NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/18/2017 at 2:02 PM, herschel said:

anything to see with charles at this point or is he really just a handcuff for cja?

Hes a COP back and not a cuff to CJA at all. If CJA were to go down, Booker or potentially Williams would fill that main back role and Charles would still get his 7-10 touches a game

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Hes a COP back and not a cuff to CJA at all. If CJA were to go down, Booker or potentially Williams would fill that main back role and Charles would still get his 7-10 touches a game

I don't think Charles takes over CJA's full workload if he went down, but I do believe he'd see an increase in usage.  Right now CJA is getting 20-25 carries a game, and I don't think we'd just see that workload fall onto Booker.  Charles has been efficient and effective with his 10 carries right now, so I'd expect at least a 15-15 carry type split between Charles and Booker.  

Not a traditional handcuff in the sense of the word, but if CJA were to go down I think Charles would be the one to own in Denver.  15 carries + hopefully a few targets in the passing game would make him a great PPR play.  

While I agree with you in theory, I still wince every time I see Jamaal get up even somewhat slowly from a tackle and I think they'll continue to limit his usage for the full duration of the season. That's how you win games in November and December, by keeping your RBs fresh and healthy

Im dropping this guy. I just don't think he is worth rostering. Even with a CJA injury his production will most  likely be the same, around 40 yards on 10 rushes and maybe 2 catches for 15. Sure, he will get the occasional td but  that's just really not worth it to me. The upside is simply not there as Booker will most likely take over the majority of the work. I think a lot of people are holding him on the "name" value but he is long past his starter days. I'm picking up Darkwa instead.

This dude is fine. The only thing he is missing is opportunity which I don't blame the Broncos for. I think it's in their best interest to have CJ and JC split. That said I intend to flex him over

Crowell next week. 10 Jamaal Charles touches the way he is playing now is flex worthy in my opinion.*

In a 12 team competitive league. PPR

Edited by Bluecore
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, Bluecore said:

This dude is fine. The only thing he is missing is opportunity which I don't blame the Broncos for. I think it's in their best interest to have CJ and JC split. That said I intend to flex him over

Crowell next week. 10 Jamaal Charles touches the way he is playing now is flex worthy in my opinion.*

In a 12 team competitive league. PPR

I'm gonna start considering JC in my flex, too. His floor on 10 touches isn't so bad + he's getting red zone work for upside. Given what Thompson did to the Raiders last night, JC may be in line for a nice week.

1 hour ago, augustine said:

I'm gonna start considering JC in my flex, too. His floor on 10 touches isn't so bad + he's getting red zone work for upside. Given what Thompson did to the Raiders last night, JC may be in line for a nice week.

Seeing that JC is only 3.4 pts behind Abdullah(my 2nd starter) in our standard league,I've already got him penciled in for week 4 flex.

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Don't own Charles but I tend to think if CJA got injured they would ride him and hope for the best and for vintage JC. Thinking long and hard about picking him up

They wont.   Maybe a slight uptick in touches.    The goal is to keep JC between 8-12 touches a game.  Keep him around for the whole season.   But he is plenty useful in that role.    I'd definitely pick him up if u have the space 

23 hours ago, augustine said:

Yeah they aren't really favoring one back for RZ or 3rd downs.   If JC is in he stays in-  ditto for CJA.  

Just now, mmcc1029 said:

He's averaged 9.3 with CJ, you lol at the fact he might get 6 more with CJ gone? 

He wont become the lead back. His role will stay exactly the same and they’ll just plug in Booker or bring Williams up from the practice squad