NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

And what do you propose if he struggles his next few games? 

All RBs struggle in some games.

Ones that are "done" as some so ignorantly said here do not go for 130 and 2 on 26 carries at anytime.

Edited by Mavis

4 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Really happy to see AD silence the naysayers, even if for just a week.

Yup...and he plays the worst run D in the league next week.

But, but, but...he got 4 yards on 4 carries on a team that didnt utilize him. lol This is why I come here and hold those accountable that think they know about football.

anyone who said AP is done, is not worthy of discussing football and I will remind you of how little you know if you ever dare to speak as if you know something about this game. 

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Agreed. 

And I was one of those convinced he was done. He proved me and 99% of the FFL community wrong vs TB. 

I wish I could just say "ok" and move on, but thats what people who make bad call after bad call after bad call after bad call want. They want to defelct from how wrong they are and move on....Nope...time for your pie, son....

You act like everything you say on here is fact, yet you are notoriously wrong here. You argue with anyone who disagrees with your "opinions." In fact I am so arrogant here because of people like you...you are in no position to disagree and should just always say "You know more than I do, so whatever you say, Mavis." I argue with peopelw ho disagree with me, because I am not wrong. I dont ignorantly take the side against a player because I didnt get him on waivers or I dont own him, which clearly so many do here. 

Dude, just stop sharing your opinion...it is literally worthless and does not even have any value to you. 

If more people trashed the ignorant opinion like I am doing, people will stop just coming into threads and randomly saying ignorance like "he's done" and leaving.

If they know they just cant come into a thread saying such ignorance without suffering ridicule, they wills top saying such nonsense for risk of ridicule. Little ridicule doesnt help, when they know they got a guy like me who will feed them their BS...they will stop.

To clarify, we had people who thought a machine was done because he didnt do we;l in a game and a half last year and in limited snaps this year on a team that didnt know how to utilize him. Then those same people will continue to post opinions as if they should be valued. SMH, dude you couldnt see the obvious, dont ever have an opinion again. Roto should ask everyone to hold people accountable they way I do. I dont call names or insult the person, I just attack your football knowledge after all, we are on a football site of knowledge...."better come correct!

Nothing personal here, I'm sure many who said this about ADP are very smart and great people...but some just are not good at understanding this game and are ignorant to how it works yet wish to continue discussing it.

Edited by Mavis

4 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

uh yeah if one has a betting background these things are possible, even on a message board.

Dude, you were extremely wrong about AP(along with miasma and a few others). Just get over it and move on. I don't even have a problem with people doubting guys like AP, but when you come on threads and flood them with useless posts 'OMG he sucks, don't pick him up' '100% chance he's useless' etc then you need to just either eat crow or go away. 

Anyone who saw him running in New Orleans could see had still has burst left. I told my buddy to start him this week after telling him he would be totally useless for the Saints. His ROS is still murky as can be and the Cards have a bye between now and when DJ comes back. I would definitely be seeing what people are willing to give for him.

Started him! Only fun part this weekend, I am basically out now thanks to Rodgers...which also means Nelson falls way off and is a Flex candidate at best. But CJ2K was not god awful under them, but if you have an AP for the taking...you TAKE AP.  Not trashing David Johnson, but he and AP are a tad alike, I was 100% sure he would get 100 and a TD. AP is super talented and went to a team he easily plugs into. You cannot stack the box on him, Palmer has been off due to a lack of a running threat, now he has that AND you need to respect that receiving corp.

If AP keeps this up I honestly think they may keep DJ on the sidelines to rest as long as possible, why on earth would you hurry your young franchise RB back if you do not need to. IF he comes back and both are dominating, you time share this beast. DJ is the long term investment, so I feel AP will be starting for a while.

With the uncertainty of Zeke as my RB1 and drafting a bust like Crowell as my RB2 I am thrilled to have Adrian on my team right now. Could be a season saver for me.  He looked pretty good and the end performance was great!  Plugging him in my lineup and leaving him there.

If you willingly chose not to take a flier on him especially if it would have been at a cheap acquiring cost, so glad he went off and for shame on you! hah

anyone who called anyone delusional, dumb, etc for taking a flier on AP or expecting flex numbers needs to surface and take the heat, if you want to voice your opinion of players, gotta back up when your dead wrong and when YOUR actually the delusional one!

Side note great to see one of the best RB's to play still perform at this level, and im a bucs fan and it sucked it had to be vs my team but awesome to watch

On 10/10/2017 at 6:04 PM, CrastersCreep said:

Lol at anyone think he's not totally cooked. And even if he did have juice left he's got just about the worst possible run blocking line to work with.

How does that crow taste son?

Lets see what he does against the Rams. I missed out on him but pretty tough sledding rest of way with a couple of beauties in there. 26/134/2 minus the fumble is pretty sweet. If Palmer can open up the D with his passing like yesterday his numbers can be pretty solid.

@LA

bye

@SF - Beauty

Sea

@Hou

Jax

LA

Ten

@Wash

NYG

@sea

8 hours ago, meverett85 said:

Anybody who said he wasn't worth a waiver wire pick was being silly. But likewise, anybody who thought he would perform anywhere close to this is also playing MMQB.

Yes, this. I was 95% sure that he would be a complete bust, but I tried to burn my waiver claim on him anyways because I thought there was a 5% chance of a high volume, high ceiling, live up to the name and past, possibility. I think that's the gamble most folks were taking and those who got him were rewarded by speculating on a seemingly likely potential bust, but high upside boom, dart throw and pray.

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

Kinda funny that I was called "delusional" for saying I could see RB2/flex value moving forward. 

Stop patting yourself on the back. That was BEFORE they cut Chris Johnson and then I admitted you were right. Don't be passive aggressive.

Just now, AJJones said:

Stop patting yourself on the back. That was BEFORE they cut Chris Johnson and then I admitted you were right. Don't be passive aggressive.

:rolleyes:

seems like a convenient way for you to backtrack. Wasn't it obvious Chris Johnson would be cut, or benched completely once they traded for AP? 

Edited by mjb03003

I am not backtracking. I said AP needed volume to be a RB2 and once they cut CJ2K I said he would get it. I didn't think they would outright cut Chris Johnson, no. I figured AP would ultimately take over but DJ is coming back so that still would not make him a RB2.

I said AP needed x,y and z to happen for him to be successful, otherwise he wouldn't be. Those things ended up happening....

Edited by AJJones