Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook

elite

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Wrong. 

And that has zero impact on JC.  If healthy he's competing for the COP role.   Never again will he be a primary rb.  

Yeah, no variable matters other than Charles's health. 

If he's healthy, he'll be a PPR RB2/Flex even on a handful of touches per game. If he's not healthy, well then, he's done. 

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Wrong

And that has zero impact on JC.  If healthy he's competing for the COP role.   Never again will he be a primary rb.  

He's lucky Devontae hit a rookie wall last year and injured his wrist. He's even better than Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

He's lucky Devontae hit a rookie wall last year and injured his wrist. He's even better than Anderson. 

Rigghttt....that bronco running game was real impressive with Booker.  

It's irrelevant though-  Charles either proves he has enough gamebreakng ability to cut another rb who actually contributes by playing special teams or he's gone.   

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Give me the guy everyone was buying in the 3rd round last year, who only added 12 carries to his resume in 2016, and is only a single season removed from averaging 21 points per game. Only Bell, DJ, and Zeke averaged more than 21PPG last year.

Everyone wasn't buying JC in the 3rd round last year. Plenty of us warned those taking him in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th (as more and more bad news came out pushing his ADP down) that there were serious issues going on in KC and with JC. 

Two years since his 2015 campaign. Age definitely isn't in his corner nor helping the situation out. If JC was 25 or 26 years old this season, then I would say you probably have a point about him putting up 21PPG two seasons ago. But the guy is turning 31 years old this season and really hasn't embodied a NFL player with a clean bill of health the last few years. I myself would rather role the dice and go with the upside of a Jamaal Williams, or CJ Prosise, or figure last season was a down year for Forte over Jamaal Charles at current ADP. 12th/13th round I would jump in on JC if he was still around (doubtful). 

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Everyone wasn't buying JC in the 3rd round last year. Plenty of us warned those taking him in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th (as more and more bad news came out pushing his ADP down) that there were serious issues going on in KC and with JC. 

Two years since his 2015 campaign. Age definitely isn't in his corner nor helping the situation out. If JC was 25 or 26 years old this season, then I would say you probably have a point about him putting up 21PPG two seasons ago. But the guy is turning 31 years old this season and really hasn't embodied a NFL player with a clean bill of health the last few years. I myself would rather role the dice and go with the upside of a Jamaal Williams, or CJ Prosise, or figure last season was a down year for Forte over Jamaal Charles at current ADP. 12th/13th round I would jump in on JC if he was still around (doubtful). 

Wouldn't even consider him till the last rnd.   Probably not even then.  Unless something amazing happens in that GB game,  I'd take Ridley, Booker, AND Henderson before him,   It's like that 

51 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Vance Joseph says Jamaal Charles will play "a lot" this week against GB.   "This is his shot."  

George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

I'm not holding my breath. If JC had anything left, the Broncos would know by now. He wouldn't need this "shot". 

IMO, this sounds like a case of the team telling Charles, we aren't going to cut you without giving a chance at game action, but we all know it's over. 

It's sad, because Charles was probably my favorite player in the league since Barry Sanders. 

On 8/17/2017 at 11:49 AM, burninglegs said:

This should be solidifying CJA as a top 15 RB.  His competition for carries is an injured 2nd year player that fumbles, a former star that appears like he is not healthy, a RB off the streets that any NFL could have signed, a later round rookie, and Jajuan Thompson 

59 minutes ago, Elwood333 said:

This should be solidifying CJA as a top 15 RB.  His competition for carries is an injured 2nd year player that fumbles, a former star that appears like he is not healthy, a RB off the streets that any NFL could have signed, a later round rookie, and Jajuan Thompson 

It doesn't change it for me.   JC was never a threat to CJA.    He will get 65-70% of the work, and Henderson Ridley Booker will all be factors in some way.   A series  here, a third down there.    

14 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

Career record holder in ypc (5.5).  If he says he is ready, tonight's game could change draft boards.

If you're down by a score in the 4th quarter and JC is the best RB on the team, do you use a committee?  

CJA gonna be his change of pace back.  Gone are the days of 20+ touches, but this guy has shown he can be incredibly fantasy relevant with just 15.  

I'm envisioning Lamar Miller on the dolphins type production.

Let me be incredibly clear here though.  I'm JC's biggest fan.  I'm incredibly biased.  He's won me many titles.  I will never NOT be a JC supporter.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares