NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jamaal Charles 2017 Season Outlook

elite

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I never said JC didn't look good. I just said that I'm skeptical that he gets the necessary touches to make him a flex play. There's CJA, and Booker is going to get some touches, as well. I would LOVE to be wrong...and I drafted him in case he stays healthy and I am wrong. My draft went poorly enough that I pretty much need to be wrong. Lol. I'm just skeptical that he gets enough workload to consistently (and that's the key word for me) get 15 or more touches. 

Maybe I'm just being overly cautious to keep my hopes from getting up, lol. 

We will see but id hate to live in the bizarro world where Booker gets carries over a healthy Jamaal Charles.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Why would you reach for a guy somewhere that he's not even being considered? That's bad drafting. I feel like the earliest he'd go in a 12-teamer is the 11th round.

He went in that range in a number of my FFC mocks. Did go in the end of the 11th in my actual draft, however, so you're right in that you can wait a little longer. I will say I got greedy and he was taken right before I was going to take him with the 2nd pick in the 12th so 11th is probably better if you really want him. 

I had my 10 team draft last saturday. Nominated him for $1...crickets, no one bid on him. Very happy with him on my team. Could be a steal or could be a wasted buck, but i'll keep him on my bench and see what he does. 

If he can be solid, he should see a lot of touches. I don't think too highly of cj....

Just noticed...

My Week 8 Bye Week RB: Jamaal Charles - Monday Night Football in KC....giddy-up!

(If he can stay healthy to that point)

As of now, he looks great and will split carries with CJ -- sooner rather than later he'll look close to his old self, while earning a higher share of the carries. That's my hope anyway. Think he'll be one of the steals of the draft.

32 minutes ago, Magoo said:

If he gets back to form (or even close to it), then you have to expect he'll get at least 50% of the carries.  I don't think C.J. should be viewed as a deterrent in deciding to draft Charles.

I don't know about that. They may choose to use him primarily as a passing downs back. I'd definitely expect CJ to get most of the goal line work.

13 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

I don't know about that. They may choose to use him primarily as a passing downs back. I'd definitely expect CJ to get most of the goal line work.

Historically, Jamaal didn't need goal line carries or a lot of touches to be valuable.    

I am not sure what Denver will do if Charles out performs Anderson, but Charles has proven he can be a valuable even in a timeshare. He looked pretty healthy and confident in the preseason game he played.

I am drafting him with a 2014 Fred Jackson year in mind.

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

Historically, Jamaal didn't need goal line carries or a lot of touches to be valuable.    

Well, historically, he also didn't really split carries. I'd be willing to bet CJ is going to get the lions share of rushing attempts.

3 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Well, historically, he also didn't really split carries. I'd be willing to bet CJ is going to get the lions share of rushing attempts.

CJ has yet to prove he can handle 20+ carries a game. I don't think CJ is an obstacle to Jamaal getting 15 touches a game based on Denver RBs the last few years

Im a big Jamaal Charles guy but expectations of passing CJA just simply by being healthy are a bit crazy in my mind.

The guy basically hasn't played in a real game since week 5 or 6 of 2015 and now we're all expecting him to go for 20 carries a game and be a workhorse? Broncos would be a fool to push him like crazy and CJA is still a decent back in general.

15 minutes ago, IHateFFButCantStop said:

Im a big Jamaal Charles guy but expectations of passing CJA just simply by being healthy are a bit crazy in my mind.

The guy basically hasn't played in a real game since week 5 or 6 of 2015 and now we're all expecting him to go for 20 carries a game and be a workhorse? Broncos would be a fool to push him like crazy and CJA is still a decent back in general.

Great name lol.  I wouldn't say I'm expecting him to get either 20 or be a workhouse.  He has a track record of success with limited carries and he looked healthy last week.  Total flyer material....but one of the better ones for PPR imo.