NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Henry 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I'm starting to think HH could be a good contrarian play this week.

In a DFS tournament, sure maybe it payoffs big. Nothing about the matchup is imposing, it's all about his usage.

In season long leagues, I'm not sure you can justify playing him this week unless you have nothing else.  

I dropped him in anger but in hindsight probably wasn't the best move. Thing is this year a lot of TEs have weekly potential for good games and HH always seems to be utilized less than he should whether be because he's a good blocker or because he has slow-mo gates out snapping him. Either way I picked up Brate in his place and there's always Seferian-Jenkins as a sneaky pick up.

3 hours ago, Pigskingpin said:

I dropped him in anger but in hindsight probably wasn't the best move. Thing is this year a lot of TEs have weekly potential for good games and HH always seems to be utilized less than he should whether be because he's a good blocker or because he has slow-mo gates out snapping him. Either way I picked up Brate in his place and there's always Seferian-Jenkins as a sneaky pick up.

I think one more week for HH was the play. It's tough to tell what he'll do with a healthy Keenan and (I think) a more run-oriented offense. HH just needs to stay on the field and not let this be a Tight End by Committee.

The coach would be dumb to make this offense more run-oriented when you have a HOF QB at the helm who is still pretty dang good.

6 hours ago, Pigskingpin said:

Perfect example of over reacting.  A one week game script ( first week) doesn't mean it's a constant.  

16 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Perfect example of over reacting.  A one week game script ( first week) doesn't mean it's a constant.  

I don't think it's an over reaction. I just can't afford keeping 2 TE's and I don't want the risk of a guy putting up 0's for all the reasons people have been saying in this thread (Gates, healthy WR core, Rivers likes his guys). I'll never regret dropping him because although he might start putting up decent numbers, I'm confident enough he won't be outscoring all the other options and guys I play instead of him by a wide margin.

Picked him up and I'm just stashing him.  The guy oozes potential, hopefully Gates gets the record and starts fading away.  We look for upside every week on the wire and this guy is a difference maker if Gates ever went down. Think of him as an elite handcuff until further notice. 

On 9/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, tah10 said:

And he's back!!! Glad I didn't knee jerk after one game.

Gates got the record today as well. 

Folks who dropped Hunter Henry after one game for the likes of Charles Clay and Cameron Brate left a nice gift on the waiver wires for others. As a general rule after one week you still want to value players who had a bad game at where you drafted them.

I'm contemplating putting in a Waiver claim on him...

I really wonder how much Gates will fade into the background now that the team started out 0-2.

This guy could be a steal for any leagues who had a owner with a short fuse cut him after Week 1.

8 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

Henry is the ultimate weapon for the chargers. Runs great routes and has reliable hands and huge target for Rivers. They gotta be stupid if they don't continue to feature him. 

7 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

Same question.. what is he worth if he is on the waiver? anyone??

Chargers Fan here  and HH fan, hate to temper your expectations but I'd tread lightly. HH is great talent, but they arn't just gonna start sitting Gates. And the chargers have an abundance of weapons already on offense. Melvin Gordon... top 10 RB who they like feeding passes to, Keenan Allen...enough said, Tyrell Williams #13 fantasy producing receiver last year after Allen went down... Antonio Gates.. older and slower then HH but still Philip Rivers most trusted 3rd down and Red Zone target...

There arn't enough targets for HH to put up elite numbers this year.... But i hope you guys prove me wrong as that would probably mean my chargers are winning more games if that is the case.

24 minutes ago, socalkol said:

Chargers Fan here  and HH fan, hate to temper your expectations but I'd tread lightly. HH is great talent, but they arn't just gonna start sitting Gates. And the chargers have an abundance of weapons already on offense. Melvin Gordon... top 10 RB who they like feeding passes to, Keenan Allen...enough said, Tyrell Williams #13 fantasy producing receiver last year after Allen went down... Antonio Gates.. older and slower then HH but still Philip Rivers most trusted 3rd down and Red Zone target...

There arn't enough targets for HH to put up elite numbers this year.... But i hope you guys prove me wrong as that would probably mean my chargers are winning more games if that is the case.

They are 0-2... if they want to start winning games, they will put in Hunter Henry instead of Gates. I believe we already have started to witness the change of the guard. When they were down in the game against the Fins, driving down the field, who was in making catches? HH. Gates has his record... I purely see him as a RZ play and some 2 TE sets with Henry blocking sometimes. But we shall see...

1 minute ago, FantasyGOAT said:

They are 0-2... if they want to start winning games, they will put in Hunter Henry instead of Gates. I believe we already have started to witness the change of the guard. When they were down in the game against the Fins, driving down the field, who was in making catches? HH. Gates has his record... I purely see him as a RZ play and some 2 TE sets with Henry blocking sometimes. But we shall see...

Spoken like a true HH owner.... Chargers 0-2 due to our lack of ability to kick field goals when it matters.... HH isnt going to change that.

3 minutes ago, socalkol said:

Spoken like a true HH owner.... Chargers 0-2 due to our lack of ability to kick field goals when it matters.... HH isnt going to change that.

Yeah, most TDs of any TE last year doesn't mean anything... and 7 for 7 last week doesn't mean anything either (2nd behind Keenan)