NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Adrian Peterson 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jasonresno said:

less than a week ago this thread was full of people deriding AP doubters. ohboy, how quickly things change.

dude's on a dumpster fire offense. he'll have big days but don't expect them all of the time.

Things change.  Dude was set up to be a decent RB2 with Palmer.

Doesn't mean he still can't run in the right situatation.  Like with Green Bay.  Nobody is saying that all the WRs don't have  talent anymore.  They just are in a horrible situtation now.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, Yceman1234 said:

Soooo...to sum up, there are three types of people in this thread right now....

giphy.gif VS  giphy.gif VSgiphy.gif

I'm encompassing all 3 groups after this week. :-)

1.)Yes, nailed it ; 2.) Wasn't buying it ; 3.) If I can't sing my praises who will ?

Edited by howlin' 2

20 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh, dunno 'bout that ... we've seen fantasy relevant RBs on horrible teams on many occasions - DJ has the ability to "make his own shot" (to borrow from another sport ?), so to speak - AP does not. 

DJ would prolly be seeing upwards to 10 targets per game in this current offense, and he can be devestating in space. 

i realize you were being more facetious than factual in your post, but DJ would thrive even in Cleveland ...

Talented Players have been killed for fantasy purposes by bad quarterbacking and coaching around them. Todd Gurley is the most recent example. 

Bruce Arians at least has a brain in his head so maybe he can find a way to make this offense competent. 

I think Gabbert will eventually take over.  Stanton's ceiling tends to be somewhere between meh and mediocrity. 

Edited by Iron-cock

I was actually at the game (first NFL experience!) and he looked to run ok for what chances he had. There was no room to move and yes, he has lost a step, but the predictability of the play-calling and a severe lack of a passing game gave AP little opportunity to succeed. Once the Cards were down early he had no hope.

I don’t think any RB not named Bell would have got much going.

Edited by Vegemite2

It's funny how the doubters all come back now and say I told you so.

Yes, his value has taken a severe hit after this last game with Palmer out, but all of you saying he was washed up running behind a terrible O-Line were still wrong.  A Palmer injury doesn't make you right about your analysis of AP.

I still think we'll see some decent production after the bye week, just not the upside it looked like after the Bucs game.  The one positive after the last game is they don't seem completely averse to using him in the passing game, although when Ellington is healthy I'm sure he'll get the lion share of passing down work.

The ideal situation would be to have AP turn into a Jordan Howard.  Yes, the Bears have a better O-Line, but they don't have a QB either and JH cedes almost all the passing down work, but he's still a valuable fantasy asset. For that to happen we need the Cardinals defense to play up to their capability, which could happen after they get a bit healthier following the bye week.

For those saying he's worthless now, go ahead and drop him.  But don't get pissed when he puts up a 24 carry, 85 yd, 2 TD performance in your opponent's flex spot during the playoffs.

6 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

People who know football know what happened that game. 

As far as bad QB play, how has Ajayi done with Cutler? or for QB sake, how has Hilton done with Brissett? QB means everything. 

Also, Larry Fitz got shut down that game as well...

This is nothing new, people doubted Zeke after his 8 yard performance against Denver. Its about what your eyes tell you is happening, not what you want to see. 

This offense will run through Peterson, and Peterson has not lost a step, he is a hoss. Period. 

21 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Sure glad I didn't blow my load on AP a few weeks ago. 

Yeah, you would have missed his 120 plus and 2 TD game, dont forget he got one of those and not just this past stinker. 

So many bad owners on this site. They rather have Derrick Henry, lol.

11 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yes, his value has taken a severe hit after this last game with Palmer out, but all of you saying he was washed up running behind a terrible O-Line were still wrong.  A Palmer injury doesn't make you right about your analysis of AP.

I still think we'll see some decent production after the bye week, just not the upside it looked like after the Bucs game.  The one positive after the last game is they don't seem completely averse to using him in the passing game, although when Ellington is healthy I'm sure he'll get the lion share of passing down work.

The ideal situation would be to have AP turn into a Jordan Howard.  Yes, the Bears have a better O-Line, but they don't have a QB either and JH cedes almost all the passing down work, but he's still a valuable fantasy asset. For that to happen we need the Cardinals defense to play up to their capability, which could happen after they get a bit healthier following the bye week.

For those saying he's worthless now, go ahead and drop him.  But don't get pissed when he puts up a 24 carry, 85 yd, 2 TD performance in your opponent's flex spot during the playoffs.

Welcome to Broke Running Back Mountain :-*  " AP ... I can't quit you "

Hopefully you have better options or you might not be in the playoffs.

Carson didn't get hurt till about 5 minutes left in the half I believe. Peterson had done nothing up until that point either. Gamescript got away from them AFTER Palmer went down but it was 6-0 up to that point then fell apart in the last 3 minutes of the first half.

Never said he was worthless, I said he was a middling option ROS after his big Cardinals debut. We will see and I'm sure he will get mega carries going forward so he will be viable via volume. Just not expecting RB 1 numbers most weeks. Definitely don't think "HE'S BACK"

12 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he does this next week against SF.  Gonna be a rollercoaster owning this dude, but definitely don't think he's done, as lots of ppl on here believe (despite losing Palmer).

38 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Never said he was worthless, I said he was a middling option ROS after his big Cardinals debut. We will see and I'm sure he will get mega carries going forward so he will be viable via volume. Just not expecting RB 1 numbers most weeks. Definitely don't think "HE'S BACK"

I think most reasonable people would say he had a chance to be a high RB2 in standard.

Putting up Hyde, Miller, Blount, Murray type numbers which is far from being washed up.

For someone off the waiver, that's pretty good .  Not saying he still can't be that, but it's looking more like flex material at this point.

9 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

He just got cut in my league with roster limits... is there something I'm unaware of? Because I just put a claim in for half of my FAAB remaining.

It's likely an overreaction from the disappointing game last week and worries over the Cardinals offense going forward with Palmer out. I think he'll still be a pretty serviceable back going forward.

3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

It's likely an overreaction from the disappointing game last week and worries over the Cardinals offense going forward with Palmer out. I think he'll still be a pretty serviceable back going forward.

I added him with the quickness. We can only carry 4 RB in our league so this sort of stuff happens every now and then, but jeez, the quick reaction was insane.