Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

 


Final line for Jamaal - 10 carries, 40 yards, 0 catches, 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble lost.  2 points in PPR - extremely ho hum.

Well played. Thought he looked good tonight though. Nearly scored a TD, and ran hard. It's totally flukey that he didn't catch a single pass too. He'll have good games this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Well played. Thought he looked good tonight though. Nearly scored a TD, and ran hard. It's totally flukey that he didn't catch a single pass too. He'll have good games this year. 


Agree that he looked okay, not great but good enough to get 7-10 carries a game

Pretty irritated as a CJ Anderson owner that he had 2 TD's robbed from him, stopped at the .10 yard line and then Siemian LOLvultures the TD and then when CJ does punch it in later, it's called back on a stupid illegal shift...  

Edited by jonasdash
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Dunno why they didn't try to hit him with a couple swing passes at least. Appeared to be misused and played like just another body rather than a dynamic outside speedster

 

Was watching the game last night with a KC fan who said the same thing about the Broncos' use of him. He said obviously Charles is at his best on sweeps, tosses, and little swing passes where you can catch the D off balance and create more lanes for him to just accelerate right through. Hopefully the Broncos realize this and start to see how dynamic he can be with space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

 

He got to the edge just fine and wasn't given the ball in space...

 

agreed.  

 

was surprised by ten touches equalling ten carries ... would've thought a 5/5, 6/4 kinda split. 

 

was encouraging for the long term prospect scale ... he's getting healthier by the day, and, come midi season, we may have us a very legit flex starter.  

 

would be pretty sweet if he can pull off an LT with the Jets kinda swan song .... once dynamic vet helping a defensive minded, conservative team by providing a certain spark that the other guys are lacking. 

 

and that is why he was a much better spec than AP ... Charles can produce on all three downs consistently, and may carve out sole possession of the two minute/hurry up gig.  he's a perfect fit for this offense, and they can utilize his skills with maximum efficiency.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

on why he wasn't used in space - he can't cut anymore, really, I haven't seen him cut that well or change direction like prime JC. He looks like a straight line runner now. 

 

This wouldn't surprise me too much if it were to be true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

on why he wasn't used in space - he can't cut anymore, really, I haven't seen him cut that well or change direction like prime JC. He looks like a straight line runner now. 

 

He can still flare out to the flat, catch the ball, and run forward. No need to make every touch a hand-off in the backfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Although it doesn't matter one bit at this point, I didn't see a fumble. I saw a ball firmly wedged in the crook of his arm while his other elbow was down. The ref was full of it. 


Same, on the slow-mo replay it seemed pretty obvious that he was down by contact before losing the ball - hopefully the coaches realize that as well. 

He also got at least 2 goal-line chances, first was inches away and the second was a blown coverage. Also saw him open for catches on a fairly regular basis, Siemian was just never looking his way at the right time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruh. Imma tell you right now: CJ Anderson will not stay healthy. Never has, don't see why that would magically change now. Charles is a proven commodity. If you actually watched the game you would be able to conclude father time has not struck him what so ever. He's an easy buy-low because his value is only going to rise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, augustine said:

I'm surprised JC didn't get any love in this week's waiver wire articles. I concede that CJA looked good, but JC flashed on his 10 carries and got some GL work to boot. He's a strong add/ hold in 12-teamers IMO.

Speaking as a former Jamaal Charles owner (I swapped him out for Kamara this morning) the fact that he didn't catch any passes and the fact that the Broncos are going to try to keep him under 10 touches was disappointing.

 

I had him in my 3rd-down RB slot with the hopes that he'd be Theo Riddick if CJA stayed healthy and Mark Ingram if CJA went down.

 

But I don't think either of those hopes are going to be realized.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DekuTree said:


Same, on the slow-mo replay it seemed pretty obvious that he was down by contact before losing the ball - hopefully the coaches realize that as well. 

He also got at least 2 goal-line chances, first was inches away and the second was a blown coverage. Also saw him open for catches on a fairly regular basis, Siemian was just never looking his way at the right time. 

Siemian routinely didn't look CJAs way either.  Almost like he doesn't look for the check down at all.  I saw at least three great opportunities where he pump faked and ran it up the gut himself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Speaking as a former Jamaal Charles owner (I swapped him out for Kamara this morning) the fact that he didn't catch any passes and the fact that the Broncos are going to try to keep him under 10 touches was disappointing.

 

I had him in my 3rd-down RB slot with the hopes that he'd be Theo Riddick if CJA stayed healthy and Mark Ingram if CJA went down.

 

But I don't think either of those hopes are going to be realized.

after 1 game of football you come to this conclusion? Dude is still getting his legs under him... didn't even touch the ball until week 3 of the preseason. HOLD

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who's kept JC in my main league for 7 years and owned him all 3 of his years he got hurt, I'm incredibly happy to see him healthy and playing.

 

He still clearly has some left in the tank. That one run where he broke outside put a smile on my face.

 

This is a guy who hasn't been healthy for the last 2 years. He's still getting his legs back. I really think he's gonna be a useful player this year and if he gets in a position to get more work, he can definitely be an every week starter.

 

DEN could really use someone like him who can really work the short range game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...