NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Henry 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tight-end games continue. Deciding between ASJ and Henry every week is a dirt pile.

Seems like with tightends, except for the top 3-4, you either get a boom or a bust. They can have a pretty good ceiling but an awful floor. It's the most frustrating position in all of fantasy.

36 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I hope you are right. I just cut Engram (trending downward) for him and I need to win to make the playoffs. 

Im debating if it's worth holding EE. I don't want to hold 3 TEs and HH and the Seals guy are both available.  So I'm trying to decide which 2 of those 3 I should roster. Glad I'm not the only crazy one to consider dropping EE. Might give it a week though to wait and see.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hunter Henry is going to be on quite a few FFL championship rosters this year.

Yeah if your team is good enough to overcome his inevitable 2 catch/ 15 yard game...

Edited by tah10
21 minutes ago, tah10 said:

Yeah if your team is good enough to overcome his inevitable 2 catch/ 15 yard game...

It's looking like Henry got those games out of the way for this season.

12 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Since Cleveland is terrible vs TEs, expect Gates to get another TD this week to pad his stats before he retires.  Seems that is just as important as winning for the Chargers.

That's a pessimistic take, and I would be more inclined to agree with you if we were in weeks 1-5 or so.

But things have changed.  Against Dallas in week 12, Henry played 54 snaps to Gates's 18.  Gates got two targets and one red zone target, but he got overpowered by the safety, who knocked the ball out of Gates's hands with ludicrous ease.  After that, Rivers did not throw Gates another pass  It's all over for Gates, and even the Chargers CS and Rivers himself can't fool themselves and think otherwise any longer.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

I hear you, but the Chargers coaching staff and FO are atrocious.  Henry's last game with double digit fantasy points before week 12, was week 7.  

Hard to feel good about starting him, even with TE being crap this year.  The match up is good, just not sure commitment to involve the TE is for the Chargers.

Edited by Red Dog

If you had watched the Dallas game from start to finish, as I did, you would probably be feeling better about Henry.  The 2nd year TE was hugely involved in every phase of the Chargers offense.

Yeah maybe it's naive, but I am trusting HH the rest of the way. I know the Chargers staff has really misused and/or not maximized their talents often in the past, but have to believe they have finally seen enough to feature HH and not use him to block so frequently.

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah maybe it's naive, but I am trusting HH the rest of the way. I know the Chargers staff has really misused and/or not maximized their talents often in the past, but have to believe they have finally seen enough to feature HH and not use him to block so frequently.

I rage dropped him a few weeks ago and I am in disbelief that he blew up last week against a barely there Dallas offense. That being said, I wish I realized that tight end is a crap shoot and that he was worth holding onto due to his ceiling that he showed earlier this year.

I hope he turns it around as I am a fan of his talent. I no longer own him anymore, and I am thankful that he is on a non-playoff contender.

19 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I rage dropped him a few weeks ago and I am in disbelief that he blew up last week against a barely there Dallas offense. That being said, I wish I realized that tight end is a crap shoot and that he was worth holding onto due to his ceiling that he showed earlier this year.

I hope he turns it around as I am a fan of his talent. I no longer own him anymore, and I am thankful that he is on a non-playoff contender.

I think giving up on a player, then seeing that player flourish, is one of the toughest parts about this hobby.  Maybe that's why I tend to hold on for dear life, perhaps to my detriment at times.  

Maybe you can get Hunter Henry next year, but I suspect it is going to take some premium draft capital to land him in 2018.

Edited by SharkSwimmer