Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy a must hold if you own CJA?  I could see him getting around his same amount of touches if CJA got hurt with Booker filling in the CJA roll.  What's everybody's thoughts?  My bench space is getting tight with week 8 byes coming up and was thinking of dropping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UFGator said:

Is this guy a must hold if you own CJA?  I could see him getting around his same amount of touches if CJA got hurt with Booker filling in the CJA roll.  What's everybody's thoughts?  My bench space is getting tight with week 8 byes coming up and was thinking of dropping.

I dropped him this week.  Don't like that Booker got alot of work last week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UFGator said:

Is this guy a must hold if you own CJA?  I could see him getting around his same amount of touches if CJA got hurt with Booker filling in the CJA roll.  What's everybody's thoughts?  My bench space is getting tight with week 8 byes coming up and was thinking of dropping.

 

Yeah, I think that even if CJA's leg falls off this week, Booker will be given a shot to replace CJA and Jamaal may or may not keep the same change-of-pace role.  Even if that isn't the case, and JC starts getting 20 touches again, we know from recent history that his body can no longer handle 20 touches for more than a few games before he breaks down.

Is it really worth using a bench spot on a guy who (a) needs an injury to the starter to have a shot at more touches, (b) may not even get more touches if the starter goes down, and (c) would only be usable for 3-4 games max even if two other RBs get injured?  He was worth a waiver add when it looked like he might push for a bigger role, just because of what he's done for our fantasy teams in the past, but I would rather use a bench spot on a handcuff who has a better shot at being the starter if the lead guy goes down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patsgofor6 said:
Broncos coach Vance Joseph said Jamaal Charles will "get more and more touches."
"That’s always the plan with Jamaal as we go forward in the season," Joseph added. His workload has actually gone the other way recently, with Charles recording just six touches in each of the last two games, and the Broncos have not really shown any sign of increasing his snap share. Perhaps that will change, but for now he is just a bench stash. Oct 19 - 9:00 AM
 
Coach speak or legit?  Charles  has looked much more spry and explosive than I had expected prior to the season,

Sounds like coach speak. Actions speak louder than words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the coach here and the reason is I see Charles running on the field and he looks like the same Charles that played on the Chiefs more often than not. If I were his coach and had what I had in the backfield, I would definitely do my best to keep Charles fresh and then use him as much as I needed to down the stretch. Sprinkle in carries throughout the season to keep him honest and used to some sort of workload, reduce the likelihood of injury, and then increase the workload as the season goes on. I've held on to Charles in two leagues since draft day under the assumption that he would either be flex worthy by playoffs or an immediate high end RB2/RB1 if CJA doesn't play. At this point, while I think Booker may get more work than I initially anticipated, I think Charles is startable if there's an injury to CJA and will probably be a flex play by playoff time.  All that said, I would still need to SEE the increased workload before playing him.  If I see a pattern of 10-15 touches I'm starting him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bluecore said:

I've held on to Charles in two leagues since draft day under the assumption that he would either be flex worthy by playoffs or an immediate high end RB2/RB1 if CJA doesn't play. At this point, while I think Booker may get more work than I initially anticipated, I think Charles is startable if there's an injury to CJA and will probably be a flex play by playoff time.  All that said, I would still need to SEE the increased workload before playing him.  If I see a pattern of 10-15 touches I'm starting him. 

I added him after he was dropped and am holding. He's looking good so far. Broncos ended last year in a platoon with the guys they have now, I can see Charles getting a chance eventually. If he explodes its game over

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 9:40 AM, addicted2ff said:

Sounds like coach speak. Actions speak louder than words.

 

No reason to think that.   VJ has been honest and candid about his Charles plans all along.  Remember when  everyone assumed JC would be cut because he didn’t see game action until preseason week 3 or 4?   VJ said it was always the plan and sure enough.      I see JC getting 15 carries a game coming up and Booker just a CJ cuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

No reason to think that.   VJ has been honest and candid about his Charles plans all along.  Remember when  everyone assumed JC would be cut because he didn’t see game action until preseason week 3 or 4?   VJ said it was always the plan and sure enough.      I see JC getting 15 carries a game coming up and Booker just a CJ cuff. 

Debating dropping J Stew for him.  Neither has been very good but trying to see which one has more upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, herschel said:

Debating dropping J Stew for him.  Neither has been very good but trying to see which one has more upside.

Correction-  One of them has not been very good.   The other has been, but hasn’t seen enough work.    I think JC could be a nice flex option down the stretch, he’s still got that home run ability.   Just don’t expect it every week or right away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Correction-  One of them has not been very good.   The other has been, but hasn’t seen enough work.    I think JC could be a nice flex option down the stretch, he’s still got that home run ability.   Just don’t expect it every week or right away.  

That's fair.  Not to make it too AC, but I guess I'm trying to decide who has the better handcuff situation if their respective lead back goes down....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, herschel said:

That's fair.  Not to make it too AC, but I guess I'm trying to decide who has the better handcuff situation if their respective lead back goes down....

Hmm..  probably Stewart.   I don’t see JC as a lead back at this stage of his career.   But without injury, I’d definitely prefer JC.    So it depends on what you are looking for.     It feels like Charles is on the cusp of breaking a few big runs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hype here isn't making much sense to me.

 

He was in a 2 rb committee, he's about to be on a 3 rb committee. Plus now if CJA went down Booker takes that role, and Charles stays where he's at. He's fine I guess as a stash but meh, I don't really see huge potential here and coaches seem to be smartly and purposely limiting his touches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, too much hype here.  Been hearing about giving Charles more carries since the pre season.  Now enters Booker again.......IMO, when CJ goes down I think Booker is the one who will take the bulk.  I saw Charles on acouple of runs get up a bit slow, not hobbled, but had that look to him.  I don't think they will ever give him the bulk no matter what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I agree, too much hype here.  Been hearing about giving Charles more carries since the pre season.  Now enters Booker again.......IMO, when CJ goes down I think Booker is the one who will take the bulk.  I saw Charles on acouple of runs get up a bit slow, not hobbled, but had that look to him.  I don't think they will ever give him the bulk no matter what happens.

And sadly this is why i let him go. I saw the same thing. Throw Booker back in the mix and the situation just got worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday night he makes his return to KC, can't you see him having a big game, kinda like AP did in his first game with Zona?  At the very least I'd expect them to give him a few more carries, especially given how bad the offense looked last week, how average CJA has looked recently and that they likely fall behind vs KC and need to pass a lot more...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Is he droppable. I don't own CJA but been holding charles this whole time. Hitting those bye weeks though.

I own CJA and thinking about dropping Charles.  The only thing holdinge back is if CJA goes down, Charles and Booker enter a timeshare, likely giving charles 12-15 touches pg.  I'd like to see that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...