB1 ROS. ROS = Til/if DJ comes back. Good job guys. Reap the rewards. This guy has a chip on his shoulder. He's gonna eat.

Call me out for a knee jerk but I started him today expecting 100/1. He's a great asset in this offense.

Edited by Ffguy0087

On 2017-10-12 at 2:08 PM, JDOG said:

I can't wait till all the AP haters see him put up a decent game (double digits) this weekend!  

Yes you can quote me on Monday on this!

It seems like “I told you so” isn’t quite impactful enough. Where are all the haters saying he wasn’t even worth a waiver claim or spending any FAAB? That he is washed up and should be retired? 

Ha!

Dude has always been a physical freak that defies the odds, not sure why I doubted him. A solid run game really helps to open up this offense. I was surprised how Ellington was a complete non-factor but I guess with them up so much so early they didn't need him. I don't think Peterson will be this good most games (when Cards fall behind Ellington will cut into his snaps more) but with how he looked today should be a RB2. 

Phase 1: He doesn't have a team. He sucks.

Phase 2: He is signed by a pass first team, he is splitting carries with Ingram

Phase 3: He has looked terrible this preseason, he is old

Phase 4: He hasn't done anything. He is washed up

Phase 5: So what that he has been traded, Arizona sucks and he is washed up

Phase 6: So what thatxhe had a good game, DJ will be back.

Phase 7: (insert hateful phrase here)

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Phase 1: He doesn't have a team. He sucks.

Phase 2: He is signed by a pass first team, he is splitting carries with Ingram

Phase 3: He has looked terrible this preseason, he is old

Phase 4: He hasn't done anything. He is washed up

Phase 5: So what that he has been traded, Arizona sucks and he is washed up

Phase 6: So what thatxhe had a good game, DJ will be back.

Phase 7: (insert hateful phrase here)

Phase 8: Change Screen Name. 

3 minutes ago, JDOG said:

How salty is this dude for missing out on him? 

GTFO!

Not salty at all. Congrats I hope he helped you win this week. I still think he's going to struggle going forward. The likelihood of this week being an outlier versus the past 2.5 seasons being an outlier? Hmmm

2 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Not salty at all. Congrats I hope he helped you win this week. I still think he's going to struggle going forward. The likelihood of this week being an outlier versus the past 2.5 seasons being an outlier? Hmmm

You must be fun at parties. 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:00 PM, miasma16 said:

AP's success depends primarily on the offense he runs. Minnesota always played under center and he had success. In September of 2015 when they started using shotgun for Bridgewater, he was terrible. They stopped, and he could run it again. 

Arizona will run spread. There's a 100% chance he'll suck. Don't even bother adding him. 

1*mvD_4BDe6H3Duz4RsmZsbg.gif

47 minutes ago, hines said:

if he is healthy he is certainly much better than DJ as a running back. DJ could be more of the Ellington role and change of pace back, as DJ's pure running was really bad at end of last season and 1st game this year, he never looked interested. this was huge trade for Arizona

really hope this is sarcasm

Alert! Quality post coming in:

Don't forget the Cards got their whole left side of the OL back from injury this week (LT Humphries, LG Boone). They signed free agent RG Earl Watford last week who has been quite an upgrade on their struggling RG Boehm. RT Veldher after an abysmal start looks more comfortable every week since he made the transition and has never played RT before. Basically their OL should be at least an average unit from now on, just like it was last season with DJ breaking all sorts of records. Could become ever better if they recall Iupati from IR. Iupati is past his prime, but in the run game he is still one of the very best. AP definitely high RB2 until DJ returns, in standard he could enter RB1 conversation.

33 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

NaCl-ty!